Just returned from a week at Infinity Bay Spa & Beach Resort. I have never felt more relaxed! This was our 8th trip to Roatan (we love the diving) but our first to Infinity Bay...but certainly not our last! Our travel plans brought us to Roatan with close friends who we travel with often. We all agreed that Infinity Bay was by far the best resort we have stayed at in Roatan in all the times that we have been there.
First, the resort. It is beautiful and extremely upscale as compared to the standard resort on Roatan. The rooms, er...Condos! were beautiful with lots of room and plenty of upgrades. We stayed in condo 901 and it was the furthest away from the beach and bar, etc but still only a one minute walk (in real time, not island time!) It also provided quite time away from the action in the evenings. Our condo had a great king size bed, two 42' flat screen TV's, DVR, a full kitchen with bar and a living room with a huge patio. We didn't cook at all in the condo as we were on the all inclusive plan from www.vacationresort.com , but we certain could have made a Thanksgiving dinner there if we chose too. The condo was simply perfect.
Being on the all inclusive plan had a few limitations from the "Normal Menu" but the menu provided had plenty of nice choices from soup and salads to steak and fish. We had no problem with any of the food on the all inclusive menu. The bar was the same, with a few exclusions from the bar drink menu but all standards were there and very good. If you're a beer drinking as I am, be sure to bring an insulated mug with you to use in the pool area. The cups provided are ok, but our mugs worked much better.
The staff at all levels were amazing. But keep in mind that if you treat people with respect you will most likely receive respect back as well. Infinity Bay is no different. We had no problem interacting with the staff and they were most accommodating from Tom (the acting manager as Rick was out of the country) on down. Some certain stand outs were at the bar and dinning areas and they were Puma, George, Jammie and Steve although EVERYONE was great!!!
The beach is the best on the island, without a doubt. The sand is clean and groomed and lacking the normal "No-See-Ems" that invest all sandy areas of Roatan. I saw very few bites on any of the guests at Infinity Bay. The use of deep woods off would have prevented those as well. I didn't get one bite at all and I never sprayed anything on me for the whole week. The reef directly off the resort is awesome for snorkeling as well as shore diving. On our snorkels on this reef we saw turtles, rays, morays, and tons of fish. The seas are flat and calm, perfect for even the beginner snorkeler. Please....Just don't touch or stand on the coral!!!!
The dive shop, Infinity Bay Divers, is located directly in the resort. Adam was our dive master for the 5 dive package that we purchased from the their website a few days prior to visit. Everything was in order upon our initial visit and they were expecting us. The dive boat was fine and easily accommodated the 7 or 8 divers we were with during the week. Again, treat people with respect and good things happen for you...Adam was able to get us out on Blue Channel Reef dive site. I have 500+ dives in a lot of places and it was without a doubt one of my top 5 dives of all time (as long as the silver sides are in...and they were!). The hole dive shop was great and everyone was helpful.
Overall, this resort was an incredible place on an incredible location. The only negative thing to mention is bees. Somewhere, there is a beehive nearby and they tend to come to you if you are have a soda and they are not scared to crawl into your cup or can. At lunch and dinner out at the beach bar could be an adventure at best. The resort should certainly look into having that hive moved.
Minus the bees, a perfect resort that we will most certainly be returning to someday soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras