My wife and I had the most incredible destination wedding at Infinity Bay Resort in late January. The events coordinator, Grace, took care of every last detail and ensured we had a fantastic beach wedding. She was actively engaged with us for months helping to coordinate and plan every last detail and ensured that it all was perfect on our special day.
All of the staff at Infinity Bay were friendly and made us feel like family. Oscar and Josue did a fantastic job with the food and catering services for our ceremony, we couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. Our wedding guests were blown away by the spectacular performances of the band (Kristopher) and the fire show (Paul) and the Garifunas.
If you want to have an amazing beach wedding experience with excellent value, this is the place to do it. The West Bay Beach is fantastic, I have traveled all around Asia and Europe and Central America and this is by far the most impressive white sand beach with LIVING coral only 100 feet away from shore! In fact, I was snorkeling with my wife only hours before the ceremony while Grace took care of all the details in the morning.
The pool is top notch, and the swim-up Palapa Bar can make you any drink or food dish you like. Oscar runs a great bar, and the kitchen is happy to prepare any dish for you and will even grill up some fresh-caught whole snapper (island style of course!). The Resort is not all-inclusive unless you are booked through a specific Canadian tour company (Sun Wings).
This is just fine, since there are many great restaurants all along the beach or in nearby West End, which is just a short boat ride away. IB is the best property on West Bay beach right now, and the rooms are American standard condos with granite tops and appliances. It's like being at home! We preferred to enjoy our time on the balcony overlooking the beach. We made a trip to the grocery store in Coxen Hole, and stocked up on the necessities (wine, beer, snacks). I suggest you stop by the grocery store and stock up before you arrive to the Resort, as it can be pretty pricey to buy grocery items once you are at West Bay.
I would suggest you pay the extra money to get a room facing pool or beach and with a balcony with a view. The closer to the beach, the cooler it will be, so keep that in mind if you are booking during hotter season.
There are a few minor areas that IB could improve. I think that the front desk folks do get overloaded at times when there are many guests checking-in or out. Most of the time they are helpful, but sometimes get confused on the billing or room reservations, and we had to work with them to make adjustments to our room and bill a couple of times. It was resolved without issue in a friendly way, so not too much of an issue in the end. I would suggest you make sure to have all of your booking confirmed via email and call ahead to confirm before arrival.
We WILL return to IB and are planning next Christmas already!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras