Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort
$261
$171
Hotels.com
West Bay Lodge and Spa(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$140
$398
$219
$353
Orbitz.com
Paradise Beach Hotel(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$203
  • Breakfast included
Foster's West Bay(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$109
$611
Orbitz.com
1,039 results
All reviewssan simona la carte restaurantswest endliving roomfishsunwing repall inclusive packagebottled watersand fleasday passan excursioncruise shipdive resortpool viewocean frontwater taxifull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2010

i stayed here and had a great time. the food is so so, but i only had the breakfast so i cant speak for the other meals. i stayed at Infinity Bay Resort before coming here and thought that infinity bay is a step above in class, but it also was $100 more per day. my room at the mayan was nice and clean with a nice view. the pool was nice, but not on par with infinity bay. they seem to have a problem with getting towels. i waited for hours and only got my towels after getting very angry with the front desk. other than that the staff was very helpful. there is a little shopping center with a nice deli very close by so food can always be had. if you want to get a bottle of rum or whatever you have to go to the west end, west bay is dry. the best place for a real meal is the Lighthouse, great food for a great price. best way to get there is a water taxi. dont try to walk there. i did and it wasnt fun. all in all a nice place to stay. is infinity bay worth $100 more a day? for me i liked the extra money in my pocket. i liked it and would go back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank turbo
Reviewed July 19, 2010

When I first found the Mayan Princess online, it looked beautiful, was located in one of the best beach areas in Roatan, and was reasonably priced. I reserved a pool view room for a week, and I got the American package , which just includes breakfast instead of all three meals which they also offered. Upon arriving, it lived up to my expectations in almost every way. The hotel grounds are beautifully manicured, it is steps away from one of the most beautiful beaches and is in an altogether great location. Then the next day, my boyfriend and I got up excited about going to breakfast. It was a big disappointment. They offer some decent stuff, like the french toast was good and the pancakes, which they offer with honey and some weird syrup I didn't personally like. They do have an omelet station which is decent; Other than that it was not good. They serve these nasty hot dog like sausages every day as your only meat option. One day they had bacon, which was great, then I didn't see it again for the rest of the week.
They serve beans with a weird sauce, which I didn't try and am glad I didn't. Also a breakfast soup concoction that looked sketchy as well. We looked at the lunch and dinner buffets just to see what they offered, and they didn't look good either. We were glad we didn't go for the all inclusive meal plan, because the food at the other restaurants on the island was great. I especially recommend a place called Bite on the Beach. Excellent lobster dinner for only $17! If you stay at the Mayan, definitely don't get the meal plan. Otherwise, the location and service are excellent.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dcsfinest
Reviewed July 13, 2010

My family and I took a cruise to the Western Carribbean on Celebrity's Solstice. The last stop was Roatan, Honduras. I expected Honduras to be the "dump stop" as every cruise has at least one. To us, dump stop has two meanings. It's either where the cruise line has to stop to dump their excess garbage or it's the underdeveloped town where there is nothing to do. I suspected Roatan was it but much to our surprise it was far from it! Everyone speaks English or at least tries to understand. We bypassed the cruise excursion and paid $20 round trip per person to the Mayan Princess Hotel on the Westend. We heard this was the place to go if you wanted American style comfort. The Mayan Princess did not let us down. The area has some of the most beautiful beaches and mountain top vistas I've ever seen. The snorkeling was superior right off the beach, but if you want to see turtles, caverns, abundant coral reefs and brightly colored fish, take a boat off the beach for an hour for $15 per person, all equipment included. That was an awesome experience! There were no sand fleas at the beach there as others mentioned. Pay an extra $10 to access the Mayan Princess facilities; showers, lounge chairs, shade, pool, restaurants, bar. They are the only ones with a large and meandering, freshwater pool with waterfalls. Quite refreshing after the sun dries up the salt water in your hair and skin. Don't let anyone at the port tell you they offer towels. Noone does-bring your own no matter what you're told. My family would fly into Roatan and stay at this resort!

Reviewed July 9, 2010

We did not stay here, but after some research decided to dive with this shop. The people were so nice and helpful. The boat was also great. I don't think we could have had a better diving experience. Not only is this a great location for diving, but the Mayan Princess dive shop helped us have a great trip!! We will be back for sure!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank moochelle1
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We stayed at the Mayan Princess the first week of May, 2010. Resort is small (49 rooms) but the grounds and rooms are fantastic. There are 10, 2 storey buildings each of which houses 4 rooms and then there is the tower which has the other 9 rooms, reception and meeting rooms in it.
The weak point of the resort is the food, which is uneventful and often cold. There is only one buffet restaurant on the resort. If you stay here, plan to go out to the many local restaurants to break up the monotony of the Mayan Princesses menu.
Beach is fine white sand, and then a coral reef which makes for great snorkeling. The snorkeling is particularly good if you walk to the cliffs about 5 minutes west along the beach. We saw turtles, sting rays huge parrot fish and even a lion fish snorkeling in this area.
There is a scuba diving center on site and they operate a very professional business. Two morning dives and one afternoon dive each day. Most of the dive sites are within a 10 minute boat ride. While the reefs are in poor shape (bleached and brown in colour) for the most part, there are many small fish, a few hawkbill turtles, rays and nurse sharks around. The reef wall edge has many fissures running through it creating some interesting swim throughs and a few tunnels.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple