Our experience in Roatan was miraculous. We couldn't have asked for a better time.
A word of advice? FLY THERE. It's worth the extra cost. We got to the Island via the ferry (aka Vomit Rocket) and it was pretty abysmal. It is very scenic, but there is so much to do on the island it's not worth spending time on the ferry or trying to work around it's schedule.
Infinity Bay is a fantastic place to stay at, but we honestly just went there to sleep. Everything was brand new, gorgeous, spacious, comfortable. We had a large balcony that was perfect to see the sunrise/sunset from.
We weren't there for more than 2 hours or so before Carlos, our Roatan guide, found us and asked if we were ready to go Zip lining in the Canopies above the Jungle. Tired and hungry from our travelling, we asked to pass on it, but he worked it so we could be their lasts guests at Pirates Zip lines. And he took us to lunch at the Beach Club! Gotta try their fish tacos, they're great.
We did so much in the three nights that we were there, but didn't feel tired or stressed, and it's all thanks to Carlos for really showing us a good time. He took care of everything so we didn't have to.
The last night we were there, he took us on a photowalk of west end and bar hop. It's really just an excuse to have fun, and meet new people. My favorite bars were Blue Marlin (karaoke!) and Sundowners (you HAVE to try their Bloody Marys). It was a pretty crazy night, and there was never a time were our family didn't feel safe.
We didn't want to leave!
I strongly recommend hitting up Carlos' facebook site if you want to make the most out of Roatan. https://www.facebook.com/Roatansightsandattractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras