“Super Trip”

Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Beautiful place with great service and good food. Beach and pool are top shelf. We had some issues but staff addressed them ASAP. Bug spray suggested; the bugs liked me but not my wife. Great snorkeling and diving. We had a two bedroom with two balconies; plenty of room.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank mjwaz
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review!
We are thrilled that you had a super trip and everything exceeded your expectations. There can be an issue anywhere and its how quickly the response is to remedy the opportunity that arose.

Thanks again and we all hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful resort with good restaurant, nice staff, convenient. Excellent dive shop on site, you walk out of your condo, go out to the beach and get on the boat. They take care of your equipment and all your needs. Doesn't get any easier. They also have sailing charters and other activities on site. We loved it! Great restaurants all down the beach and awesome snorkeling just a few feet out. The pool is beautiful. Even room service tastes great!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jillshonestreviews
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Jillshonestreviews,
Thank you for your review and choosing Infinity Bay, we do realize that that you have many choices when choosing a vacation. We look forward to your return!

Have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Beautiful Hotel with an included breakfast every morning! The beach is clean and the prime location in Roatan. Definitely go to the bar/restaurant at the hotel and ask for Jaimi, Ziggy, or Darlon. They take great care of you. Don't worry about sand fleas, I packed bug spray and thought about investing in cactus juice and I didn't even need it. I highly recommend diving while you are here. You get to see so many beautiful fish and aquatic life. We saw turtles, eel, parrot fish, lobster, and barracuda. If you dive, ask for Dale or Adam! They will make your diving experience a blast, and you will definitely laugh. If you aren't ready to dive, at least snorkel and explore the reef. You will still see some beautiful fish in shallow waters. We will definitely be back again!

Room Tip: since you spend so much time on the beach, and the beach is just steps from the hotel room, you don...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Dear MyyaSuhl,

Thank you so very much for the ultimate compliment....returning and becoming part of the Infinity family is whats its all about! It was a pleasure to have met you and your family and learning about living living in Las Vegas. The resort team is very appreciative for you remembering some of their names.

To quote Ed Bauer - "there are no strangers only friends we haven't met"

Regards to our new new friends in Vegas!
Rick

Reviewed June 14, 2014

From the beginning (arrival at airport where I was met by hotel representative who fast tracked me and luggage through customs) to the front desk calling to arrange return shuttle the night before I left, everything went very well with my stay at the property in early June 2014.
Pluses -- great location with snorkeling around coral reef just a short swim from beach front, condo clean and well maintained, included breakfast (not great, but omelets to order, pancakes, fruit, bacon, etc.), daily maid service, security around the beach chair area so felt comfortable leaving some things there while swimming or walking down beach, free wifi throughout property, large nice pool, free kayaks, free shuttle to/from airport (25 minute ride),
Negatives -- bar drinks were a bit pricey compared to other options down beach; similarly, food options were better elsewhere; also 3:00pm check in time was enforced though hotel wasn't that busy -- had to cool heels for a couple of hours
I stayed in Villa 2, 2nd floor (#203) -- Villa 1 is closest to beach as is Villa 10 (on other side of property boundary).
Water taxi to West End leaves from dock very near hotel ($3 per person if 4 people are traveling -- else $5 for 2 people). Food was definitely cheaper in West End.
No need to change any $ to Honduran money -- US $ accepted everywhere.
$39.72 per person departure tax -- pay at bank counter in airport after checking in at airline counter -- can do by credit card
I recommend Banana Rama just up beach from hotel for drinks and dinner. On Sunday, they had live band, hermit crab races and fire dancers. The Argentinian Grill up the beach was also good.
Dinner for 2 with couple of drinks each was generally $40 to $50.
Close by hotel was the West Bay Mall with a mini market as well as Celestes restaurant which had very good baleada (tortilla with chicken, shrimp, pork or beef, beans, rice, cheese).
Conch shells for sale on beach -- don't buy as I saw immigration confiscated one from a tourist.
I will definitely return next year -- great place, great people.

Room Tip: Obviously try to get a condo on top floor - condos closest to beach are in building 1 and building 1...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MMfromAustin

Dear MMfromAustin,

Thank you very much for your review and choosing Infinity Bay. Your comments are very well received and have been discussed with our operations team! In general you contribute some good advice to future visitors!

Looking forward to your return and a big thank you up to Austin!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We traveled to Infinity Bay at West Bay Roatan to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. This resort is located right on the most magnificent beach I have EVER been to. The views are what you would see on post cards. The resort itself is fabulous and the employees from reception (Christy, Olga), luggage (my man Willie), waiters (Brady aka Micheal Vick, Steve, Miami Heat girl) are all awesome. Our 3 bedroom beachfront condo was jaw dropping from the minute we opened the door. Everyone in our family of six thoroughly enjoyed Infinity Bay and West Bay. The food at the breakfast buffet was always filling and had a great variety of choices. The La Palapa bar and restaurant was also fabulous and we never had a meal or drinks that disappointed us. You can snorkel, dive, parasail, amongst many other activities right from Infinity Bay. Unlike other beach destinations that are so commercialized with high rise condos, Infinity Bay and West Bay offer the feel of the Roatan culture and the seclusion of a paradise beach vacation. And lastly I have read some of the small complaints from other reviewers and I all can say is that these people are probably the type that complain constantly no matter what they do or where they go. Roatan and Infinity Bay will be a yearly destination for our family.

Todd Herbet
Covington, Louisiana

Room Tip: Beach front is exactly on the beach. Pool view or ocean view is still excellent and only 50 to 75 y...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Todd H

Dear Todd H,

We are thrilled that you had an "outstanding vacation" and used your valuable time to share this on TripAdvisor! This means so much to the resort team! The staff cheering when your review was hared with them.

Todd we hope to see back in Roatan when time permits!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Infinity Bay has that "Wow" factor - this is how vacations should be! Look no further if you're still looking for accomodations on Roatan - this may not be the cheapest place to stay but you get what you pay for. :)

There is no place safer, more beautiful and centrally located with access to the best beach on the entire island, than Infinity Bay. I would feel comfortable coming here as a single woman if I had to (not that I would ever be allowed to go on vacay alone by my loved ones :) )- which is saying a lot, considering some of the negative press that's been written on the internet lately about Roatan travel. One night we wanted to walk down the beach (two girls) to check out another bar and asked someone to walk us, and one of the guards actually did; this is the level of dedication that IB's staff has to ensure a relaxing and safe stay. The staff is extremely attentive and as soon as you order your first drink at The Palapa, you've already found "new, trustworthy friends" - our bartenders, Steve and Swift are awesome and fun! The Palapa Bar is my favorite hangout; it epitomizes my favorite phrase "The livin' is easy!" - no place serves better drinks and food around and having the sand on your toes the entire time, with a fantastic view of West Bay - I even prefer to have my breakfast here. :) During my first trip to Roatan less than 2 years ago, I found out the hard way that some of the more popular establishments (whose names I won't mention here) may have less expensive food and drinks but they are not up to par with food handling and safety (I got food poisoning) so I am hesitant to go anywhere else. Infinity Bay even has a great water purification system throughout the property that you can drink water from your room's faucet.

I don't have OCD and I am really low maintenance as a traveler but cleanliness is paramount when choosing a place for me to stay while on vacation. Infinity Bay is well-maintained and truthfully one of the cleanest places that you can stay or visit on Roatan. I saw the pool guys, gardeners and groundskeepers every morning when I was up at 6:30 AM to run on the beach - this is how they keep the grounds and the property, immaculate.

Words cannot describe how beautiful the beach is in front of Infinity Bay - am a California beach girl, went to college in Hawaii and now lives in Miami Beach... yet to me, there is no beach like West Bay. The sand is powdery white and the water is perfect to swim in and standup paddleboard - snorkelers and scuba divers alike can access the reefs that are only a short swim away, that's just teeming with wildlife.

This is my second review of Infinity Bay so I am not going to talk much about the rooms - they are perfect and very spacious and comes with a full-size refrigerator, washer & dryer - all the comforts of home.

The service makes this property - the team that Rick (General Manager, if you're lucky to meet him, he is awesome :), if you haven't met him, seek him out) has put together since my last visit, is truly outstanding (I commend you for the high level and quality of service that the entire team provided us)...from Front Desk (check-in was seamless and our room was ready upon arrival) to Housekeeping (our room was spotless; hard to do usually for a beachfront property with all the sand that people usually drag in) to our shuttle driver to and from the airport. Let me just add that on our departure day, the airport shuttle was completely full and the hotel transportation department provided us with a private car to get dropped off in - and the young man (the driver whose name I can't remember) was so pleasant. Everyone we came in contact with was so polite and friendly and always had a sincere smile!

Thank you, Infinity Bay for another memorable trip - until next time! :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank LJ M

Dear LJ M,

Thank you very much for choosing Infinity Bay and for your extremely detailed review of your experience. Your comments are outstanding and are a return wow factor for our resort team. The team works extremely hard taking care of all the guests to best of our ability and your feedback makes it all worthwhile!!

We hope you have plans to return to your home away from home in the near future!!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

SO the best part, hands down, about IB is the location if you like to relax and snorkel. If you stay anywhere else, chances are you will end up walking down toward the end of the beach where IB sits to get into the reef. However, at $220-280/night, I think that you can find a much better value.

Staying here requires one to accept the fact that you are indeed in a resort - breakfasts served in a large dining hall, ala-carte, which was appreciated and fairly good. The rooms themselves are nice - high end finishes, flat screen TVs (that we never even turned on!), and a lot of room to spread out in. The little patio areas are great and a nice touch, giving you the chance to sit outside as the sun falls (or rises) and not feel on top of all those around you, as the areas are pretty sheltered by beautiful vegetation. The beach is very nice, as are all the beaches in West Bay, but you will be asked to buy a lot of things from local vendors. Drink prices were reasonable ($2.50-$3 for a local beer). We ate on the beach only once and were unimpressed - the dessert was one of the worst I've ever had, and the prices for food there are a little high for what you get.

The pools were splendid, although we were in them for about 10 minutes max. The place is safe and secure for those who like to worry about that kind of thing. The staff is friendly and often (especially at check-in) busy - it took us some time to check in (about 15 minutes) as we waited in line - they offer a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, but that also means you ride that shuttle with the same people that are forming a line on arrival. However, they were very nice.

I don't have much bad to say about the place - overall it was a very pleasing stay - but I am not a resort guy, the reason we stayed here for part of our Roatan trip was to give my wife some much needed respite from pharmacy school. I just don't think it was worth the price, and we even went in the shoulder/low season.

Room Tip: Good place for people with kids - great beach out front, no waves, nice pool, safe and secure for th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank pedrocor29
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear pedrocor29,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor.....our hard working resort team really appreciate your commentary.

It appears that you enjoyed all aspects of what our "resort" has to offer and for that we are quite thankful that we were able to deliver outstanding products and services.

You are 100% correct that Infinity Bay is a "resort" offering all the amenities that one would expect while on a vacation. Our goal is to accommodate everyones needs and exceed their expectations!

Again, thank you for all your positive comments and we wish you the best of luck in pharmacy school!

Regard

Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#4 of 14 in West Bay
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!