The Henry Morgan Resort is priced close to its competitors and it is a hotel with some years on its back.
One way we felt this was their power generator. When there was no electricity and the generator was running there was no aircondition and hot water. One night there was no electricity at all until next morning at 9:00. The rooms got very hot, when the windows almost does not open (another thing that needs maintenance at HM).
The staff is mostly very friendly though most of it is not very competent. You get a lot of smiles, and your beverages served after you finished eating.
The food is always fresh, healthy and in great variety, though the once best prepared are the Honduran dishes and the pasta. The breakfast is very good, though we missed the orange juice. What they serve you is an artificial drink with orange taste. Sometimes you could get the waiter to prepare a lemonade or orangeade - but you would have to wait for it.
The location and the surroundings of HM are perfect. There is trees and palms all over providing shade and a tropical atmosphere. The buildings are dark on the inside but still giving a nice atmosphere as well.
The swimming pool is big and warmer than the ocean. There is no shower at the entrance from the main building and only few people shower before going in. This probably contributes to the unclear water. Leafs are removed from the pool during the day.
The night that the electricity was completely gone all the employees managed to hide - management as well. There was no information at all, and the guests was left to themselves. After 15 minutes we got tired of waiting and went to bed. Fortunately we had a smartphone that served as a flashlight, and we could find our way the the room and got to bed. On the way to the room at least half of the emergency lights was not working - lack of maintenance. That the generator had problems was not something new to management, as both other guests and employees told us that there had been problems with it for some time.
The TV in the rooms does not work. Except for a few Italian channels the rest was mostly snow.
Overall Henry Morgan seems like a nice hotel in good surroundings, with lack of a good management and maintenance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Henry Morgan is an All Inclusive Resort located in the best beach of Roatan, West Bay. Our mission is to anticipate and deliver on the dreams and expectations of every guest's perfect holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Henry Morgan Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Henry Morgan Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Henry Morgan
- Henry Morgan Resort
- Henry Morgan Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras