I travelled to Roatan from Dec 10 - 17, 2012 specifically for diving. This was my second time in Roatan but the first time in West Bay and first time at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort. From the moment I walked into the Resort, I was treated to first class service. Our Sunwing group was greeted by the General Manager and we were served drinks and food. I was impressed from that very moment. My initial condo was on the ground floor which the Resort gladly switched to the second floor. The condo was exactly as the pictures show. Sometimes you never know but in this case it was exactly as pictured. The condo service was excellent; my room was always made up early and everyone was helpful and so nice. I can't say enough about the whole Resort organization. The food in the international buffet was just excellent. I really only tried the Palapa Restaurant Bar once because the buffet was so good. I talked to the Chef and Sous-Chefs daily so found out a lot about their training and the organization. I have been to Jamaica where the buffets are just so overwhelming and there seems to be so much waste. The buffet at Infinity is smaller in quantity but not quality. There were always fresh salads, vegetables, main dinner choices, and excellent breakfasts and lunches. Truly the food rivals any 5 star hotel dining. And I was really, really impressed with what they do with the left over food after the guests have dined. This is a first rate Resort for guests and staff. No wonder everyone is so pleasant and happy to work there.
I went to Roatan and this Resort specifically for scuba diving and, again, my exceptations were exceeded. The diving organization was excellent. The dives sites remarkable. The thing that impressed me the most was the condition of the coral. It was beautiful; I was there to take pictures and I was able to capture some remarkable shots (for me anyway). But even more than that, in between dives the resort had a snack bar table set up. It had fruit drinks and some nibble food which was excellent. When you are in between dives and want to clear out the taste of salt water, this is the most fantastic extra. I really commend the hotel for this extra touch.
There were a number of children at the resort during my stay which I found really special. The resort has a very family oriented appeal which makes you feel like you are at home. I think that's the thing I enjoyed most about Infinity, you feel like you are at home rather than in a hotel. I think the condo (owners) approach contributes to this feel. The entertainment was fun and some nights geared towards children. The night's activities got quiet around 10 pm. But don't misunderstand. This is also very much an adults paradise too. The beach, service, food, Resort and grounds are beautiful. During my stay, I felt this was a little piece of heaven on earth. I would return tomorrow!! And stay for the winter if I could. I loved every minute.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras