We stayed at Infinity Bay from February 11/13 until February 18/13. Our flight was slightly delayed due to weather but all things considered, flight was uneventful, which I guess is the way you want it.
Arrival: Airport was slow to process you (hurry up to line up)
Infinity Bay is about 20 minutes from the airport
Met with drinks and finger food prior to check in, which was nice
Check In: It was pretty quick, however, we were one of the first buses to arrive.
The line grew, proportional, to the number of buses arriving
They may want to look into putting more people at the front desk during check in
That said, the girls who were on the desk were very efficient and were getting people through as quickly as time allowed.
Met Tom, the acting Manager, Rick was on holiday. His last words as he was walking away were "You're going to love it."
Room: They gave us a two bedroom suite, two bathrooms, kitchen,and a common area with a balcony.
Our luggage was delivered to our room promptly
First time I shared a room with my brother and sister-in-laws
Everything worked out great.
Room was well appointed with stainless steel appliances, mahogany trim and an ice dispenser in the fridge door.
Be advised that if you take any bottled water out of the fridge you will be charged for it. The water is safe to drink out of the tap regardless of any other stories you may hear from other guests.
Bar: Always had good service
You are on Island time, be patient.
The bartenders have a group of paying customers, all-inclusive customers and on certain days Cruise ship customers(They do a fantastic job)
Remember they have to fill the waiters orders as well as yours, sorry but you can't always be first.
Beach: If I were to find fault with the beach it would be that it is too narrow(not Infinity's fault)
Wake up early if you want your choice of beach chairs.
Grocery store and shops down the beach to the right.
Snorkeling was beyond fantastic, taking more underwater pictures than resort pictures
Swim out to the 150' drop off, you can make it and you won't be disappointed.
I didn't go myself but, other guests who did go, told me that there was more marine life and the coral was more colourful on the other side of the island.
Took bug spray but didn't use it.
Food: You get tickets for two a-la-carte dinners per week.
All of the food was good, we didn't have a bad meal anywhere, not even at the buffet.
The shrimp dinners are fantastic.
How can I sum this up? We had Beef Wellington at the buffet, enough said.
People: Let me say "Thank you" to all of the staff at Infinity Bay for making my vacation so memorable and uneventful. I did not met one individual who was not polite or who didn't have a solution to any concern we had. I commend you all.
People to note: Jerry Lee, Silvia, Darlen, and Alvin are all staff at the buffet. They always had a smile, were always happy and made sure that we had everything we needed.
Wallan Lopez our omelet maker always made the perfect eggs
All of the bar tenders and especially Adel and Puma for the great service.
The girls at the front desk for dealing with rude and inconsiderate guests and still maintaining a smile and their composure.
Tip them all, they deserve it.
Mentions: Look up Captain Brooks if you want to go fishing. He has a smaller boat but came in with fish 4 out of 5 times, he went out. Ask for him by name at the dock to the right of the resort.
Pinky, a young guy wearing a yellow vest and a red and white Canada hat, he can get you anything you need from fishing to para sailing, at a good price.
Would I go Back again? Yes I would and as Tom said "You're going to love it."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras