Henry Morgan Beach Resort
$262
$197
Foster's West Bay(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$109
$98
West Bay Lodge and Spa(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$140
$122
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Beach Hotel(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$152
$264
Agoda.com
West Bay B & B(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$69
$715
  • Breakfast included
West Bay Colonial Suites(West Bay)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
1,605 results
All reviewsentertainment stafflobby bartgi divingfishair transat repsand fleaswest endmedia lunanightly showsdance lessonsdive shopstar resorttowel arteach meala la carte restaurantdeep woodsfire show
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I just returned from Henry Morgan Resort 6 hours ago. My husband and I had a wonderful time. Please do not read the other reviews and miss an opportunity to visit a good resort and great beach and island. Please do not think about the food, eat what is there and remember we are only there for one week and will return to our life of luxury. Meet all the wonderful people experience their culture and lifestyle. These people are doing the best they can with what they have and we need to give them a break. Also, let other people go and see for themselves. Stop putting these horrible reviews on the resort when it is not so bad. It could do with some updating but would pay more money to help then if they up the price. All travellers please go and see for yourself it is a great resort with lots of food and wonderful people. Take time to speak with the locals and help them out. If you need any info please email me at abrizan@live.com.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Althea B
Reviewed January 9, 2014

first of all this was a third visit to the henry morgan. the ROOMs need to be remodelled and that would be my major complaint. the main reason we love it so much is we LOVE the staff they go above and beyond to make you happy. I would like to name them as they deserve some recognition and if you ever go there please take time to find them and get to know them! GEORGE in the restaurant I love him like family he will do whatever he can for you at the drop of a dime. ANDRIA a waitress in he restaurant is just all around fabulous. Sayjuba the lady who makes the omelettes in the morning and works at the beach bar for lunch and at the a la care is the sweetest lady I know always greeting us with a hug and huge smile! LINDEY in the dive shop is just all around a lot of fun and very welcoming. now last but not least TERRY the manager of the beach bar he was new on this visit for us and by the end of our trip he was just like family as well. he is a great addition to the resort and I hope they keep him around its exactly what they needed. There are many many more waiters in the restaurant all men that greeted us with smiles and by the end of the week we giving hugs and really going to miss all them, im sorry I cannot remember all their names but I would say almost every single guy in their was fabulous. I did write a list and when I find it will add their names. one other person made this trip a lot of fun as well Marzia from the entertainment staff we spent a lot of time getting to know her she is a very sweet girl from Italy and I hope when we return she is still there! The front desk staff need some improvements there was one girl that was there and willing to help but the others didn't really seem to enjoy their jobs. FIX AND UPGRADE YOUR ROOMS YOU HAVE AMAZING STAFF BUT ROOMS NEED REMODELLING AND I CANT SAY THIS ENOUGH!!! in our time there we had to major room issues air conditioner didn't work and our bathroom, the toilet leaked everywhere and our shower fixtures ripped from the wall. to be honest the bathrooms look like that haven't been remodelled since the day it opened. we didn't have issues with sand fleas, he weather was great. the beach is beautiful, food had really improved! we did miss the deaf gentlemen that is normally on the beach cleaning and doing chairs and you can tell he wasn't there the young guy that took over was no where even close to being able to compare him to the regular guy. we will be going back and I hope the ROOMS are in better shape when we return

Room Tip: if you want peace and quiet as for second floor or you will hear people above you. we always ask for first floor as I don't like stairs. but unless they renovate there is no room that's better then the other
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank sarniasunshine
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed here the week of December 30, 2013 to January 6, 2014.
It all started off by being offered rum punch as soon as we got off the bus to check in. That was the best welcome we have ever had.
If you are looking for the big and busy resorts like in Mexico, this will not be for you. It is a small resort of 140 rooms. The facility is not a five star resort so dont expect that. It is very laid back. What makes this resort special is the staff. They are wonderful people which includes Jimmy and Hosway.
The buffet is very adequate and the food is itself is good. The 2 bars are very good and the bartenders are fantastic. (ask for a rum coffee on ice) they are delicious. They have entertainment nightly and a different activity planned each day.
The beach is without a doubt the best beach we have ever encountered. The water is clear and the coral reef just down the beach is perfect for snorkeling.
All in all our family enjoyed this resort. Just remember it is not a 5 star resort.

Room Tip: bring a travel mug with you for your drinks as they use smaller paper cups at the bars
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank John L
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This resort was good. The food was buffet and had a variety and plentiful. Wine was cheap but and you had to purchase good wine for dinner. The bar drinks were basic. The beach was great. The pool is 2m deep so not really good for kids. Entertainment was different every night. This is rated adequately. The reviews I read before going to Roatan were scary but the resort was good. West Bay is a lot nicer beach than West end. There were a crazy amount of zip line courses on the island. American money was taken everywhere. Internet was extra at Henry Morgan.

Room Tip: choose second floor , close to lounge or it is a far walk
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shona S
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I struggle to find the appeal of this resort given that it shares the same beautiful beach as at least 10 other resorts. First off, the resort is built on a swamp. Everything is pirate themed. The rooms are dark, the beds a rock hard, the bedding is cheap, the pillows are lumpy. They don't provide bath mats or hand towels. Just one bath towel. We turned on our hairdryer and it caught fire, that's how old the place is. The telephones don't work. The walls are paper thin, you can hear everything going on in the other rooms AND since the rooms are built on stilts, anytime anyone moves in the hallways or stairs, your room shakes. We did not get any sleep during our stay here. AND don't even get me started on the god awful food. It's all carbs, mushy pasta, frozen tilapia, and their idea of salad is chunks of sliced cucumber. Absolutely horrific. You can also tell that the staff hates working here, they are totally jaded and unhelpful. They know the place stinks. And one last thing-- no internet in the rooms, only in the lobby, it's $15 a day per device. Everyone else on the island gives you internet for free. This place sucks! Stay away.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple