“Beautiful Beach!”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Ijamsville, Maryland
“Beautiful Beach!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel is located on the best beach. The staff was amazing, except for the front desk. The rooms were were ok, they could have used a little updating. The food was ok. Breakfast and lunch was good. We ate dinner their one night, and never agian. We walked to other restaurants down the beach, which had amazing specials and great food. The biggest dissapointment was the hours in which the food was served. Breakfast was over at 0930!.
The best part, besides the amazing beach was the TGI dive shop. The staff and instructures were amazing and sooo helpful. Over al,l I cant complain tooo much. We aways had a drink in our hand and a chair on the beach, and paid a pretty great price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HP1221

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

The hotel is well situated has the best beach, but that's about it!! They kept their beach really clean!
Hotel rooms are in major need of upgrades. Beds are as hard as rock, you may as well have slept on the floor no difference. My ribs were sore every morning because the bed was beyond firm!!! Bathrooms are horrible!!! Mold in the showers, faucets falling apart, calcium all over the shower head. Shower door was so dirty I was afraid to even touch it and the walls. Bathroom would at times block and had to call them to come and fix it. I heard complaints that some guests had no hot water and no a/c. I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Some bathrooms read that you were not allowed to throw TOILET paper in the toilet!!! YUCKThe good thing about the room is that they had flat screen TV's with a great choice of channels. We had A/C but we could not regulate the temperature, the good thing was that the rooms were well sheltered from the sun that you did not need a/c at night. Food extremely basic, nothing fancy same thing almost everyday. STAFF WAS AMAZING I cannot say one bad thing about any of them. BRING LOTS OF BUG SPRAY!!!! your going to need it and badly. The hotel would believe it or not fumigate at 6 am in the morning EVERYDAY and woke up all the guests and the dead for how loud the machine was. I though I was on vacation and hoped to sleep in, forget that. I would not recommend this place to anyone. There are a few more hotels on that strip of the beach choose carefully. I am very thankful that I got a really good price for this hotel becuase I would have never paid a cent more for this place. The animation team was wonderful, they tried really hard and for some they succeeded.If you do choose this hotel ask for a suite when you get there, upgrade it's will be worth it. I was told that the suites are in much better shape and everything works and the beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank dicoverbug

Travelers are raving about these West Bay hotels

philadelphia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Im going to keep this short and sweet. This place is a steaming dump. After I carried my family's bags about a quarter mile up and down stairs trying to find my room, I opened the door and was horrified. The room was a mess and smelled horrible. There was no way we were staying. I went to the front desk and told them I was leaving and wanted a refund. They said they would not refund, so I called my credit card company and they took care of it. Should have booked Infinity Bay since I ended up there anyway. Do not make the same mistake, stay away.........

• Stayed July 2013
11 Thank turbo
Uxbridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

This small hotel is smack in the middle of the length of beach on which is the reef at one end and you can snorkel there with just a mask. AWESOME!!! Just grab your bread stash and off you go down the beach to feed and amaze yourself. For anyone who is not comfortable in deep or rough waters this is the place to be. We have been to many Caribbean beaches but this is the best for adults and kids. We also were truly amazed at the great job they do with the buffet at all meals.Not so many choices that you can't decide but very good quality. They escort you to your table of choice with wine and glasses in hand as you go through the line. Nice touch!!! We also experienced some great entertainment for evening festivities. Would definitely go back. Just make sure you take your meds for malaria as it is recommended for Canadian traveller's. We did not encounter any problems but is precautionary because of the rain forest and humid weather.

Room Tip: No need as they are all great
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank sdg48
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Ok people. This is a tiny resort set on a beautiful island. Front staff do what they can with the little they have. Rooms are amazing except some sounds noted if on ground floor. No big deal. Food is just like any all inclusive, they are cooking for the masses. You will not go hungry, I always gain weight there. George the Resturant manager is awesome, super friendly. There is no other beach like it. Snorkelling and diving are a must. Beach is safe to walk on as my wife and I have walked end to end without any feelings of feeling unsafe.
Now for those you who complain about poor wifi, long walks, bugs and heat. What the ---- where you expecting form a poor tropical country. Shame on those who dare to complain.

• Stayed January 2013
20 Thank Canadian-swed
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have never felt compelled to review a hotel before today. After having stayed in some great hotels and some which may have been less than stellar at times, my general feeling has always been understand where you are going, what you are paying, and make the best of it if is not to my liking. I have always managed to fix any small problems I may have had with any hotel with a friendly conversation with the manager or concierge. This has been my mode of operation until I checked in and immediately out of the Henry Morgan Resort. To say that this place is a dump would be a slight to dumps everywhere. Where do I start? How about with the front desk staff who were vying for extra parts as zombies on the "Walking Dead" or perhaps I should mention the swarm of mosquitos at the open air front desk that were eating my girlfriend and I alive as we were looking for any signs of life as we attempted to check in. After we found enough of a pulse from one of the front desk girls to get directions to our room, which turned out to be an impromptu nature hike over a pool of stagnant fetid water with multiple stair wells. Did I mention there were no bell hops? We arrived in our room to find all of the ambience of a cardboard box. My girlfriend went into the bathroom to discover the shower head and bath tub covered in mold. It was at this point that I informed her that there was "no way in hell" that I would spend one night in this place. We informed the front desk of our decision, which barely elicited any response from the cadavers behind the front desk. We left our luggage there & walked down the beach to the Infinity Bay Resort where the front desk girl, Olga, could not have been more gracious or accommodating in finding us a lovely room at their stellar establishment. The Henry Morgan should be demolished. It is an embarrassment to to flea bag hotels let alone all of the lovely resorts that my girlfriend and I checked out along that strip of beach. It is a dark, dank, lifeless resort that seems, as we found out after asking around, to be the laughing stock of the beach. I would have merrily joined along in the humor had I not checked there for one miserable hour.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
18 Thank Marc G
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

On our first visit we brought 24 guest with us as we got married there. The hotel was great and not one of our guests complained. The bugs are an issue but bring spray. The beach is beautiful and I have seen Australia to South Africa beaches and this one is spectacular. We love going to this island as it feels very safe. We can walk down the beach at 10 pm and not worry about anything. The food is good, I never lose weight while on vacation..lol. If you want to experience a place not overrun with tourist, this is the place to go. We have been three times and are heading back in January 2014.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#5 of 14 in West Bay
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort

Been to Henry Morgan Resort? Share your experiences!