“Heaven on Earth”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
London, Canada
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed January 20, 2011

This was one of our best holidays EVER!! First off; I want to give a Huge Shout Out~ to Roberto; the manager. After our wonderful experience at your beautiful resort; I was saddened to read the negative press you got here. For someone who doesn't speak english; you sure know the universal language for Friendliness, and Service. Both my husband and I wish you termendous success at your upcoming Triathalon!! To "Ziggy" and Jenny; our friends at the Best Bar in West Bay. Thank you for taking such good care of us all week. You will not be forgotten. The drinks were fresh, with real juice and this was such a lovely surprise! Lucie and Patrick of Sunwing- It was a seemless transition from airport to Hotel. Very well organized. The two of you; were such a joy to get to know. Thanks for all your assistance! You are appreciated! Finally to our lovely chambermaid; wait staff; maintenence; and servers at Paradise. You are the Pride of your resort. Thank you thank you!!!

Now~ On to the important things..
Roatan is a beautiful, lush, rainforest. West Bay has one of the nicest beaches we've ever seen. White powder sand, blue/green water. Different beaches may not be white sand (Sandy Beach for example is darker) It sits on the second largest barrier reef in the world. It is a DIVING , Snorkling holiday. There are other things to do; rent scooters, bikes, go ziplining- check out West End etc. But I felt the primary reason to visit was to enjoy the people, the beach and enjoy the adventure. Paradise Beach Resort is THE BEST of the Henry Morgan Properties we experienced while there. It is the most intimate; beautifully landscaped; perfectly situated; with by far the best beach bar in West Bay. Everyone would say so.. The 3 star rating of this resort is no reflection of the experience; but rather the amenities on the property. This resort does not have a huge pool, kids club, room service; spa or gym. This is a holiday for Beach Lovers, looking to relax and get away from it all. It is a quaint, small, hospitable gem- tucked away; and secluded from the cruise day traffic. They even have a rule that the chairs are only for the guests! The staff work tirelessly to keep the grounds clean and debris free. The beach in front of the resort was simply outstanding. Some of the best snorkling we've ever done; was off the beach- a two minute walk down. Completely Free!! We never waited for a drink, a chair a towel or maid service. It was Top Notch. The food was great~ I cannot state this enough. It was healthy, fresh and plentiful. I give this resort and their staff 5 stars for going above and beyond whenever possible. I have so much I'd love to share about what you can expect if you are travelling; so please feel free to e-mail me directly!! alisejulia@yahoo.com
I've also included some photos.

Cheers~
Alise and Jay
London, Canada

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank alisejulia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2011

My husband and I just returned from Paradise Beach Club and can't wait to go back!

The resort is small and quaint with beautiful landscaping and nothing but friendly staff who are willing to bend over backwards for you . I must add that Roberto, the manager, was nothing but friendly and smiling every day that we saw him and Canadians were treated JUST AS WELL as any Italian guests by everyone there..
Our room was more than adequate- we loved the huge private veranda that we could sit out and read or have a drink. The safe was standard and housed passports, cameras, ipods, etc. ( I fail to see how any "malfunction" could damage anything..unless the thing imploded!). Our king sized bed was adorned every day by beautiful flowers and towel-art, and the room was very clean. We had only one issue- when we got to our room a leaking air conditioner unit was causing a bit of a puddle on the floor, however the staff quickly repaired in within minutes and mopped up any water.
The restaurant was small and lovely, and almost open-air. The food was very good with quite a bit of variety every day and the staff were phenomenal.
On our last night, they had a beautiful dinner around the pool complete with candles, soft music and floating flowers...it was a fabulous send off.
One of our favourite spots was the beach bar- a sophisticated kind of "tiki-hut" right on the beach. Ziggy, Jenny and the staff were tons of fun and made excellent drinks- I have to say they were the best all-inclusive cocktails that I have EVER had- and I've been to several resorts... can't beat decent spirits, REAL fruit juices and no line ups!
Our Sunwing reps, Lucy and Patrick were warm, friendly people who cared very much about their clients' stay...we hope they are both there when we return next winter!

All in all, Paradise Beach Resort has been my favourite resort of all time and one that I can't wait to return to...next week would be nice!!!
If you are looking for a quiet (yet social), tropical, "sensual" resort where you can kick back and relax, then this is the place for you....ENJOY!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hazel38
Kingston, ON
Reviewed January 11, 2011

I don't think the previous reviewers could have stayed at this hotel! We just returned and it was the best all inclusive small resort that we've ever stayed at (and we've stayed at many!). The staff and manager were all very friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. The rooms and balconies (and bathrooms) were large, clean and charming. The grounds were beautifully kept and it was much quieter than the bigger resorts on the beach. It was our favourite hotel on the beach and had the best beach bar for sure (although the loud music gets a bit much during the day). The food was more than adequate, lots of fresh fruit, salad selections and desserts, and a variety of main dishes. If you want five star food then go to a five star hotel! It's too bad about all the cruise ship people filling the beach on Tues, Wed and Thursday but that's our only complaint. Do day trips away from the beach on those days. The snorkelling is fabulous right off the beach and the trip to Cayos Cochinos was unforgettable. Our day trips to West End were fun as well (you can walk there in about an hour or water or land taxi in 10 minutes). And don't miss the coffee beans being freshly roasted right up the beach $5/lb. Also the wine bar next door was one of our favourite places. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank vaquera
Reviewed January 7, 2011

The hotel has some nice features. Great preservation of mature palms and a nice beach bar. The bathrooms are grotesque. The food is actually decent for an all inclusive. The manager, Roberto, is rude, inefficient, and aloof. the hotel staff damaged my camera and iphone when their safe malfunctioned: the managern thought it was amusing that they causd over 1000$ damage to my stuff. The sunwing staff were weak at their best. They collected our luggage six hours before ournflight departed. We were shuttled to the airport 5 hours early, had checked in and cleared customs with three hours to spare. West bay and Honduras are great; the locals are nice. Go visit, but avoid this resort and Henry Morgan's cartel on west bay. Try bananarama resort or infinity bay; they look nice. Avoid the manager Roberto; he can singlehandedly ruin a vacation.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank chica41
King City, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We spent 7 days at Paradise Bay over Xmas, 2010. This was our third trip to Roatan, and first stay at Paradise with an all inclusive. It was a Sunwing vacation. Our first trip to Roatan was 15 years ago.
The bulk of the visitors at Paradise were Canadian, with a few US, Spanish and Italians thrown in. You are marked by the bands you wear, with the Canadians wearing red, US yellow, Italian green etc. The bands let the workers know what meal/drink plan you are on.
Rooms, which were the ground floor of a small villa, was quite nice and quiet. Our soap, if used only once was changed daily..this drove me crazy! I got to hiding the soap so we could continue using it. What a waste! The rooms need a window..the only air flow was the sliding glass door which had to be left partially open at night as I hate air conditioning!
Service was great and workers always smiled and greeted you and spoke when spoken to. Outdoor cabanna for eating was nice as was the beach drink cabanna. The drinks were nice..but (as a former bar tender with the knowledge of a GOOD drink) , I had to ask for MUCHO...example a Pina Colada..ask for 'Mucho colada' and your drink wiil have a punch!
Food was repetitive and rather bland for our Canadian taste. They needed more island food. It was set for a typical American palate. Surprisingly, a tourist from New Jersey actually stated that he did not like the addition of the island food! All the food needed some spices. The food was all made at Henry Morgan and then brought to the 5 hotels Henry Morgan manages. Although we were able to go to ANY of the HM hotel restaurants, we elected to stay at Paradise since the food was the same anyway and there were not too many people as the eating cabanna will only hold about 35 people at a time. Note that I did get Filet Mignon on Xmas day that was RAW! Since we were eating around the pool with low light, I had taken a couple swallows before I realized..I had some stomach discomfort after that!!
Health issues!!!!
I am Hyper Glycemic and am supposed to eat at certain times. The food was always an hour late for me as lunch starts at 1 and dinner at 7. This should be considered for anyone with the same affliction.
I also have allergies to honey, all bean products including peanuts, and corn. The servers did not have enough English skills to be able to advise me for my allergies. There were MANY foods with products I could not eat, I found. There was a woman staying at the resort with very good English, French and Spanish skills. She translated clearly that I had allergies, but the servers still could not tell me what was in the food! I was unable to eat ANY mixed food including salads and all the soups. I had to stick with the unmixed dishes and simple foods. Note that there were NO peanut dishes. This is one area that the HM resorts could increase efficiency! Allergies are taken very seriously in Canada!
I did not mention the beach yet. It was kept very clean and had to be swept daily. The cruise ships made the beach very crowded on the days that they came, 4 per week. The litter from the tourists is disgusting..I spent each walk picking up straws, cups and bottles from the beach and waters edge. Snorkeling on the reef was great, although we have seen a huge increase in floating litter and a HUGE decrease in fish life. Although the reef is supposedly protected, the area outside the reef has been practically fished out. Since the reef is only one area a fish might stay, it is becoming less populated as the fish outside are taken. I picked floating plastic debris every time I was in the water.
Note to all: Pick it up! Don't drop it down!!! Act locally..think globally!
All in all, we would go back to this resort.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ibuycdn
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I picked this hotel due to it being "All Inclusive"...my package had airport transfer to/from included. I waited 45-mins-1hr for bus to show up. All the other resort buses came and went, but not for Paradise. I had to spend $25 for cab ride to hotel only for them to tell me the transfer is a courtesy and not guaranteed. I spoke to the manager - Anna and she said there was nothing that can be done, that they do not offer refunds. She could've at least offered to pay for cab ride to West End or something. She could learn alot from service personnel who cater to the guests better. As for the food, not good...I was expecting to eat more of the "local food" but instead had bland turkey and gravy...what a bummer. Beach was wonderful, snorkeled and scuba dived it was exceptional. Etertainment lacked, instead walked next door to Bananarama...great move on my end. Will come back, but will stay at a different hotel and pay extra.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed April 30, 2010

We enjoyed this hotel mostly due to the price and location. It has a great beach that's a short walk away, a cool open air bar. When we went it was all inclusive which was a nice touch except that the food with the exception of breakfast, was pretty weak. The food at lunch and dinner was either bland or just not good. The service in the restaurant was great but the food wasn't.
The front desk team was not experienced in the ways of top service but they got the job done.
If we were going back to the island we'd check out another option since there are numerous hotels now.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple