We were at Infinity Bay from January 28- February 4, 2013. We had a bad start with Sunwing with mechanical issues. We had to sit on the tarmac in the plane for 3 hours prior to taking off. After that....everything was awesome.
Once we arrived at the resort, check in was fast and friendly. We weren't sure where the room was but they quickly escorted us to our room. The room key didn't initially work and they immediately had someone let us in and they started working on the lock. We got a new card and it worked. We sat on the balcony for a minute and in the meantime, they came and totally replaced the lock. They were so fast and showed concern to make sure we were safe and happy. Overall the staff here are all really friendly and efficient. I will break this review into categories.
We had a main floor one bedroom suite. Wow. Great room. The living room and patio furniture were a little bit worn but that is the only negative and that is nitpicking. I think the sun just faded it a bit. The terrace was a good size with a view of the pool, close to everything. Room 1401. Living room had a flat screen tv and couch. The kitchen is lovely with Honduran wood and stainless steel appliances. It was a full kitchen and the fridge has a water and ice dispenser. It is safe to drink the water. There is also a breakfast bar with stools. The bathroom had a shower/tub with jets. The bedroom was roomy with a large closet, big dresser and a king size bed. It had nice windows for natural light. All the furniture was comfortable. The room also had a free laptop size safe and free wifi that worked great. We had 3 sets of friends that stopped by from other resorts. All were very impressed and want to stay at IB next time.
Pool and grounds:
We loved the grounds. Quite natural looking with many plants. Despite all the warnings, we never noticed any issues with bugs. The infinity pool is large and beautiful. There are two waterfalls, one under a bridge over the pool. There is also a swim up bar which is attached to the Palapa Bar/Restaurant. The whole resort is kept clean.
Although simple looking, the lobby is clean and the front desk staff friendly. The buffet restaurant is located upstairs. There is an elevator available if required. The buffet has the option of sitting indoors or outside on the large balcony. The staff here are amazing!!! They were always friendly and fairly fast. They started to remember my unique requests without asking. (brought my own tea so I would want hot water with milk) The food was really good. We were quite impressed. There was not a ton of selection, but what they had was high quality. We liked every meal. Even though we were allowed 2 meals at the Palapa, we only tried it once. There would be a salad area (or bread/toast) depending on which meal. Lunch and dinner had 3 sides. There was a carving station in the middle. (or omelette station for breakfast) You then had 3 other main course options. One dessert and fruit. It doesn't sound like a lot, but I never wanted more. The food was really, really good. Sea bass, pork tenderloin, etc. Different themes each night like BBQ, Mexican, Asian etc. The only change I would suggest is moving the carving/omelette station to the side. Sometimes it was awkward because people were waiting for an omelette and you had to kind of cut in to get to some of the other options. It felt awkward asking if they were waiting for omelettes or if we were cutting in. This was more awkward if the other guest spoke a different language. Never a big deal though. The palapa restaurant was pretty good but we only had one meal there. It was a good place to hang out if the weather got sketchy and the bar is located there as well.
The very best part is the beach. There were sufficient chairs. There were not that many palapas but the palm trees provided shade. The beach area was not large, but it never felt crowded. Tons of beach vendors but security did a great job of having them move on. Although you shouldn't leave expensive items, we did leave stuff while we were in the water or on walks or eating and nothing was taken at all. We did keep our cameras with us though. The water was amazing!! So very clear. We snorkeled for hours every day. Turns out the best area was straight out from the hotel. There are channels you need to find and then it was like swimming in an aquarium. The water can drop quite deeply in places. This was pretty cool and we had divers underneath us! The coral was so beautiful. Lots of parrotfish, blue tangs, sergeant majors, a couple of barracudas, lobsters and ray.
We have been travelling at least once a year for about 10 years. This was our first trip to Roatan and Infinity Bay. Having seen a bit of a few of the resorts and speaking to others, we would only consider Infinity Bay. Food, room, beach and staff were all top notch. We will return. We highly recommend Infinity Bay.
Rose and Todd
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras