My boyfriend and I booked a 5 night stay at Mayan Princess Beach and Dive Resort. Our primary goal was to dive with little expectations of anything else. We were so impressed! The staff at the resort was very nice and accommodating at all times. They were very helpful when booking excursions despite there being a slight language barrier. Our beach condo was great and just steps away from the beach. The room was kept very clean on a daily basis. Internet was a bit difficult to access in the room but there was a business room where internet could easily be accessed if needed. We found the food to be very good. There was a variety every day served at the buffet for all meals. We also thoroughly enjoyed the restaurants onsite that we made reservations for each day. We booked our reservations in the morning with no problem around 8:00 AM before heading out for our dives. The food is very similar at the restaurants but you get completely different dining atmospheres. The waitstaff was also very good and made for a great dining experience. The bartenders were excellent! They were always on top of everything! The drinks were great and perfectly made. The only complaint would be the paper cups. I would prefer plastic cups but no big deal at all since we drank the drinks pretty quickly. All in all I was very pleased with the resort. I would suggest to bring bug spray since everyone seems to get bug bites. The water in the rooms is unfiltered so make sure you drink the bottled water given daily in the rooms as well as at the bars/restaurants. The dive center is top notch and full service. I have never been to a dive center where they do everything for you. I could not ask for better people than what was at Mayan Divers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Roatan resort on the island's best beach, Mayan Princess Beach Resort features waterfront hotel accommodations and service. Just steps from your luxurious condo, a white sand beach leads to sparkling turquoise waters, perfect for scuba diving Roatan's spectacular undersea gardens. Nominated for Honduras' Leading Hotel Award in 2007-2010, this Roatan beach resort offers a variety of vacation activities, first-class amenities, and beachfront restaurant. Welcome to paradise and comfortable relaxation in a tropical oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Mayan Princess Beach
- Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras