“New Year Celebrations”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Windsor, Canada
“New Year Celebrations”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Infinity Bay Resort was an amazing place to ring in the new year. Staff are great as well as the food. This is some of the best scuba diving in the world. Most speak english very well. Visiting the west end area is also a must while here. The beach is smooth white sand and the reef is only 100 from shore. Come and enjoy.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank arnold s
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear arnold s,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and share your experience at Infinity Bay. We are so glad that you enjoyed our hospitality, team members, food and incredible water experiences. Most of the other dive resorts from on and off island come right to the reef at Infinity for one of their world class experiences.

Stay warm and hope to see again!
Rick K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (635)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 3, 2014

the best: beach is excellent, cuz it's in a perfect location by the West End area. however the mosquitoes were around all over the place, i mean the "no-see-thems" I had bites all over my legs and did not all disappear after about 2 months. They were very itchy. Stayed there mid-November for 7 nights my BF had a deal from the full-time owner of the condo and gave him a discounted rate of $125/night that's about all I will pay for this place, not $325 or more like they're advertising. We were on the ground level, 1-bedroom, they told us they only cleaned the room once during our stay (not good) then again the day we check out.

I don't have a comparison since it was my first time there, but looking around the area this is what's best Roatan has to offer (for these prices!) They did not offer breakfast for us either but
all in all it was ok. If it was not for the mosquitoes that bit me i could have give it 1 more star.
Don't expect any luxury for this place though, the bathroom was about the best in the place, all marble but small. Also the maids would chitchat early in the morning next to our unit so that was
also annoying.

We were told to take anti-repellent for the bugs but I didn't expect it was that bad. We brought the
deet stuff but it sure didn't help. I googled later that Roatan has a severe mosquito problem I was itching so bad that it was unbearable I thought I had dengue fever or something like that. I also come from a 3rd world country from Asia, but this was the worst I've ever experienced. The hotel sprayed one evening outside the grounds and the morning after there must have been 100 bugs on the patio of our unit. Then again while we were at an outside restaurant (i think at the Bananarama where they have karaoke) later in the evening a fog of mist from a vehicle just started spraying while we were listening to the singers (thank goodness we had finished eating already) so we left right away. I'm guessing the vacant lot with a lot of stagnant water nearby the resort made it worse since it rained for a few days on and off while we were there.

Service at the hotel bar/restaurant by the water is good, but then again we were there during low season. Expect less service when it's high season since they have more to cater to anywhere you go. Walking distance to all the restaurants nearby. Kayaks are free from hotel, that was a plus.
I believe they also gave round trip airport transfer. TV should have be in the bedroom as well, but they only had it by the small living room.

Besides that it was fun!

Room Tip: The bedroom had no TV, so my BF had to park himself at the living room where there's a small LCD...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank fluffydog50
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear fluffydog50,

Thank you for taking write a review. We always appreciate useful and constructive feedback from our guests. You feel we are not 5-star resort and in the traditional sense most are not. We are proud to have a 10-star team that works incredibly hard to provide the best service on the island of Roatan. We are the choice for many celebrities and world leaders at Infinity Bay but providing the same great experience to everyone is our number one goal!

You mention that we have the best beach because we have the perfect location in the West Bay (not West End as indicated) - this is very true and is not a coincidence - it was by design as we invested in the best beach right in front of the reef. We are very glad that you enjoyed the location and the wondrous reef.

The design of our villas are the same throughout the entire unit not just isolated to the bathroom. The granite, travertine, fine Honduran wood products and stainless steel appliances.

You stayed with us in early November which is at the hight of the rainy season when the best rate deals of the entire year are available.....as you were able to take advantage of through a private owner. Along with the height of the rainy season does come mosquitos which is typical ecosystem byproduct anywhere in the world.

You mention that you have nothing in comparison and you are predicting what it might be like during the higher season - my suggestion is to come back to Infinity and see whats its actually like - you would be impressed.

The vacant lot that you refer to is actually a protected wetland on the adjacent property to Infinity Bay. Most of our villas have only one flat screen TV with 100 channels of programs but we are able to provide an additional TV loaner at no extra charge.

Thank you again for your review and allowing me to provide an expanded response with additional clarity form our position.

We do hope you have the chance to return to Infinity and Roatan!
Happy New Year!

Rick
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We travelled to Roatan on December 2nd and were lucky to have missed a big storm that had occurred earlier. Overall it was a good trip but I did have a few issues. I'll start with the positives:

Beach: the beach was amazing, the snorkeling is the best I have ever done, you are a five minute swim away from the second largest barrier reef in the world... just slip on your snorkel gear and enjoy the most beautiful underwater life. Some people on our resort who went for scuba saw dolphins and hammer head sharks. The water clarity was unbelievable I went snorkeling in the same spots my husband went for scuba and I could see everything clearly and I went snorkeling at least 3 times a day.

Staff: the staff here are wonderful...a special shout out to Marlon who made our trip wonderful. there were also others who were really friendly.

Buffet: the buffets were actually really good especially some of their soups, ceviches, breakfast ...the variety is small but I think that is what helps them maintain the decent quality...the ala carte menu for lunch was decent as well esp the Azteca soup which was a staple for me.

wifi/ cable: wifi was great and cable was the best....they ahd every channel you could dream off.

Issues:
Dogs: I would have ideally liked to know the resorts dog policy. The resort has 2 in house dogs, however they are relatively harmless and given that I have massive dog phobias I was happy I was able to coexist with them. The CEO walks his 2 little dogs on the grounds every morning and evening even these two dogs were very sweet and not intrusive. HOWEVER, there are some settlers that bring their large and very hyper Dobermans and german sheppards to the beach for a run....these dogs were loud and try to jump over you (I understand that they are playing but for someone with my phobia it would have been nice to be aware that off leash dogs hyper dogs frequent this beach on a daily basis). One of the dogs even scratched a 4 year old on the beach.For me the few minutes these dogs would appear on the beach were terrifying and given that there was no set timings I could not just doze off on the beach or relax as I always felt on guard when not in the water. For the most parts however, visitors that brought their pets on vacation had them on leashes and were respectful of others...the major issue were the pets of the locals/settlers.

Ala carte dinner: the all inclusive package comes with 2 ala carte dinners, please be warned that the ala carte dinners is exactly the same as the lunch...their are no extra options and if you ask me you are better off eating at the buffet. We were very disappointed as when we have been at an all inclusive the ala cartes are supposed to be your stand out meal....so you can imagine our confusion when we got the same menu as for lunch. Also please note that there is only the buffet and the ala carte restaurant no other options. I believe these things may change as these are growing pains the resorts all inclusive feature is still quite new but they do need to improve on this.

Entertainment: the night comes to an end fairly early here, dinner is served from 5-8 and all inclusive drinks end at 10pm. There is not any entertainment as such like what you come to expect from your typical all inclusive vacation. You can go down to west end but honestly there is really not much to see/do there....I think that was a waste of my evening

Bugs: Bring gallons of those insect repellents, you get feasted on in your sleep so becareful.

Hope this review helps future travellers and esp those that may share similar discomfort with dogs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank akhorasanee
Dear akhorasanee,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - the staff greatly appreciates it! We are thrilled that you had a good trip and enjoyed the beach, wonderful reef, our team members, food & beverage and internet services.

I would like to clarify to all the readers that there is no concern or issue with dogs at Infinity Bay or on West Bay Beach. There is the occasional resident that walks or runs with their dog but its minimal and quite typical.

The ala carte offerings for you group is an all day and night dinning menu with over three dozen selections plus the daily specials are included as well. In addition, if anyone has any special dietary needs or special requests we are happy to accommodate.

I sincerely hopes this adds clarification and we all wish you a happy new year!

At your service!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 2, 2014

im not one to write a review as we prefer to just read them as we are very busy. My wife and I are both physicians and we barely have time for each other.

After reading the review before with we would call the wrong diagnosis we were inclined to sit down and write a quick review. We have been to Infinity 5-times and each and every time there are u[pgrades and improvements. The food is outstanding, the staff is amazing and the overall services cannot be beat on thje island of Roatan. The fact that breakfast is now included is superb! The internet could be more consistent but no big deal.

we are looking forward to more RR this upcoming May!

Room Tip: we always pay extra to be close to the beach but anywhere seems fine.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jack o
Dear jack o,
Thanks so much for your review and your very nice commentary. I remember one of our guests getting some medical advice from you....that was very gracious.

We always look forward to your annual or semi annual return to Infinity to recharge from the stressful jobs you and your wife have. We a spot penciled in for you anytime in May.

Thanks again!
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

This place is like a dream come true. The view is amazing, the service is impeccable, and the other guests are extremely welcoming. Although this place is a little pricy it is worth every cent! I strongly suggest a visit! One day on this beach and you will be glad that you decided to pay! Have fun!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank SV1995
Dear SV1995,
The entire staff is thrilled that your vacation dream came true. We are glad that found significant value with your experience. We look forward to your return to create more memories!

Regards
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I've been coming to this hotel for over 4 years and every time I leave, I'm more impressed. It just keeps getting better ---the service, quality of the food, friendliness and security, the cleanliness of the hotel and the beach! It's just the perfect relaxing holiday! From the hotel itself to the quality of both hotel guests and employees.

I spend most of my time in the ocean or at the beach and pool. When at the pool and Palapa bar area we are always served with smiles and laughter, surprisingly given the busy season. Puma, Alex, and the other servers and waiters never disappoint us! On New Years, Mosquitos were eating me alive and I made a comment at the bar....5-10 minutes later, Christian, one of the waiters, brought me a can of insect repellent! If that's not great service to you, I don't know what to say!

Tommy, who is in charge of the unit sales, and Rick, the hotel manager, are also friendly and always approachable if you need anything. You can see them walking around the hotel and chatting with guests all day long.

Rooms are spacious, beds are TOP quality, they are clean and very comfortable!

The scuba diving is beyond spectacular! Get on a boat and check out one of the many diving sites or just put on your equipment and go diving right from the Infinity hotel shore. The diving team at Infinity is not only very service and quality oriented but also FUN! From the manager, Guja, who does the bookings to the rest in the shop's team...Dale, Sara and Adam are just great to dive with! The support team, including boat captains, Jairo and Amos, are so friendly! It's a worry-free experience every time. The team takes care of bringing your equipment on and off the boat, prep your masks before your dive (so they don't fog up underwater), make you laugh, check if you're good to go on your dive....you name it! FULL service! A blast every time!

Thank you Infinity Family, for another amazing holiday in Roatan!

Room Tip: Rooms are great ---clean and spacious! And include a kitchen area which is perfect if you're sta...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ajenniffer
Dear Ajenniffer,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences at Infinity Bay. The staff is trilled that you had an outstanding and felt at home.

Relaxation is one of our key objectives and we are so happy that you were able to relax, rejuvenate and enjoy your precious time together.

Hope to see back at your home away from home when you have the time!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at Infinity Bay and there are several differences from just a year ago. Least time we booked thru an owner and this year United Vacations. The difference between the two is daily maid service and plentiful coffee. The first issue was with the transfers. We were met at the airport by an I Bay rep. We identified ourselves while we were in the immigration line. By the time we had gotten our luggage he was no where to be found. We had to pay for a taxi ($25). Once at I Bay we informed the front desk about the issue. Incredibly they said they did not know when we were arriving. United Vacations, one flight a day, not enough of a clue for an uncaring staff.
Then we went to get towels for the beach and pool. They had none a 3:30 in the afternoon and said to check back tomorrow. Really, no towels at prime swimming time? Followed by a visit to the Palapa Bar when the uncaring continues, all week it was difficult to get food or drink due to the disorganization of the servers.

A bit about our room. The studios have no where to sit but the sofa. No chairs, a nice bar, but no stools and no table. The patio door did not open easily. Maintenance tried to fix it the first day, it only stuck more. Being the rainy buggy season we moved the table and chairs inside. That was good for a few days, until we returned to find the door standing open and all of the Mosquitos inside the room. Calls to the front desk had no effect, no bug spray, nothing.

Last year pool and bar service was great. Everything in the room worked. Servers were happy and gave great service.

This place has potential, no doubt about it. They just need improved management. As it happens, we did speak with the GM as we checked out. He seemed sincere in wanting to get the resort back to prior service levels.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 31310EllenN
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear 31310EllenN,

Thank for your review and the brief moment we had the chance to speak on your way out yesterday morning.

Two significant differences that you missed in booking thru the resort vs privately is the full breakfast buffet is included on a daily basis and if you have a location issue or wish to upgrade the resort has the flexibility to do so, otherwise your locked in.

Just to clarify there are no Infinity Bay representatives back where immigrations and customs is located....only airport employees which have miscommunicated with arriving passengers and its been addressed with airport management. We are only permitted in the lobby due to security restrictions.

I truely believe that we have an extremely caring team that goes above and beyond in their duties - as seen in the majority of our reviews. The team takes great pride in hosting people from all over the world and developing a sincere Roatan connection.

The room you booked was the smallest (we only a few) and the least expensive that we offer to budget minded travelers. The descriptions and photos are online at all the booking engines including our website.

When we chatted on your way out I was explaining how much the services have improved over the past years with our continued training efforts and dedicated staff....this is just to clarify your notation below.

I have reviewed your comments with our very dedicated staff.

Again, thank you and happy new year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Bay
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort
Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#5 of 14 in West Bay

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!