The room we stayed in was everything the photos showed. Very spacious, very upscale, at least per my standards. Pool is huge and wonderful and the grounds were very nice, located right on the beach.
Construction on the new spa and reception area is still ongoing as of early September 2012, despite claims on the website that it would be done by mid-2012. However, I wasn't planning on using the spa and the construction did not disrupt my stay in any way.
Food is good; a little pricey, perhaps, but that's probably to be expected.
The only caution I have is to beware of some of the excursions they offer. The prices they give are generally higher than those offered on the beach by locals or even by adjacent competing resorts. We did do the parasailing through Infinity Bay, and while it was enjoyable, Infinity Bay did not meet the specifications it describes. Our primary beef was that it said that trips are 1 hour and are limited to 6 people. On our boat, they allowed 8 people. While we fit fine, they did not extend the trip beyond an hour to make up for the time difference for each pair in the air, so essentially we were shorted our time - we only got about 5 minutes in the air.
Other than the parasailing issue, we had a great time. We would definitely recommend it and come back, though we would probably think twice about participating in events offered through the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras