“Paradise is so cliche”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Miami, Florida, United States
“Paradise is so cliche”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Our experience in Roatan was miraculous. We couldn't have asked for a better time.

A word of advice? FLY THERE. It's worth the extra cost. We got to the Island via the ferry (aka Vomit Rocket) and it was pretty abysmal. It is very scenic, but there is so much to do on the island it's not worth spending time on the ferry or trying to work around it's schedule.

Infinity Bay is a fantastic place to stay at, but we honestly just went there to sleep. Everything was brand new, gorgeous, spacious, comfortable. We had a large balcony that was perfect to see the sunrise/sunset from.

We weren't there for more than 2 hours or so before Carlos, our Roatan guide, found us and asked if we were ready to go Zip lining in the Canopies above the Jungle. Tired and hungry from our travelling, we asked to pass on it, but he worked it so we could be their lasts guests at Pirates Zip lines. And he took us to lunch at the Beach Club! Gotta try their fish tacos, they're great.

We did so much in the three nights that we were there, but didn't feel tired or stressed, and it's all thanks to Carlos for really showing us a good time. He took care of everything so we didn't have to.

The last night we were there, he took us on a photowalk of west end and bar hop. It's really just an excuse to have fun, and meet new people. My favorite bars were Blue Marlin (karaoke!) and Sundowners (you HAVE to try their Bloody Marys). It was a pretty crazy night, and there was never a time were our family didn't feel safe.

We didn't want to leave!

I strongly recommend hitting up Carlos' facebook site if you want to make the most out of Roatan. https://www.facebook.com/Roatansightsandattractions.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask to have a good view of the ocean. Sunrises/Sunsets are gorgeous from the balconie...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 798645

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Arrived here last Saturday and found this to be a beautiful resort. Love the location the staff and the beach. But, as I sit here today, I listen to the 80 some odd Honduran high school seniors that have taken over the resort. The are drinking and smoking heavy leaving a path of destruction in their wake. They actually have what appears to be some sort of guitar amplifier that they are broadcasting their music to anyone in the neighborhood. They have absolutely no respect for anyone. When asked to turn down the music, we were told they own this island and they would turn it up.

So I ask, why rent to this clientele? And why, upon receiving many. many complaints from the guest, no actions were taken to minimize the damage to respectful population? I asked to speak to a manager and asked that something be done, but here I sit as I write listening to the disrespect of these young kids.

Please note, I have teenagers and I understand they want to have fun ... but this is out of control.

So may review is that IF the management staff decides to take care of business, this is a great place to be. If not, stay away .....

Also have video of the partying to post when I get home.

Room Tip: Stay close to the beach
8 Thank Jeff B
Reviewed March 21, 2012

The infinity hotel is really gorgeous. I will consider it among the top 3 in the island. The rooms were gorgeous. Nice spacius kitchen, with stainless steal appliances. All contemporary! Very nice! Beds were very comfy! And the room im general gorgeous, with two patios. One in each bedroom. We had a two bedroom and accomodated 5 perfectly. The only thing i can say could improve about the hotel is the pool area and restaurant. The rooms are forgeous but there is not much around pool and the restaurant area is the bar. Looks like they are still in construction though. But it does have a very good location. You can just go walking to the beach and there are several bars and restaurants and other hotels right next to it.

Out of the three days we were there we ate everyday at a different place. All very exquisite, out of the few i will definetly recomend the beach club. It has some very yummy lobster enchiladas. Now for the excursions, you need to go to your facebook right now and add roatan sights and attractions. Carlos not only will get you the best prices to go on any excursion, but he can give you plenty of good pointers of where is the place to go.

I was lucky that i had added the group somehow by searching for places to go in roatan, and while on the page, found several plces that caugh my attention, and just happened to as on the page what would be a good niteclub in roatan. He answered immediatly to my request. Recommended me several excursions. So lets just say that the 3 days we were in roatan we spent them with carlos. We went on the canopy tour, he took us to the beAch house, which food was awesome. Took a whole day around the island excursion, which that was excellent. We did snorkeling, walked around a desserted island, and had all e could eat lobster amd steak. Oohh and dont forget the all you could drink. Lets just say that after that we were ready for bed! We were a group of 5 ages 16-48 and we all had a blast. Then the next night we did a photowalk tour in west end, and sundown. That was gorgeous! Oh and to put the sugar on top, Carlos is a great photographer. Soo in all the events we went he took picturess of all of us. So felt like royalty the whole week, that we had our own paparatzi. So definetly check it out for yourself. Roatan sights and attractions, you wont regret it.

• Stayed March 2012
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My stay at Infinity Bay was great in Roatan ! The rooms were very spacious and elegant however; there were a few issues though .. In my bathroom there was a holder for the blow-dryer .. But no blow-dryer ! I also called room service to replace a coffee pot , and bring three blankets up to our room , but they made excuses . They claimed that they could not bring me three blankets because they were " washing ." And it was not til the next day that they actually brought us something . And it was the coffee pot and ONE blanket . There is also loud construction going on in Infinity Bay's garden area right now (which might wake you up .) On our last day staying in Infinity Bay , one of the cleaning ladies barged into the room at 10am yelling , which woke me up . But other than the hotel's issues .. had a wonderful time with Roatan Sights and Attractions . I went with my dad , step-mom , grandma , and uncle ! They all LOVED the sights and fun . We ate baleadas , had drinks , zip-lined , had a photo-walk , took many boats , and swam in the crystal clear water ! The excursion was wonderful ! Also a tip : order seafood . Eat things that the island specializes in . Don't order a burger like I did . It was horrible ... The seafood was awesome ! My overall experience in Honduras was amazing !

Room Tip: Rooms away from the garden-view are quieter . Also , if you can , request a room on the first floor...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Rexburg, Idaho
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I love Roatan and I love staying at Infinity Bay. The resort is beautiful the rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. The beach is amazing. In my opinion this is the nicest beach and nicest hotel on the island. Having the two in the same location is great. It can be a bit crowded on the weekend with an influx of tourists from the mainland but Monday through Friday its quiet and peaceful. My favorite place to snorkel is right off the beach in front of the Hotel. The pool is beautiful and my kids can spend hours swimming there. We spent two months there last summer and there is no other place on the island I'd rather stay. We did have a couple of problems with electricity and water during our stay reminding us that Honduras is still 3d world, but overall our experience was great.

Room Tip: I always rent from VRBO and get a better price than going through resort itself. I wouldn't giv...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Mark C
Lacombe, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Lets start by saying that we loved Roatan. As the trip got closer and closer we were second guessing our choice based off other reviews. But once we got there we knew we had made the right choice.
Infinity Bay Resort is beautiful. The grounds are lush, the pool is incredible, and the rooms are modern and clean.
The beach and the water is by far the best part of the stay. White powder soft sand, warm, crystal clear turquoise waters. The snorkeling was better at the resort than anywhere else we found on the island. That being said, we have certainly experienced better snorkeling in Hawaii, Turks & Caicos and Thailand. We are big animal snorkelers and you won't see that kind of stuff in Roatan.
The food at the restaurant at the resort was good, but limited menu and fairly pricey.
I CANNOT say more about how wonderful Avi, the activites manager was. He took care of us. We played a round of golf at Black Pearl, went to Gumbalimba Park, and did the island tour with Bay Island Adventures. The golfing was great, but VERY expensive. It cost $400.00 for 2 people, plus transportation which was $70.00. The course is not ocean front at all, but still very nice. The course is really far from the resort, which is why the transportation cost so much. So unless you are a die hard golf fan, I wouldn't spend the money. Gumbalimba Park was a great experience, and is really close to the resort. We did the full tour, which included ziplining. Ziplining was incredible. I would not even pay the money to go to the park if you are not going to zipline. And finally, the Bay Island Tour was top notch. Ray and his crew really took care of us. They wouldn't let anyone lift a finger, and we were never without and drink in hand, and a smile on our faces. They took us to a place called Hole in the Wall for lunch, and the name perfectly describes the restaurant, but the food was fantastic! What I really liked about Bay Island Tours, was that they genuinely wanted you to have a great time. They weren't just there to take your money and look for tips.
Overall we found the food and restaurants in Roatan only okay. Most of them have great atmosphere's, but the food itself is nothing to write home about. We enjoyed Thirsty Turtle, Celeste's and Smugglers. For great submarine sandwiches check out Hungry Monkey Deli. For a Starbucks type coffee shop try Cool Beans. And for great breakfast hit up Mangiamo Market. All three places were fantastic and within a 3 minute walk from the resort.
Now for the only real downside to the vacation:
The walls of the condo's are paper thin! I know this has been mentioned before, and I thought people were just being overly critical, but it really is true. The problem is mainly with people who are outside, not so much when they are in their rooms. Many times when I was at reception using the computer I heard people complaining. We had trouble with this twice. Both times the resort was experiencing a power outage, so we couldn't even call the front desk. The second time this happened, some people were on their patio very late drinking and listening to music and being very loud. Someone else from a near by condo asked them to quiet down, which they didn't do. So my husband had to slip around the back of the resort (in complete darkness) to try and find the security guard located at the front entrance. This was nerve racking to say the least, but I have to say the security guard handled the issue promptly and thoroughly. The only other complaint I have about the rooms is that like what other people said, the beds are quite hard, as are the pillows. I did contact the front desk for another pillow and they were quick to provide one.
Overall we loved Roatan, and despite the above mentioned issues at the resort, all of the staff at the resort were fantastic and made for a wonderful stay. Once the construction is complete, I look forward to returning to this wonderful place!

3 Thank VangiW
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Even though it's a fairly large resort, management will still take the time to hear you out and do what they can to accommodate you. Let me explain. When we called in to book our room we specifically asked for a room with the ocean view, not infront of the construction and right on the beach. Our suite was gorgeous except not infont of the beach as requested. We were also told we had a washer and dryer in the suite. It was true we did, but not for our use. The door was locked by the owners I believe. The management was quick to apologize once these issues were brought to their attention and offered us complimentary breakfasts for four people during our stay.
As well the next day we asked some other tour companies about doing the Dolphin Encounter and they all said they we're book because of the cruise ships coming in. We asked the Infinity Bay activity guy and he said he should be able to get us in, and did! That was a great experience by the way.
Try to book on the weekend if you can at any place in West Bay. We were told by the locals the cruise ships come from Tuesday to Friday from about 9am-2pm. And it gets packed! It's also not as good snorkeling when they come as all the traffic in the water causing the sand to be disturbed and water gets very murky. Not sure why but many of the cruise shippers seem to have no respect for the corals. We saw both parents and children alike standing directly on the coral crushing parts of it. Very sad to see as my wife is from Honduras and this is one of our favorites places in the world to laze on the beach and snorkel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction. We couldn't even see it from our suite.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Bay
Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#5 of 14 in West Bay
Seagrape Plantation Resort

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!