This is the first time I wrote a review on trip adviser. I felt compelled to as the negative ones regarding the resort appear to be "put of jobs" manufactured by competition. I.B. is like the Mercedes Benz of resorts on Roatan. Every resort compares themselves to them. They compare themselves to no one. I have bee going to the island for more than 10 years. Stayed at most properties. Past 6 years only at I.B. several times a year. I enjoyed my stay and extended my stay 3 times, from one to three weeks. This property is state of the art. Water is pure and safe. It appears all staff are hand picked and polite. After a couple days everyone knows your name and greets you my your name. If you rise at dawn you can watch the staff appear from underground bunkers and " scrub the property" the pool is crystal clear, vacumed every a.m., the beach is raked and groomed every a.m. The accommodations are luxury condos. Coffee at 6 a.m. At the beach bar. There you will find zingy or puma. Bartenders extraordiner. You see Rick the property manager having coffee smoking a Honduran fine cigar, working on his iPad. Rick is a highly visible guy. Not in an office but always outside on the grounds, directing the staff and engaging conversation with guest. 7 a.m. Is the breakfast buffet, where chefs prepare gourmet eggs to your specifications. Wait staff very attentive. Island food plus all u.s. cuisine. Similar to the Marriott buffet, but better. Not a shocker since I learned Rick manage premier Marriott and Hilton properties in the states. Next head to beach and pool. Best snorkel, best beach on island. I went scuba diving everyday. I ate at different restaurants on the beach, but one would be hard presses to find better food at I.B. sand fleas are prevelant on the island. U won't know you got bit until the next a.m. Deet spray is as important as sunscreen. If apply both in a.m. U will be fine. Extended my stay twice, told Rick had problem on line changing flights. No problem he said. His night manager Amilcare comes in at 5 previously worked for United. It. Would have been a nightmare for me. Amilcare worked on it. Two days later he appears at my room with a ticket. I know that is not his job description, so I attempted to give him a tip, which he refused several times, until I insisted.
How about that for service! Would I go back to I.b. Damn straight I will!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras