“All The Comforts of "Home" in West Bay”

Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My first contact with this property was during my first trip to Roatan (November 2012), for breakfast - I fell in love with the location as we ate fresh fruit and omelettes at their restaurant under the palapa. Out of all the places I've dined in on the island, this was the most consistent with what I "usually" eat for breakfast - my most important meal of the day. I vowed to stay at the resort when I would come next.
When it was time to plan the next "quick" visit to the island, this resort was my first choice. I usually prefer "boutiqe" or "intimate" type properties when visiting a new locale - (glad I deviated from that)- Infinity Bay delivered and served its purpose. Even though I've never stayed on the property before, it felt like I was coming home to see old friends.
Denise Bueso in Reservations was so amazing from my first phone call to the property - she is very thorough and responsive.
I arrived a lot later than expected due to inclement weather on the island, our flight was barely allowed to land - 6 hours late and I was worried that they would give up my room to someone else but they didn't. It is impressive that they don't charge your card until you check-in. The check-in process was seamless.
I had a basic "studio" room that was very spacious, with a balcony. The room came with a queen bed, washer & dryer, kitchen, full-size refrigerator and utensils - the bathroom was big with nice marble counters. A studio can easily accommodate a couple with one small child...it has everything that you need especially when staying for a week or so. It reminds me more of a lodging that one would find in a ski resort. I only wish that the walls were thicker or had better insulation against noise- you could hear everything when people are coming and going- (and I was on the second level). There's also no internet connection in the rooms- the operator told me when I called that I would have it if I sat outside on the balcony but it never worked for me. :(. Then again you're supposed to be outside anyway when visiting an exotic place like Roatan.
Their breakfast buffet in the main building overlooking the courtyard and the sea is worth the money- it comes with an assortment of pastries, hard-boiled eggs, fresh juices, fruits and an omelette station. I can see how it can be redundant though if you're staying for an entire week and taking advantage of their all-inclusive plan. The breakfast selection didn't change from one day to the next but I know their international buffet dinners do (I didn't get to try it this time) as I ate off site. I also prefer dining under the palapa on the beach next to the bar, something about having your toes on the sand while eating/drinking just enhances the beach visit experience :)
The public areas of this property is well-kept. The pool is without question its best amenity, complete with a swim up bar that is on the beach. The bar has great drinks, good, basic food and very attentive servers.
I love that the property offers all kinds of activities on-site from kayaking to standup paddleboarding to scuba diving and boat charters! Once you're here, you don't need anything else. It's a great property to stay when traveling with children as it is also very safe.
I will stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper level so there won't be as many mosquitoes when you're sitting o...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank LJ M

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The infinity bay hotel is nice a big, very secure, I took my mom to Bay Island as a Mother's Day present last year , we spent 4days, the rooms were spacious and clean they need to do a better job with exchanging dirty towels everyday also the waiting at the reception was to long you would think that they will have everything ready since I make the reservation 3months in advance and paid the full amount.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Aroma25
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Aroma25,
We really appreciate you taking the time complete a review and exchange emails with me. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. The fact that you thought the hotel was beautiful and had a wonderful time is gratifying to the entire team…your experience is our number one concern! Please accept our apology if you waiting to get checked in and we have discussed your comments about the towel issue with our management team. We look forward to seeing back at Infinity Bay!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Enjoyed our stay overall. Average rating is as a result of some things excellent and some things not so good. Perhaps to keep their costs down, or keep their profits ups the hotel tends to skimp on the service.

There were around 18 folks that arrived the same time at the airport. Since the transport was included you would thing they would be aware of the transportation needs. Rather than having 2 vans available at the arrival time, they had one. Rather than ordering another, we had to wait 40 minutes on top of what we already waited initially to have the van drop off the first crowd and come back for us.

Same deal for the way back....They have you document the time/flight you'll be leaving on when you check in. The day you leave they call to ask what time your flight is....Pack people into a standing room only bus and then have you sit and wait there until 2 other luggage vans show up to accommodate everyone's luggage.

The Great:
Great food, excellent wait service at the restaurant...cheerful responsive. BEST WAITER EVER: Oscar Ramos
Great beach and pool with a few showers to help clean sand off your feet (or your diving equipment off) before returning to your room.
Receptionists very helpful
Checkout...no surprises
Relatively Noseeum free...may be due to the spraying.
Beautiful sunsets....

Getting the all inclusive food package worked out great considering the quality of the food every day. Good custom omelettes, beans, bacon, ham, sausage, Belgium waffles, etc. Great plantains, fresh fruit every meal. Great salad bar and other vegetarian options. Great view from the porch (reserve seats for dinner if you prefer the porch), we ate all meals there.

Housekeeping...delayed, inconsistent cleanings, required repeat requests before being honored.
Still cleaning the pool after 8am in the morning
Bar - smelled of stale alcohol continuously....Young babes were served first regardless of when they arrived. Good for you if you are one!
Drinks ranged from either wondering if there was any alcohol in them or being very strong.

Nice walk down the beach to other great restaurant options as well. Bite on the Beach was great...Selestes had a great lobster dinner (put reservation for it the day before) that included soup, salad, shrimp cocktail, 2 lobster tails each, bottle of wine, Amaretto shots, and ice cream banana desert.

Our kids LOVED the place..especially the pool, the food, and the ability to barter for their souveniers on the beach.
For activities: the South zip line was great and the Mayan Eden was the best for animal interaction experiences...monkeys, butterflies, boas, etc.
Warm friendly folks...Great vacation in all.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SuzanneN

Dear SuzanneN,

On behalf of the entire team at Infinity Bay – thank you very much for sharing a detailed review of your visit to Roatan and the personal email exchange.. We are all very proud that you had a wonderful stay as that is our goal 24 hours a day.
Our food is very fresh and prepared from scratch everyday and the food and beverage team is thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience. I can assure you that there is no strategy to cut back on service…in most cases our preference is to over staff in attempt to take care of everyone’s needs to the best of our ability.
Your transportation issues were discussed with our front office team and just to let you know as of March 1st we have contracted a new transport company - that we feel will be better in handing the supply and demands.
We are very happy to hear that your group really enjoyed the food, service, beach, pool and the lovely scenery. We do have three locations at the pool / beach area with outdoor showers

Thanks again and I can assure we have reviewed all your comments and we hope see you back soon!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We spent 2 weeks in February at this resort new to "all inclusive". While we have no complaints there are a number of things they could add that would make it a truly all inclusive experience that we are used to.They need a bar that is not on the beach and they need additional a la cartes. Food was good but lunches were more like dinner and a little heavy for mid day. That said the weather, staff and grounds and beach were excellent and made the vacation a winner.Special thanks to Angela, Puma, Silvia and Eldon for excellent service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 49amigo

Dear 49Amigo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review and the staff is excited that you had NO complaints and really enjoyed your stay! I will share your suggestions with the team and we hope to see you back next season!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

First, we had to wait for two hours (after a 12 hour flight) for our room to be ready. No 'go wait in the bar it is on us"....just rude service. I happened to be having a family health crisis and I asked them ahead of time of their track record for wireless connection...we were told excellent. We didn't have Internet for two of our seven days. We stayed in a two bedroom, two bathroom 'villa'..filthy walls, cockroaches everywhere (on the third floor) however, every possible American channel on the TV. You were hard-pressed to find a Spanish channel, let alone an International channel on TV. If you love McDonald's, fries, burgers, Mac and Cheese and all things American or Canadian, this place is for you. Crowded, North-Americanized to no end..you could be at any beach town in the US. The beach is so over-crowded with resorts, that coveted beach-chairs are a mere 3 inches (at most) from the other..privacy..forget it. Honduran culture or food...none to see, just American-style food and music...Jimmmy Buffet-music in Honduras??? I lived in Costa Rica. It is an insult to the rich culture of Honduras.

Then, the snorkeling..good in the morning, but cloudy the rest of the day and unfortunately, many dive sites destroyed by earlier hurricanes. And all that moss on the coral tells you of how polluted the bay is and how bad the reef has decomposed. If you wish to go on a bucolic diving/snorkeling holiday go to Bonaire, to Ningaloo, even the Turks and Caicos..if you cannot speak anything but English and loathe "foreign" food, this is the place for you. If not, go anywhere else. I would give it a lower rating but for the Honduran people.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sylvia R

Dear SylviaR,

We are sorry that you did not have a good time while visiting Infinity Bay and Roatan. We do appreciate that your flight and travel plans are long and we did provide refreshments and snacks in the lobby when the buses arrived. Unfortunately the way your tour operator plans the arrivals over 100 people can arrive in the matter of minutes and logistically that can be a challenge.
In Central America and in the Caribbean in general, the power, internet, phones and anything technical can be inconsistent and unreliable but we do our best to keep it all moving along.
At Infinity Bay we have NO infestation problem – we are very proactive in maintaining the cleanliness and we have a professional company that comes in weekly to treat the entire property.

Your comment about McDonalds is completely off color…..our burgers are 100% USDA Black Angus and we do not and never have served mac n cheese. We take a great deal of pride in the quality and preparation of our food. Our Executive Chef who is from Central America is award winning and trained in France.

The buffets you enjoyed while here included themes such as Honduran tipico, Asian, Mexican, Italian, seafood, French and barbecue.

We typically have Caribbean music playing at the bar but we do change it when guests ask for it and there is an incredible amount of culture at the property….just ask any of our 140 Honduran employees who we support in many ways. There are various island tours that include many unique local experiences.

I can assure you the reef is not polluted and its one of the most exciting dive and snorkel experiences in the world. We have many repeat customers that are master divers.

We hope you come back and give our resort and beautiful island another try.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our vacation spot this year was at the Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort in Roatan. Nine people enjoyed the beautiful beach and if you love snorkelling - it's the ideal spot for that. The reef is about 50 feet out and the fish are plentiful. The resort is mainly condos which are beautiful - very spacious and new.The resort has just built a reception building that also contains the buffet every nite. There is also a beach bar area that you can order food twice a week free of charge. My only complaint is that the entertainment is very low keyed and closes at 10 o'clock every nite. I understand this resort is geared towards divers but you would think on the weekend - they would allow the music to continue to midnite.If we wanted to dance past 10 - we had to venture down the beach to the Bananarama. The small village at West End Beach contains restaurants and gift shops but nothing to write home about.
You will find a lot of bargains on the beach and I made some great purchases just bartering with the locals. One thing I would like to mention - if you purchase anything made out of wood - you must declare it on your customs declaration - I misunderstood the question - but when the custom officer quized me on my purchases - I mentioned - I had purchased a wood salad bowl and he pointed it out to me that I should have disclosed that on my custom form. It carries a $700 fine. So, just watch that if you purchase any wood souvenirs in Honduras. As for things to do - we spent a wonderful day with Ray of Bay Islands Adventures - he took all of us out on his speed boat to some fine snorkelling spots. Parasailing was great - right off the beach and swimming with the dolphins at Anthony's Key was awesome. The staff was wonderful and our condos were cleaned and sprayed for bugs. I had an episode with some very tiny spiders in my closet and reported it to the front desk who took care of the problem immediately. The week before we left for Roatan - they had 7 days of rain, which we were told, was abnormal for this time of year .The entrance road, into the resort, was full of water filled pot holes . It would be nice - if the resort could fix the roads leading into the resort area. My husband has a bad back and found it very painful to venture away from the hotel. All in all - we had a wonderful vacation and would recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: If bug spray bothers you - don't get a ground floor condo - the smell seems to be greater in tho...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Miangelbabi

Dear Miangelbabi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to present your experiences on TripAdvisor. We are honored that you chose Infinity Bay for your vacation. When you plan to return please let me know and I have some great late night dancing options for you on the island. Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We came to Infinity Bay on our first trip to Roatan and it will not be our last. We felt quite secure at all times. The grounds were well kept and the hibiscus were outstanding. We were on the second floor in the older section and the 1 bedroom was great . A wedding took place our first evening there that was beautiful and educational at the same time. The pool was a delight and the beach and snorkeling were fantastic. The staff at Infinity Bay were polite and this place has a great ambassador in Puma, the outgoing and friendly bar manager. He is an employee to be valued! He made our stay .....

Room Tip: 604 is a great room for people watching! Great lay out with a washer dryer to boot!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pansy1616

Dear pansy1616,

The entire Team at Infinity is so happy that you had a great time and felt safe and secure. Puma (fast cat) was so excited to hear you mentioned his name in the review…we will celebrate his success with hm. Look forward to seeing back sooner than later!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Bay
Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#4 of 14 in West Bay
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!