We only had from Tuesday morning till Saturday morning to enjoy this beautiful resort. I will definitely be back and hopefully, for a two week stay!
We arrived on the 10:25 AM flight. There was a driver there to greet us and transport us to Infinity Bay.The property is located about 20 minutes from the airport at the West end of the island. The lobby is large and welcoming. The staff was warm and helpful and check in took only a minute or so. We quickly unpacked and changed and were swimming out to the reef before Noon. I can't say enough about this gorgeous reef which is located about 50 yards from the shoreline. It is so nice to be able to put the snorkeling gear on and just head on out to the reef. No lines or waiting for anything. You just go at your own speed. Our first visit to the reef lasted 2 1/2 hours. It was fascinating. We saw two barracuda, squid, all kinds of other fish. The video I took looks like I was swimming in someone's aquarium!
We worked up a good appetite so, we decided to walk the ten yards from the beach to the Palapa Bar and get some lunch & a drink. The food here was excellent. This is a great place to start your day with breakfast too. We paid in the $25 - $30 range for breakfast and lunch. There is an "All Inclusive" deal available but we opted for paying for our meals so we could explore other places. There is a little restaurant named Celeste about 100 yards down the road from the hotel on the opposite side. Excellent food and very nice owners. We also ate at the Thirsty Turtle one night. I had a Pepperoni Pizza and my wife had lobster. Both were very good. Wednesday night we went to West End and ate at The Lighthouse. We both had a lobster Dinner and a special Margarita. I made the mistake of adding a 20% tip to the bill without reviewing it. The owner came over to me to give me my change back but I told him that the service and food was excellent and the change was his. It wasn't till later on that evening that I realized that the tip had already been included in the bill. These guys thought I was real generous. I found this to be the practice in all the restaurants so, review your check carefully.During our stay we went on the Dolphin excursion and loved it. We also rented a car and driver and explored the whole island. We went to the East end and checked out several of the other resorts and confirmed that we had made the right choice with Infinity Bay.
When you get a cab, haggle about the rate. They will immediately come down to reality. I inquired about the rate to West End out in front of Infinity Bay and the driver told me $15. I told him nevermind and walked away. He immediately called out that he would take us for $10.
Our one bedroom condo was fine for two people. There was a little wear & tear showing but, I guess that can be attributed to the condo owners willingness to maintain the unit. The shower did not drain properly and filled up to almost overflow. This gave us an incentive to take quick showers. The sliding door to the front terrace was cracked when we arrived. We reported it to the front desk and they said someone would take are of it right away. It was still cracked when we left. When we arrived we were told that the microwave did not work and a replacement was due any minute. That was never replaced either. We had a TV in the bedroom and were very comfortable but, I would have liked a TV in the living room as well.
Overall, we loved our stay at Infinity Bay and are already planning a return trip. I highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras