We stayed at Infinity Bay from Dec 3rd to 10th and had an excellent time. We were there mainly to dive and did 10 dives with Infinity Divers - they are an excellent operation. I would not hesitate to dive with them again and we are already planning the next visit. I’ve also posted a review on their page if you want more information. The snorkelling is excellent right off the beach and you won’t believe what you will find so close to shore.
We were in a 1 bedroom suite in block 12 It had a full kitchen, living and dining room, 2 bathrooms and a king size bedroom. There was a balcony off the living room and one off the bedroom and both overlooked the pool. We sat on the balcony every evening and it was really relaxing because there was never loud music playing around the pool. The fridge has filtered water and an ice maker and it was really nice to have access to drinking water in our room whenever we wanted it. There isn’t a hair dryer but I had read that from other reviews and brought a travel dryer with me. Other than that there was nothing missing that we would have needed. The room was cleaned really well every day and the grounds were really well maintained. Be careful on the stairs though because the tiles get really slippery when they are wet.
The buffet restaurant was really good. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony of the restaurant for all of our meals and it overlooked the pool and the ocean. The food was tasty and the chef really does seem to take pride in the food. The selection is limited but we really enjoyed what we ate and would rather a limited selection of good food than massed produced low quality food. We went fishing our last day and we brought 2 tuna back for them to cook for us for lunch and they were done perfectly! Medium rare with soya sauce and wasabi on the side. It was delicious and couldn’t have been prepared any better at a fine dining restaurant!
The a la carte was right on the beach beside the bar and the food was good. We ate there one night and then found out you can use the ticket at lunch as well and it’s the exact same menu. Next time we’ll use both tickets at lunch because it’s nice to stay near the beach in the daytime and you can eat at the bar if you want to. There was no dress code enforced that we could see and shorts and sandals were acceptable at dinner.
I had read reviews about limited drink selections but we were never charged for anything. Beer, wine and bar rail liquor are included. You can get wine at the bar as well and it’s not only limited to dinner. I also had a Caesar, mojito and a margarita and we were never asked for a room number – maybe some cocktails are chargeable but we never encountered it.
We took a water taxi into West End for lunch and drinks one afternoon. Chapi’s is now closed and we were heading there for a baleada – we ended up at Cindy’s instead and the baleada was excellent. Sundowner’s still makes the best Margarita’s and it’s a great place to hang out and look at the beach after some shopping. Thanks to Aaron at Sundowner’s for a fun day of fishing. You’ve got a great operation. Go Leaf’s Go!
Since the resort is smaller you get a chance to get to know the staff and the other guests. The staff are really hard working and a great group who really seem pleased to see you and do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable. If you have any specific questions, feel free to send me a message.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras