My first contact with this property was during my first trip to Roatan (November 2012), for breakfast - I fell in love with the location as we ate fresh fruit and omelettes at their restaurant under the palapa. Out of all the places I've dined in on the island, this was the most consistent with what I "usually" eat for breakfast - my most important meal of the day. I vowed to stay at the resort when I would come next.
When it was time to plan the next "quick" visit to the island, this resort was my first choice. I usually prefer "boutiqe" or "intimate" type properties when visiting a new locale - (glad I deviated from that)- Infinity Bay delivered and served its purpose. Even though I've never stayed on the property before, it felt like I was coming home to see old friends.
Denise Bueso in Reservations was so amazing from my first phone call to the property - she is very thorough and responsive.
I arrived a lot later than expected due to inclement weather on the island, our flight was barely allowed to land - 6 hours late and I was worried that they would give up my room to someone else but they didn't. It is impressive that they don't charge your card until you check-in. The check-in process was seamless.
I had a basic "studio" room that was very spacious, with a balcony. The room came with a queen bed, washer & dryer, kitchen, full-size refrigerator and utensils - the bathroom was big with nice marble counters. A studio can easily accommodate a couple with one small child...it has everything that you need especially when staying for a week or so. It reminds me more of a lodging that one would find in a ski resort. I only wish that the walls were thicker or had better insulation against noise- you could hear everything when people are coming and going- (and I was on the second level). There's also no internet connection in the rooms- the operator told me when I called that I would have it if I sat outside on the balcony but it never worked for me. :(. Then again you're supposed to be outside anyway when visiting an exotic place like Roatan.
Their breakfast buffet in the main building overlooking the courtyard and the sea is worth the money- it comes with an assortment of pastries, hard-boiled eggs, fresh juices, fruits and an omelette station. I can see how it can be redundant though if you're staying for an entire week and taking advantage of their all-inclusive plan. The breakfast selection didn't change from one day to the next but I know their international buffet dinners do (I didn't get to try it this time) as I ate off site. I also prefer dining under the palapa on the beach next to the bar, something about having your toes on the sand while eating/drinking just enhances the beach visit experience :)
The public areas of this property is well-kept. The pool is without question its best amenity, complete with a swim up bar that is on the beach. The bar has great drinks, good, basic food and very attentive servers.
I love that the property offers all kinds of activities on-site from kayaking to standup paddleboarding to scuba diving and boat charters! Once you're here, you don't need anything else. It's a great property to stay when traveling with children as it is also very safe.
I will stay here again in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras