“Still the best place to stay in Roatan”

Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
East Coast
“Still the best place to stay in Roatan”
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Infinity Bay resort has excellent accommodations and the best beach on the island. The front desk reception is very attentive to all your needs. I had an issue with the Internet in the condo in which we stayed, and Bryan, the IT manager worked with us for 3 days until it was fixed. He is great! When I checked out reception had two extra charges from the Palapa Bar on my bill but we were able to have them removed. The resort is first class; however, the beach is starting to get crowded especially on cruise ship days.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank SteveK61

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (635)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We first learned of Roatan after a visit during a cruise. We have visited Infinity Bay three times in the past 14 months, it is just gorgeous. The rooms are modern, very comfortable and nicely furnished. The snorkeling available right in front of the resort is outstanding. We also enjoying scuba diving and near shore fishing. There is little to no current so you can feel safe with young ones running into the ocean. The food is good and the sunsets are spectacular (from the beach, restaurant, pool or balcony). Roatan is not a "Cancun party town". It is quiet and perfect for a family vacation. When we leave my kids start asking when we can return even before we board the plane. United Airlines has great service through Houston and Infinity Bay has free transportation from the airport. Their website does a good job of showing off the resort: www.infinitybay.com

4 Thank John W
Forsyth, Georgia
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is our second stay here. The pool is beautiful. The condos are comfy. The beach view can't be beat. We will be back again and again.

Others have complained about minor things here like the new reception area not being done or slow service at the restaurant. We spent all of 10 minutes in reception when we got here. It did not make or break our trip! Relax! You are in a beautiful spot! Relax and go exploring. We have always felt safe here. The people are great. They will help you with anything you may need, all you have to do is ask!!

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank moochelle1
Tampa,FL
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I brought our 3 kids ages 11, 8 and 5 and my mom. We had a blast. Room was perfect. View was perfect. Restaurant was great. The dive shop on site was perfect. We did a few dives on our own. I thought this was a great hotel for the money. The house reef is just beautiful. Cruise ship days were fine and didn't bother us at all. The water is clear and pretty. Nice snorkeling right out your door. Gumbalimba park is a must do. We ziplined 1 day and then with the wrist band went back the next day and did the park (insects, iguanas, macaws, bats, moneys.) I highly recommend the park. Roatan was a blast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank dkolar
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Our stay at Infinity Bay was excellent. The resort is beautiful. The grounds and rooms are modern and clean.

The beach has a relaxing atmosphere. The water is crystal clear and blue. The beach area was cleaned hourly by Infinity Bay staff.

The pool is extremely large with a swim up bar. The pool was never overcrowded.

The Infinity Bay staff is nice and extremely helpful with whatever you may need. Food/Bar service is slow but that is the pace of the island. The food was excellent. There is a different item on the menue everyday.

I highly recommend Infinity Bay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Renee T
delaware
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My family and I stayed at Infinity Bay for the second time! We had a wonderful time....the staff at the Palapa Bar/Restaurant were extremely wonderful, especially Deshon (waiter) and Steve (bartender). Their service was impeccable -they took extremely good care of us! I've read previous reviews where there was a complaint about the staff, but my husband, sisters, and I did not encounter these same issues. The room was extremely clean and was up close- near the beach, pool, and palapa bar....extremely convenient.

We stayed in a room that had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a full kitchen! Which was great, we were able to buy snacks and drinks from one of the markets on the island and keep leftovers- which was very convenient!

Deshon, the waiter at the Palapa Bar/Restaurant was extremely helpful. My husband and I would dive in the mornings (we didn't dive w/ the infinity divers), and upon our return back to the resort- he would let us know where my sisters were (ie. beach, pool, etc). We even ran into him in West End one night, where he hailed a cab for us for a good price! Even when he wasn't working, he was extremely friendly and helpful!

Steve, the bartender at the Palapa Bar, we had met him during our first trip to Roatan in Aug/Sept of 2010, and his service was the same this time- 5 star! He took extremely good care of us whether it was for food, alcohol, or non-alcoholic beverages! As soon as we approached the bar / swim up bar - he was quick to wait on us! Definitely our favorite bartender during both our stays at Infinity Bay!

The only reason we are not giving this resort "5 stars" is the issue we encountered with the Infinity Bay water taxi. This driver took us to West End on our last night , we pre-paid with round trip tickets for four. After dropping us off for dinner in West End, the driver told us he would be back at 9:30pm to take us back. We returned to where he dropped us off at, the Barking Monkey in West End early. When the water taxi returned, he didn't even dock - the staff at the Barking Monkey let him know we were ready, the water taxi just took off! Leaving us in West End! My husband and I tried calling Infinity Bay's office, no answer. Even the staff at the Barking Monkey tried to intervene on our behalf by calling, but no answer. Luckily, my husband and I are somewhat familiar with the island, and we were able to flag down a cab to take us back in no time- but WE HAD PREPAID for our water taxi ROUNDTRIP. My recommendation: never prepay round trip- pay for one way if using Infinity Bay's water taxi- you are better off to allow for extra $20 for a cab ride back (for four people)- because the water taxi driver we encountered was unreliable. I could understand if we were late, but we were early waiting on him. But that was the only poor customer service encounter we had.

4 Thank travelbugchica
Oklahoma
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My son and his family consisting of his wife and two kids ages 3 and 5 accompanied my wife and me to visit Infinity Bay which is located at West Bay. We spent a week in a two bedroom condo whichc was located about 100 and 25 yards from the beach. My wife and I were there two years ago and really enjoyed out trip.

Beach

The beach is outstanding. There are no better beaches in the Caribbean. The water is very clear, and the beach slopes slightly. You can wade out a considerable distance before the water gets deep. It is great for kids.

I thought the food was very good. There are a lot of sea food places to eat, and many of them are right along the beach which can be enjoyed while watching the sunset over the ocean. Prices are not too bad, and most of them accept credit cards. Discover card is not usually accepted. There are several good pizza places, one being El Pomodero which is very near the beach. There is a small store in what they call the mall which has the basics. If you want to have a large selection take a taxi from the airport and stop at Eldon's Supermarket The cab driver will wait while you shop. Make sure to get a price before getting into the cab. They can be bargained with. We paid $25 and probably could have gotten it for less, but we were tired and anxious to get to the hotel. They have a pretty good selection, and the prices are better than the store in the mall. Smuggler's is a good restaurant that can be reached by foot if you are willing to climb a high hill and then down the other side. It is a paved road. West End which can be reached by water taxi for $3 per person has several good restaurants. We ate at Rotisserie Chicken which was good. There is beach/bar restaurant at Infinity which was good. Be prepared to be on island time. Everywhere we went there was a long wait.

Activities

My reason for going was to scuba dive. I dived with Bananarama which is a very short walk down the beach. I did not try the dive shop at Infinity Bay. I have always been pleased with Bananarama. They will be able to call you by your first name after the first dive day. Equipment can rented. They do morning, afternoon, and night dives.

My wife is a beach person, and she enjoyed just sitting on the beach reading. Grandkids had a ball along the beach and in the pool. The pool is a very large, freshwater pool which overlooks the beach. You can watch the sunset from the pool. A beach bar and restaurant is at one end of the pool with swimup stools. We all visited the iguana farm and monkey farm as part of a tour of the whole island. I suggest you contact Bodden tours. They show you the whole island and answer all questions. We were the only ones in the air conditioned van.

The Resort

Check in and out can be a slow process depending on how many people are there. We were in building 18 which is too far from the beach. Ask for a room overlooking the pool. Free transportation is provided to and from the airport and bags are taken to your room. Our problem was that we were on the 4th floor, and we could not find anyone to carry the bags until we were almost finished. It was a real chore. This part of the trip was not good. The elevator did not work the entire trip. We reported that to the office twice, and nothing was ever done. Climbing 4 flights of stairs several times a day for a week was not good. We had to carry the littlest grand child each time. It was still not working when we left. They were there to help carry the baggage down. The air conditioning in the condo worked very. It had a TV with about 24 English speaking channels. There was a refrigerator with an ice maker. Stove worked well, and there was dishwasher. We ran out of dish washer soap which they also never brought which they said they would. Maid came each day with clean towels and bedding and straightened up the room. We ate breakfasts and most noon meals in the room and went out to eat each evening. Neither shower had any water pressure. I mean just a trickle, hardly enough to wash off the soap.

Good snorkeling right off the beach is a short walk away.

On cruise ship days the beach will be somewhat crowded, but cruisers are not allowed in the Infinity Bay chairs. A lot of locals will try to sell items to you. Just say no. They are not pushy. Para sailing is availabe along with fishing and a glass bottom boat. Kayaks can also be rented.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.