“Amazing resort !!!”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Montréal
“Amazing resort !!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I was at Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort for a one week dive vacation.I had mainly chosen this resort for it’s dive center located on the resort.

I was invited to proceed to my room following a rapid and very efficient check in. Front desk employes were very friendly, efficient and answered my questions on the spot … and don’t go looking for your luggage, they are being taken to your room !!!

As you step out of the front desk area, a feast to the eyes surrounds you as you walk towards your room.

The resort’s grounds are impecable, very clean and have plenty of colorfull vegetation.

My three appartment room was beyond my expectations. A living room with satellite TV, full kitchen with microwave, sleeping quarters with a queen size bed, a well complimented bathroom and a superbe balcony with an awesome view at the pool.

The food is the only negative point. Not that it was bad, but I would rate it 3 ½ stars. Not at par with the 4 ½ stars rating for the resort !!! And prices at the ¨À la carte¨ restaurant are pretty steap. 36$US for lobster and 19$US for Ceasar salad !!! I passed.

Resort employes are very friendly and efficient and eager to please.

Anja and Libar, proud owners of Mayan Divers dive center, and the DMs made my diving experience absolutly inforgettable. One day because the sea was rough, all our gear was packed on a bus and we went diving of the other side of the island instead of simply cancelling the day …

I have made new friends in Roatan and I can’t wait to go back !!!! Soon !!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Shark_tamer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Fort Frances On.
Reviewed February 21, 2010

We were originally scheduled for Infinity Bay and were switched at the last minute too. I have been to many AI resorts and new ahead of time that Roatan was different. I guess I still expected a little more than what they actually offer for their all inclusive option. We arrived and rooms weern't ready so went to get a drink. I asked for a Miami Vice and promptly told its not on the all inclusive drink list and I'd have to pay. I asked if I could have a Pina Colada, and that was a yes. I asked if I could have a strawberry Daiquiri and that was also a yes. So I said are you aware that a Miami vice is just half and half of each? He said yes he knew what it was but still not allowed to give it to. So I asked for 1 of each and an extra glass and made my own in front of him. We soon figured out that a buck here and there and he'd make them for me, but shhhhhh! Many items not available on the drink list, too numerous to mention. We had an ocean front 2nd floor condo which was great. Many times there was no water at all, and 3 different times the maid cleaned our room and left no towels at all. We were always told they were drying. There were no hair dryers, but you could ask for 1 at the front desk, they have many there. The pool area is very nice, but the swim up bar was never open and nobody ever came to see if you needed anything. It was ok though because we rarely could get a chair at the pool. You see when the cruise ships are in, sometimes 3 or 4 at a time brings 9000 people or more to the beach and many choose to pay $10.00 to come to our hotel. This defeated the purpose for us to try a smaller scale hotel with more personal service. All these extra people around meant we could never find a chari by the pool, and definately couldn't get a shade chair under a palapa at the tables. I felt kind of put out that I was a fully paying guest at a small resort and we were bombarded by the cruise shippers invading our pool area. I think they should only be allowed at the beach. The beach is beautiful, the water crystal clear and very warm. The snorkelling was awesome with the best coral I've ever seen. We did find most of the staff very friendly, I really liked Jesus at the front desk, and Marti in the bar restaurant area. On another note I'm still not sure why they really took Infinity Bay off the roster. People say because you had to pay if you ordered from the restaurant, well the same is true at the Mayan. You have to pay if you want a burger or something from the menu. Thats just not right. So now the question is would I recommend this hotel? I still don't really know. I understand the island has never been known as an all inclusive destination and this is a first for this hotel this year. But they really have no clue what all inclusive really means. I would definately go back to Roatan, but would never again do an all inclusive there. As for the sand fleas, I never got bit at all, but people we met were chewed alive and no amount of bug spray helped them. Not sure why they like some and not others, just know that bug spray won't help you if they decide they like you.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
MayanPrincessResort, Guest Relations Manager at Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort, responded to this review, July 28, 2010
We take pride in our pool area, surrounded by lush foliage, bridges, fountains and waterfalls, and we're sorry to hear this guest had issues with finding a chair near the pool due to visiting cruise passengers. We have now limited the number of cruise ship passengers allowed at the resort in order to leave more space available for our resort guests and have assigned a specific area for them so chairs are not removed from the pool area.

As for problems with the all inclusive option, it’s true that Roatan is not known for the same all-inclusive services that you may find elsewhere in the Caribbean. That being said, we do offer two different restaurants. The first restaurant is a buffet restaurant and is part of the all inclusive package. As we like to provide choice for our customers, we also offer an a la carte restaurant where customers can pay extra to eat different types of food off a menu. Additionally, we put on a barbecue every Saturday which is totally free for our all inclusive guests.
ottawa
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We were one of the groups re-routed from IB to Mayan Princess. It is the best of the bunch. Very small resort so everything is close to your room. Beautiful beach, pool and apartments. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. No blow dryers in the rooms, bring your own and if you like to have a coffee early in the morning, bring your own with creamer, there is a coffee pot in the room. Breakfast doesn't start till about 7:30 so it's nice to have a coffee on your patio in the morning. There were some power outages so bring a little flashlight. We also had a few mornings where the water was shut off because of problems but it didn't last long. We had 3 floods in our room from the hot water system but luckily none of our things were on the floor so they just came in and mopped up. They did their best to try and repair it as quickly as possible. Clean towels are hard to get sometimes but eventually you can get them, it's so hot there you don't really need a towel except to lay on the loungers. Swim up bar is not open but we never had a problem getting servers with a smile and a few tips.
Sand fleas are a problem for some, Muskol is the recommended bug spray if you are suseptible.
Food is very plain but always plentiful, no one should go hungry. Wouldn't recommend eating the fruit, we only found out after getting home that cantelope there is easily contaminated. 5 out of 14 of us got sick. Bring some imodium.
You're only given 2 small bottles of water in your room but you can purchase more at the bar, at the store (5 minute walk) or they have a dispenser at the buffet where you can refill your bottles or get cups of water for free.
Never had a problem getting a lounge chair on the beach or at the pool, they'll move them around for you if you ask.
Very casual, spent the whole week barefeet in a bathing suit, even to eat.
It's certainly not a regular "all-inclusive" but very beautiful and very relaxing. Friendly, safe enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank funinthesunOttawa
Minnesota
Reviewed February 16, 2010

We arrived in Roatan via cruise ship. When we asked our cab driver (who was amazing by the way) for a recommendation on where to eat and hang out on a beach, he took us to the Mayan Princess. He told us that it was a nominal fee to rent chairs, use the restaurant and use their beach. When we got there, the gate guard said that he thought the restaurant was full but that he'd check. He came back and said no one knew for sure if they were full, but that he'd let us in anyway. When we got there, there was NO ONE in the restaurant. When we sat down, it took 10 minutes for our server to come over. We all ordered and after another 10 minutes he came back and said that what I ordered (which was on the menu) they didn't have. Then it was another 20 minutes before the food came out. After we ate, it took another 20 minutes for him to bring our checks and they weren't even checks. He came over with a pad of paper and wrote down everything he could remember us ordering and then proceeded to do the math in his head!! When I handed him my card, he took it and then told me he'd check to see if their credit card machine was working. After a few minutes he came back and said that it wasn't working, so I asked if he would take a traveler's check and he said yes. After I filled it out, he came back and said that he was wrong, they didn't take them. After a few minutes of trying to figure out how to pay, I realized that he'd never given me my credit card back! When I asked him for it, he claimed he didn't know what I was talking about until I asked to speak with management...then all of a sudden he was able to find my card!! Also, there was only one single outdoor restroom stall for the entire restaurant and it didn't even have soap. While the beach was absolutely beautiful, I wouldn't go back there simply due to the complete idiocracy of the staff.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Mayan Princess Beach Resort welcomes cruise ship passengers to our resort, but unfortunately the taxi drivers that chauffeur tourists to us do not always give the correct information. There is a cost of $10 to be admitted to our resort as a cruise passenger; this cost includes use of our pool and beach, but all other services are at an extra cost.

We apologize for what these guests experienced at our restaurant, and agree that they did not receive professional service. We have now changed our restaurant staff to provide a better service for our customers and to ensure something like this never happens again.
Toronto
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Mayan Princess, West End – Roatan, Honduras

Anyone who thought of staying at Infinity Bay and has the opportunity to change their reservation to the Mayan Princess – GO FOR IT!! It is an absolute Gem!!
The Mayan Princess is managed by HM resort group (Henry Morgan) and is tucked away between the Henry Morgan Resort and Las Siriana. It is comprised of 14 4 unit condo’s, 2 ground level and two 2nd stories spaciously spread apart, with the best pool on the beach, winding throughout the middle of the property.

Overall Impression:
We have never experienced in all our travels an entire group of staff that could not go more out of their way to help you with anything you wanted or needed. Always friendly,
forever smiling and always willing to strike up conversation.

Property is maintained exceptionally well, lush with plenty mature trees, gardens, hedges. Poolside is kept immaculate with no empty cups or bottles lying around.
Beach is a few minute walk from your condo and is raked daily and kept immaculate.
Beach loungers are ample both around the pool and on the beach, again kept immaculate.

Rooms/Condos are all in wonderful shape with ample of space, cleaned daily and modernly furnished. Always had hot water, air condition always worked and each room had a fan as well for those not wanting to have cooler rooms to sleep in. TV has plenty of American feeds and full kitchens provide you with all the comforts of home.
The only minor detail is that you must bring your own hairdryer if required.

Restaurant and Bar: This hotel for the all inclusive package guests only has buffet style meals. It does however also have available a menu for an additional cost.
At the buffet, we were very satisfied with the amount of variations at each meal. Tons of fruit, great salads, always vegetables with at least two protein choices. Their chocolate cake and vanilla cakes for desert are absolutely to dye for… we already are craving them!

Entertainment: The entertainment staff is from HM and posts daily activities and is “great” to let you know of events going on at all the other resorts.
The Mayan is a bit quite (which was perfect for us!), but if you wish for a more exciting crowd, just step next door to Henry Morgan via a 2 minute beach walk and you can have the best of both worlds.

Mayan Dive Centre: As our vacation was for the main purpose of diving, it was nice to have this dive shop available right on site. The shop provides all levels of certification if required and accommodates all level of divers with friendliness and professionalism. Anja and Liber Barnet are the owners of this Centre which we could not say enough about! As we were there for two weeks they insured we did not dive any sites twice if we did not want.
Diving with this Centre and the amazing reef in this part of the world is nothing but extraordinary and definitely ranks among our top 2 places we have dove!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ScubaRobToronto
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2010

As a preface to reading this review please know the following:

I stayed all inclusive at the 4* Mayan Princess by default. I had originally booked an all inclusive package for the new luxury 5 * Infinity Bay condominium resort which is just a short walk down the beach from the Mayan Princess. I don’t like to stay less than 5*.

As it turns out Infinity Bay misrepresented their ability to offer an all inclusive package because they HAD NO RESTAURANT!! Many people booked this property through Sunwing and had to be re-routed to other resorts on West Bay. This was not Sunwing’s fault and they have since discontinued selling packages to Infinity Bay. IT WAS INFINITY BAY’S FAULT. Because of the volatile political situation last year in Honduras Roatan’s tourism industry died. The property management at Infinity Bay tried to pull a fast one to book units…it backfired!!

I had seen Roatan in previous years in the tour operators packages but no 5* all inclusive properties that appealed to me. The amazing snorkeling literally at your doorstep in West Bay of course is the reason to come to this area. Great snorkeling is my main interest on any tropical holiday. I wouldn’t stay at the Mayan Princess again BUT at least I finally got to discover the best snorkeling I have ever come across. I am very glad that Infinity Bay “baited” the hook and got me there. I have snorkeled in Grand Cayman, Mexico (Cozumel, Akumal, Puerto Morelos) and Cuba. Roatan blows them all away. I also spoke with a women I met on the beach here and she had been to Hawaii and said the coral was way better in Roatan. The coral heads right off the beach in West Bay are 30-40 feet high and you can see right to the bottom. Amazing healthy coral variety and formations. Water Clarity is crystal clear. White sand…calm turquoise water. The earliest I ever got in the water was about 9:30 am…but next time I am going to make a point of getting in earlier…the earlier….the more fish feeding. However at anytime there were always many varieties of fish to see. I have never seen coral like this before. It looked like mountain ranges under water. Very cool. If you love snorkeling YOU MUST COME HERE. Go soon because this island is in transition. Groceries etc are still very inexpensive on the island…the same price as here or cheaper. But there is a lot of building…new upscale condos etc. Once the Roatanians “figure it out” I think stuff is going to get really expensive.

The resorts in West Bay are “accommodation” based. Even though some do offer “all inclusive” services and are sold as such they are not “all inclusive” resorts in the true sense…not like the beautiful places in the Mayan Riviera. They are bare minimum all inclusive so if you chose to go all inclusive to Roatan prepare yourself for a 3 star (or less) food, beverage and dining experience.

If you are looking for a glitzy, glamorous, 5 star all inclusive holiday…Roatan IS NOT the place for you. This is a very casual place and you need not bring anything more than really casual summer clothing.

All that being said here is the low down on the Mayan Princess:

Food…I would describe the food offered (and the way it was presented) as similar to a 3 star hunting lodge up north. Nothing fancy but you won’t starve. You also must keep in mind that everything in Roatan is brought from the Mainland. If the resort or stores on the island run out of something…you won’t be getting it until the next supply boat comes. For example the first five days there was no yogurt at breakfast….all of a sudden on the last two days they had yogurt. Breakfast consisted of lots of fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, eggs sunny side up, sausage, pancakes, French toast. They had whole wheat and white bread for toast. For lunch and supper there was always chicken, pork and a fish plus a rice, potatoes, cooked vegetable, salad and soup. If you like dessert you had better bring some chocolate bars or go to the grocery store when you get to Roatan because the only desert they had was one slab cake that I didn’t even bother to try. I am not a dessert person so I was fine. They did have a nice kind of sweet loaf bread at breakfast and lunch so you could always stock pile that in your room and have it with some tea when you got back to the room after dinner.

Dining Room….The dining room was simple and open air. As well you could take food out to the tables around the beach bar which we really enjoyed as the ocean is right there.

Bar…With the all inclusive package you could only drink “imperial” beer…if you wanted a corona you had to pay for it. There was a list of “only” certain mixed drinks that you could have…anything else you would have to pay for. We survived. If you want nice wine bring your own or buy at the grocery store down there…they have some nice Chilean wine in the stores.

Drinking water…When we arrived in our unit there were only 2 small bottles in the frig. You need to drink only bottled water so that isn’t hardly even enough to brush your teeth with. We go through a lot of water and had to pay $5 for a 5 gallon container.….some other people had a 5 gallon container in there unit when they arrived??? Don’t know why we didn’t. However we discovered on the second last day that there is drinking water in the dining room in a cooled dispenser by the juices. We didn’t really feel like we should have to pay for drinking water.

Cruisers…We did not find the people from the cruise boats to be a problem. They had a little section on the beach with chairs reserved for them…i.e. if they wanted to pay $10 they could use the chair and use the washroom facilities. You can check on line to see how many cruise ships are arriving on what day…as you know can’t write a website here…but start with googling “cruisett” and you can find the schedule for when the cruise ships will be docking. Some days there are 3-4 ships in. It does pay to know as you can plan around these. For example on the Tuesday we were there 3 cruise ships came so that day we hired a local boat guy to take us out for 4 hours and we did a tour of the coast line and he took us to Spooky Channel and Blue Channel to snorkel.

Renting a car…You can rent a car through the front desk. We had a small SUV and it was in total $55 for the day and you just bring it back with the same amount of gas in it as when you got it. The island is small so you really don’t need to put much gas in. We drove all around the island…put $25 worth of gas in car….way too much…returned it with much more gas than was necessary…$15 would have more than sufficed. As the roads are hilly and curvy no one is driving major highway speeds so it is quite easy to drive the island. We were two girls on our annual girl friend get away holiday and we felt very safe bopping around on our own. We turned down a lot of side roads to check out the little villages and everyone was friendly. We got kind of lost in a run down neighbourhood in French Harbour…that was a little stressful to get out of…but we were not in any danger…just felt a little out of our comfort zone.

The View…..A nice view from a restaurant called “The View”…the restaurant is not open right now..you can get someone to point it on the map where it is for you….they give you a really nice map when you rent a car. However if you pass by here in the near future PLEASE take something to feed a little calico cat about 5 months old that hangs out there…I was in tears having to leave that little cat there. The island is very pretty as there is elevation in the middle so lots of different vistas.

Mayan Princess units..our unit was immaculate, had recently been painted and was pretty. Nice balcony…stayed on the second floor.

Noisy…Both of us are “noise sensitive” and we did find it a bit noisy for sleeping here. The “central air” unit was in a closet in the middle of the unit and was quite noisy. Most nights there was some sort of music playing at the beach bar and some nights it was really noisy. If you tend to go to bed early try to request a room as far back from the beach bar as possible. Because the air conditioner was so noisy we couldn’t stand to have it on so we had to open the windows at night. From the bedroom you could hear other air conditioners buzzing away and from the living room (I was sleeping in the living room) the frig was noisy (fixed that turned it off every night…had no food in it.)

Fold out couch..it was my turn to take the fold out couch on this trip. It is not a full size pull out couch…it is about 5’ long if that..I am 5’7” so I slept diagonally and I just fit. If you are a person that has a bad back you will be in traction if you have to sleep on this fold out couch as it sags in the middle. Luckily I have a strong back so I was fine.

Air conditioning…worked but was noisy.

Screens ripped…one of the screens in windows was missing and several others were ripped.

Linens/towels…Sheets were very clean and only changed every two days. We had a major problem with getting towels. Several of the days the maid cleaned the room and left no towels. They do not have a large enough supply of towels as they were always “waiting for them to come out of the dryer”…then one day the dryer was broken. I was complaining about having no towels and the fellow at the front desk said they didn’t have enough because “We are really full”. I guess they got a lot of extra business from people being re-routed from Infinity Bay and they obviously do not have a large enough supply of towels.

Staff…most were very friendly, some were friendly if you were friendly with them and we had a lot of fun with them….some were indifferent.

Contrary to what the websites say about Roatan not everyone speaks English on the island. I was in my glory because I speak a lot of Spanish and I choose to vacation on tropical holidays where I can speak Spanish. The people that didn’t speak English were most likely from the mainland in Honduras and of course only spoke Spanish.

Islanders…extremely friendly, gentle and polite. All seemed happy to be living here and not much desire to leave. All the teenage kids were dressed nicely had cool cargo type jam shorts on…better dressed than I would have expected…looked like they just came from the mall!! Every one has a “cell” phone…not many people on the island have land lines…it was just funny to see as it seemed everywhere you looked the islanders were talking on their cell phones.

Vip bracelet…we were susposed to get a VIP bracelet (because of all the hassle of Sunwing re-routing us from Infinity Bay) that would allow us to eat and drink at the Henry Morgan whenever we wanted to..even though I had double checked with my travel agent before I left to ensure that we would get one…it wasn’t provided. I couldn’t be bothered spending time out of my holiday to chase down the Sunwing rep down there. Case in point if Sunwing has promised you this VIP bracelet get it in WRITING before you go so you have something to show the Mayan Princess folks.

Henry Morgan….we did go over to check out Henry Morgan. Our pool and property was much prettier. Their rooms are more rustic and are quite far back from the beach. They do have a large air conditioned restaurant which was set a ways back from the beach. It was noisy and felt like a cafeteria. The food was the very same. Most of the food at the Mayan Princess came from the Henry Morgan…some stuff was made at Mayan Princess…i.e. the pancakes for breakfast. The Henry Morgan had a large lobby and lobby bar…but this was set back from the water. We didn’t care for it. We liked the Mayan Princess property much better and we didn’t even eat at the Henry Morgan.

Grocery stores…If I went again I would stay at Infinity Bay and book directly through an owner…check out vrbo…just grab some groceries for the room for breakfast and lunch on the way from the airport…go out for a few dinners. There are large modern grocery stores in Coxen Hole, French Harbour. There is a small store a 5 minute walk away from the Mayan Princess…but it is more expensive than the large grocery stores…just like a convenience store would be here. But it is handy if you need something.

Infinity bay..the units at Infinity Bay are beautiful. They are comparable to a condo you would buy in Canada or the US. They are definitely the most upscale accommodations (and new) on West Bay.

Pool…very pretty…with nice floral gardens…but pool bar was not open???

Eddy..there is a fellow named Eddy who owns about 4 boats. He has a dock with a little hut on it that says “Water taxi” in West End right by the barefoot bar. He is nice gentleman..worked on cruise ships for ten years when he was younger so he is quite worldly and speaks good English. We went out with his brother Homer for four hours in one of the water taxi boats…this is who we went to Spooky Channel and Blue channel with. No ladder in the boat…very comical trying to get me out of the boat. I did not have the arm strength to hoist myself out of the water so my friend and Homer had to pull me into the boat like an old fat whale…too bad we didn’t get it on video. I’d rather give these local guys the money though.

Walking to West End…nice beach walk into West End from West Bay…you have to walk in the water in certain sections and across a high metal bridge over a canal…takes about 45 minutes…west end has some funky little bars, restaurants, and trinket shops.

Bite on the Beach…went here for dinner one night….really cool. There are about 3 or 4 moray eels that hang around here at night. They go out farther in the ocean during the day to feed but them come in close to the rocks by shore for the evening. Lius, our server, threw fish in the water for them….there are big spotlights on the water at night…and they came out of their rock hiding spots for the food…Oh my goodness I have only seen their heads poking out of rocks when I have been snorkeling….it is good creepy icky scary fun to see them in totality….woa..they are pretty big…pretty neat to see these in action. It is worth walking down there at night even if you don’t eat there to see this big guys. It is only about 10 minute walk from the Mayan Princess and we felt totally safe walking along West Bay at night. Lots of other people out walking as well and all the resorts just kind of run into each other so it is quite populated.

Snorkeling…Fantastic. Amazing. Phenomenal. Healthy Coral. Lots of fish. JUST GO!!!!! Bring your own equipment you’ll want to be in the water for a long time.

Beach Bar..the beach bar at the Mayan Princess could use some sprucing up…it wasn’t that pretty and played loud music. Sometimes we just wanted peace on the beach in front of the resort. You will hear lots of music on West Bay.

Punta Gorda..on the internet I read that Punta Gorda was a village you could go into and observe the old garifuna culture……WRONG…..absolutely nothing happening here….just another village.

Bugs…Mayan Princess sprays every day for mosquitoes so no mosquitoes at night here. You might want to put repellant on though if you are watching the sunset…this is when the sand fleas are the worst…I didn’t have any bites until I watched the sunset the last 2 days. Apparently sand fleas cannot fly more than 2 feet vertically. My friend got no bites…put no repellant on at all….what is up with that???

Iguana Farm…neat place….talked to the owner Sherman. Should have taken some mosquito repellant here as I got a few bites…didn’t even think to take it with me as there were none at Mayan Princess because of the spraying. Please take wire cutters with you though and break free the squirrel and coati that are going nuts in their small cages.

Underwater Camera..finally bought an Olympus digital underwater camera…still trying to figure out all the features…but it took great underwater videos…which is a great way to capture the snorkeling.

Safety…felt very safe. My friend is running the Boston Marathon for the 5th time this upcoming April so she had to maintain her running training schedule. She ran around the tip of the island on the road and on a trail where West Bay is and felt very safe

Safe…safe in room is the old style with a key…couldn’t program a code in. We just hid the key in our room so as not to have to carry it around with us.

Buy me a Coke – you will find that kids on the beach and others will say…we are thirsty…will you buy us a coke…or something to eat….of course I did…this is a game…this people are making OK money of the tourist industry if they are industrious enough. Some one I talked to told me not to do it and buy the end of the week I understood why…because it is just a little game with them.

Well I guess that is it…Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. If you love snorkeling/diving GO!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
8 Thank Sparkykittycat
oakville
Reviewed February 7, 2010

We were at the Mayan Princess in mid January for 2 weeks. First I must thank the manager, John Piar, the desk clerk Darbia Woods and a waiter, Roger Lazardo for helping us overcome some minor glinches. After that was resolved, we spent 2 wonderful weeks at the Mayan Princess Resort. We had gold wrist bands and I would recommend this upgrade with your travel agent to these gold bands. We were able to access all the Henry Morgan resorts on the West Bay beach. We usually had breakfast at the Mayan, lunch at the Paradise Princess and dinner at the Henry Morgan. We had great cappucinos thanks to Ziggy at the Paradise Beach Bar and great service for lunch thanks to Marin!

The entertainment team tries hard to get everyone involved in activities. All the resorts have their own team and they are all young and energetic and eager to make your stay a fun one! If you like to party, then Henry Morgan is the place to go after dark!

The Mayan Princess is a beautiful resort. It has large spacoius rooms, with separate bedrooms and full kitchens. The pool and grounds are all gorgeous. The staff..at all the resorts..were so helpful and courteous. Most of them speak English very well. Roatan is a divers dream and wonderful for snorkelling. You can walk to the end of the bay and bring some bread and banana and feed the fish and the iguanas. The weather was perfect and the pool and ocean were warm!

The cruise ships come into port two or three times a week and that is always fun. You see the population of the place triple. But the resorts always reserve beach loungers for their guests. These extra tourists certainly help the economy of the local vendors. The "boat people" are there for a few hours and then like magic, they are gone and peace is restored.

A word about the food. You must remember that Roatan is not like the other huge resort names..Rui, Sandals, or the Breezes. The Henry Mrogan was really the only resort equipted to be called All Inclusive. It had the only large enclosed dining area. Mayan Princess' eating area was on the patio and if the weather was cold and rainy, I would not like to be there. The food was all right. But it was always the same..day after day..always the same. The dinner was suppose to start at 7:00 but it never opened on time. There were many days it opened at 7:20 ..much too late for families with younger children or for seniors. I must say you never went hungry but they should try to have theme nights and try to bring in some variation to their menu!

There was a lot to do on Roatan. Sunwing offered many tours. Also the local people on the beach were willing to take you around the island for far less money. We rented a car and drove all round and saw the towns and all the natural beauty of Roatan. All the people are very happy to help you out if you needed any assistance.

We had a wonderful holiday and we would be very happy to return to this pictureque paradise!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
#3 of 14 in West Bay
Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort

Been to Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort? Share your experiences!