Reviews are correct when they say that this resort if average. Nothing special about the rooms - stayed in 118. Door didn't lock for the first 2 days and air conditioned dripped, but was fixed asap as soon as we brought it to the front desks attention. The cleaning staff is excellent - rooms were spotless. Shower always had warm water. If you are planning on spending alot of time in your room - dont stay here. If you are just in your room to sleep - this is perfect.
Buffet - breakfast is the best meal of the day with an omelet station that always had a line but went very quickly. Alot of "mystery" meat, had bacon twice in the week we were there. Fill up on breakfast because lunch and dinner is quite bag. Noodles, same chicken dishes and more "mystery" meat. The 11am snack at the pool had hand cut french fries that we had everyday - very good. The other snacks - not so much.
Beach - beautiful - the reason we will come back!!! The snorkeling is better than the diving! An amazing reef that we couldn't get enough of. We saw everything from stings rays to turtles parrot fish, saw it all - it was like swimming in a fish tank. Water was like bath water. Just beautiful.
The beach was also sprinkled with alot of little bars and restaurants. Really no need to go all-inclusive - there is a ton of food and drink places steps away from the Henry Morgan with much better food.
Water taxi's are available all along the beach and for $3pp, will take you on a 5 minute ride to West End - a cute touristy town where you can eat (Cannibal Cafe - yum!!) and drink and watch the gorgeous sunset!!! At night - it could cost you $5pp to get a ride back. Cabs are cheaper ($3-5 for all) but take about 15 minutes to get back from West End.
All and all, this was a fantastic vacation. If I had to do it again - knowing what I know now, I would have stayed at Infinity Bay (a few steps away from Henry Morgan and folks we talked to who were staying their said it was "amazing"), I would have NOT gone all inclusinve (to many 2 for one dinners available, and 2 for one drinks)
Another thing - pack LIGHT, no need for ANYTHING dressier than shorts and a t-shirt (both men and women) dressed up folks stuck out like a sore thumb.
If you don't dive or snorkle - go somewhere else - little to do her but that - but that's what we came for!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Henry Morgan is an All Inclusive Resort located in the best beach of Roatan, West Bay. Our mission is to anticipate and deliver on the dreams and expectations of every guest's perfect holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Henry Morgan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Henry Morgan Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Henry Morgan
- Henry Morgan Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras