Infinitybay, Roatan, Honduras - A long n skinny Island
Always in search of nice and reasonable stay.
Jannah n I met on Guam back in 1969 which is a tropical island. We've traveled a fair amount with both our parents being Air Force. For us, Hawaii, Jamaica, St. Kitts, Grand Cayman, Cancun, Playa, Peurta Virlarta, etc. We love to snorkel. This is the 1st place we've ever found where you can walk out to the beach, put on your gear, and go straight out and any way you want to go. No tours needed. You will see lots of marine life and coral. Roatan is known for diving for those with that passion. We've seen just about everything but sharks. There are 2 reef drops right out front. 1st dropoff is around 40' 2nd reef drop goes down 150'+/- which is just 200 yards out. We have seen Turtles, eels, baracudas, tuna, sea bass, parot fish, sea snakes, octopus, lobster, puffer fish, sting rays, eagle rays, n lots of fish I have no idea what they are.
One of the things I really like about West End is that it is at "the west end of the island" which means the ocean current is moving away from you so the water in front of resort is usually very calm making it easy for young 2 year olds and older people to get in and swim. It also makes for easier snorkeling and clearer water to see 150' to bottom is you wonder your fins out to the dropoff like I do on a regular daily basis.
Infinitybay is in a bay area called "West Bay" which is maybe 300 yards of beach. It is the newest place there and in the best spot. Sun sets in front over beach because the beach faces West. We like to stay in condos wherever we go because they are more layed back and rarely crowded compared to resorts. I am a homebuilder and these places are pretty nice and well built. They treat their own water (reverse osmosis?) so you can drink and eat anything at the resort. Their infinity pool is long allowing for easy walkin access at far in end for little ones and older ones with the sit at bar feature at beach end. The premises are kept us nicely. The help is very polite and helpful. Most all serving help speaks English or Spanish of course. We would be a buyer of a condo but still in recovery mode as a homebuilder here in USA. All rooms are fully furnished. Internet (hard line) in each room and wifi available in most areas at infinitybay. You can use US dollars the whole stay. Lots of restaurants up and down the West Bay. Next bay to east is West End where there are lots of restaurants n bars to go to with a simple water taxi ride from small dock. Zip lines, caves, monkeys, scooters. If you get bored, it would be your fault. The wife and I are beach bums and rarely venture beyond our bay, WHY? We are already in the best spot...
Flights from Atlanta, Houston, and Denver will drop you right on island. 30 minute bus ride to infnitybay. They provide bus travel for free,but for $25 taxi ride, you can be there faster and easier.
*Bus ride to and from the airport is an experience. Need to do at least once. lOL.
*It is a tropical island which measn it rains off and on. Having met my wife on Guam, the sun can shine on you while you get rained on. Most rains are brief or done before noon.
*Tropical island also means bugs. Although the only ones I can say to be aware of would be sand flees and flies which are easly held at bay with repellant on your ankles. Mosquitos a little but only early am or late pm. Just like home.
*They will finish the main building for incoming, outgoing, interior dining, small store, spa, weight room, etc, etc sometime this year 2012. This does not bother us but might some. The check in and out is a poor setup till this is completed, but, only happens twice while you are there, coming and leaving.
We love it there and will continue to go back for many years to come. If you want to get away but still stay in touch via internet, this is your place. We bought a little phone and a chip for $25 will give you 2 hours of talk time back home. Who needs that when you can use facebook to keep eveyone back home in touch.
We have made good friends with some of the condo owners who actually live there. The help and firends all remember us and fun is what it is all about.
For those of you that read up on Honduras, a lovely country by the way, being a risky place to visit. I want you to realize that you are staying on an island and not on the mainland. Even if you have a gun permit, you can not carry one there. We have always felt safe there and they have guards on duty at all times to make sure guests are taken care of and not harrassed. We have been mainland somewhat and i would not recommend it unless you traveled with locals. You can say that about some places here in USA...
Rod n Jannah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia and Despegar.com so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras