“Kept on extending my stay”

Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Kept on extending my stay”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is the first time I wrote a review on trip adviser. I felt compelled to as the negative ones regarding the resort appear to be "put of jobs" manufactured by competition. I.B. is like the Mercedes Benz of resorts on Roatan. Every resort compares themselves to them. They compare themselves to no one. I have bee going to the island for more than 10 years. Stayed at most properties. Past 6 years only at I.B. several times a year. I enjoyed my stay and extended my stay 3 times, from one to three weeks. This property is state of the art. Water is pure and safe. It appears all staff are hand picked and polite. After a couple days everyone knows your name and greets you my your name. If you rise at dawn you can watch the staff appear from underground bunkers and " scrub the property" the pool is crystal clear, vacumed every a.m., the beach is raked and groomed every a.m. The accommodations are luxury condos. Coffee at 6 a.m. At the beach bar. There you will find zingy or puma. Bartenders extraordiner. You see Rick the property manager having coffee smoking a Honduran fine cigar, working on his iPad. Rick is a highly visible guy. Not in an office but always outside on the grounds, directing the staff and engaging conversation with guest. 7 a.m. Is the breakfast buffet, where chefs prepare gourmet eggs to your specifications. Wait staff very attentive. Island food plus all u.s. cuisine. Similar to the Marriott buffet, but better. Not a shocker since I learned Rick manage premier Marriott and Hilton properties in the states. Next head to beach and pool. Best snorkel, best beach on island. I went scuba diving everyday. I ate at different restaurants on the beach, but one would be hard presses to find better food at I.B. sand fleas are prevelant on the island. U won't know you got bit until the next a.m. Deet spray is as important as sunscreen. If apply both in a.m. U will be fine. Extended my stay twice, told Rick had problem on line changing flights. No problem he said. His night manager Amilcare comes in at 5 previously worked for United. It. Would have been a nightmare for me. Amilcare worked on it. Two days later he appears at my room with a ticket. I know that is not his job description, so I attempted to give him a tip, which he refused several times, until I insisted.
How about that for service! Would I go back to I.b. Damn straight I will!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Turk77
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Mr Turk77

Thank you very much for your time to write such a gracious review of Infinity Bay. It was a pleasure extending your stay week after week during your adventure in Roatan. Actually that is much more common than you would think as the biggest problem we have is, our guests don't want to leave. The entire team really enjoyed your company for the three weeks you were here. The bartenders were asking me the other day when Mr Turk will be back. We all look forward to your return and wish you the best!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (635)
Truckee, California
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I spend 9 nights at infinity bay, and was very happy. The room was great, pool was excellent, and bar/ restaurant had good food. The owner was very helpful, and even arranged a tennis game for me. Infinity is in a great location on West Bay beach, and you can easily take taxis to West End. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hi Mark,
It was a true pleasure to have had you as a guest at Infinity. You are a very interesting person and everyone enjoyed getting to know you. Im glad we were able to get set up to play some wold class tennis in Roatan!
See you soon.

Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Beautiful resort! Staff very friendly! Snorkeling excellent!! Security officer Danny made us feel very safe for leaving cameras in our lounge chairs while snorkeling and enjoying the crystal clear waters! Parasailing is a must, beautiful views. Only negative( not against the resort) Mother Nature... wear bug spray at the beach. Sand flies are at the beaches. You can't see them but know it later haha. Thankfully I had read other reviews and brought spray so I had no problems

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Justina T
Dear Justina,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a kind review. It was a pleasure to have hosted you and your family on your vacation adventure. I will buy Danny lunch for taking good care of you.

Hope to see you back in paradise!

Natchitoches, Louisiana
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was the best vacation we've ever taken. Our room at Infinity was great. The staff was just as great. The beach and snorkeling in front of the resort was awesome. Due to the time of year we visited there were no crowds so we really felt like we had a lot of one on one attention. We normally visit St. Thomas for our yearly vacation but thought we'd try something different this year and we were so pleasantly surprised. Everyone on the Island was so friendly and accommodating. If we needed anything, all we had to do was ask. We will definitely return next year!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Michele,

The staff was so excited to see your review and know that their hard work and dedication has paid off in delivering an outstanding vacation! Our goal is deliver a boutique-like experience while staying on one of the best beaches in the world....this is secret, so please don't tell anyone!

We are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a fabulous time, the resort and rooms were beautiful, the staff was very friendly and courteous and the food was delicious. We highly recommend this resort, we loved it! The beach was crystal clear, and the snorkeling was amazing

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Roccoriz74
Dear Roccoriz,

Thank you very much for sharing you experiences at Infinity. Spectacular is one of our staffs favorite words......this is what we strive for! Our little paradise is waiting for you anytime you need to get away and unwind!

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I would rate this place between 3 and 4. The positives: great location, beautiful beach with good snorkeling in Mandy's Eel Garden reef just off the beach, excellent dive center on site, large pool, very adequate but not overwhelming breakfast buffet. Infinity Bay Divers is really a first-rate dive center. Even if you are not a diver, ask them about going on some boat snorkeling trips to nearby reefs. Their prices are reasonable and the snorkeling experience is way better than the Eel Garden. We also booked the canopy zip line tour at the activities desk, and they picked us up in the hotel lobby. If you are adventurous and like zip lines, you will love this one. Be sure to go on a non-cruise ship day.

The negatives: we booked a studio suite directly with the hotel and emphatically requested second floor or higher. It turns out all the studio suites are on ground floor, but they didn't tell us. After we complained, they did upgrade us to a one-bedroom suite on the second floor and added complimentary breakfast, which was nice. The kitchen was okay, but not very well equipped, for example no dishwasher detergent provided. If you want to do some cooking, there is a little grocery store in West Bay, but you will have a hard time finding any fresh fruit and vegetables for sale. The bed was not very comfortable, and they often had noisy parties and loud music at the bar. If you want quiet, you should book a room far away from the beach and bar. Ground level rooms have no privacy at all, anyone can walk on your balcony. Despite the name, there are no spa services at Infinity Bay and no fitness center or exercise facilities. You can run on the beach at 5-6 am, before it gets too hot. There is a little spa about a 5-minute walk from the hotel.

If you want an intimate, quiet, rustic island experience, you should consider booking somewhere else. If you want a big room with more amenities, then Infinity bay is okay.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views and more privacy. Avoid ground floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jdbalaska,

We deeply appreciate you taking the time to write a review and travel all the way from Alaska to visit us!

Im glad we were able to correct the issue with the studio you booked which are limited quantity and only on the first floor. Sounds like the staff took great care of you with an upgrade at no charge with breakfast included. We do have an in-house concierge service that can do shopping for you even before you arrive and if you have any special requests we are happy to take care of them. We do have entertainment on the beach on Friday nights and Sunday Afternoon which is Infinity Sunday.

If you reconsider coming back to Infinity I will personally ensure your location is quite and intimate as this is what our looking for.

Thank you again for your feedback.

WAY UP NORTH
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We just returned from our stay at Infinity Bay (May 26-June 2, 2013). We had a great time. Infinity Bay had a shuttle waiting to meet our flight, and after collcting our bags we were off. It's about a 20-30 minute ride from the airport to IB. Check in was pretty smooth. We received the free breakfast buffet, even though it wasn't an option when I booked the trip (booked through IB), which was nice of them, but probably not "owed" to us. At check in we were given cards for a rum punch welcome drink, and told our room would be ready in about 20 minutes, and it was about that length of time when the porter came to find us and tell us our room was ready, and our bags were in the room.

When we arrived in the room, we noticed the water dispenser on the fridge was leaking, and the toilet was not working correctly, I called the front desk, and it was taken care of within 30 minutes-great service. Rooms were very nice, perfect for two people (we stayed in a premier studio). We were in building 8, on the second floor. I wouldn't want to stay any farther back on the property than building 8, or possibly 9. We still had a nice garden view from where we were, but any farther back and you would pretty much have a view of the lobby/restaurant building. Air conditioning at IB works great...it was like a meat locker in our room. Also, they don't have the system that shuts off your air con when you leave the room, like places in Mexico and Jamaica (Barcelo and Riu). Some of the furniture in the room (dressers mainly) are showing some pretty good signs of wear, but everything was clean, so not a big deal to us. Our patio door screen had a tear in it also, but it was 90+ F outside during the day, and about 80 at night, so who's going to sit with the patio door open? Maid service was fine, all the sand I tracked in (not purposely, hard to avoid) was always mopped up, always had fresh towels, and after she saw I was a coffee drinker, she left enough coffee to get me through our stay. Overall very nice rooms.

The grounds/pool/beach area are kept up very well. It is/was very dry on Roatan, and a lot of the plants looked somewhat stressed due to lack of water/heat, nothing terrible, just something I noticed. There are flowering plants all over the place, and humming birds galore. The pool appeared to be spotless, and the swim up bar/beach bar was great. Bartenders and wait staff were very friendly and helpful. One issue we had was twice when ordering food from the beach bar, we got the wrong food....pizza with wrong toppings and wrong shrimp another. I explained it to the wait staff both times, and they knocked $5 off my bill both times, which worked for me. I also went fishing on two different occasions, and both times was lucky enough to come back with fish. The bar staff had it grilled/fried by the restaurant, and they were two of the best meals we had on the island. If you go fishing and catch fish, do not hestitate to get the restaurant to cook it for you!

The beach is very well kept, despite some peoples attempts to use it as their own personal ash tray/garbage can. Why are people such pigs? Take a cup with you to put your cigarette butts in. Clean up after yourself. Take your garbage to one of about 12 garbage cans 3 steps off the beach. OK, rant over. Anyway, the beach was raked every morning to pick up any garbage, seaweed, sea grass or whatever washed up over night. The sand is like powdered sugar. The snorkeling off the beach is out of this world. Saw everything imaginable (except a shark, which was dissappointing to me, probably no one else though). Sea turtles, barracuda, permit, parrot fish, cuttle fish, and a bunch of other things I don't know the names of. If you are a snorkeler, please stay off the reef.....look but don't touch. It is fragile, and it is easily screwed up. The reef is alive, be aware of that please.

I met the manager Rick a couple of different times at the beach bar. Seemed like a very personable guy, and always wanted to know how everything was going, and if everything was alright. I told him I'd read about him on Trip Advisor, he winced a bit, but I told him it was all good! All in all, I would not hesitate to go back to Infinity Bay or reccomend it to friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort
Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#5 of 14 in West Bay

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!