First....WARNING....make sure when you book through Sunwing that you get the room you asked for. The catalogue is misleading....the day the final payment was due (we had already paid in advance) they told us that we weren't staying in the Mayan Princess...but at Las Sirenis...a hotel they aquired in the previous year. Our agent fought Sunwing but to no avail. Even she was shocked at what they did. They would not refund us nor give us the room we paid for. If we paid another $150 they would upgrade us. NOT!! We ended up with a small room and a bathroom. The room was quaint and clean, but not worth what we paid. It was in a quiet area and a short walk to the Mayan. We met a couple down there and saw the room we were supposed to get. Wow...certainly worth what we did pay (had we gotten it)!! OK...now that that's done...on to the resort and trip. FABULOUS !!! We had such a wonderful, relaxing time. The resort is wonderfully friendly. The food was very good. Good variety, lots of fruit, it was a simple buffet with one line, not all over the restaurant like some other resorts. On Valentine's Day they did a bbq on the beach, very romantic. They did another by the pool. We enjoyed both ala carts offered and they made us feel very special...mmm lobster! Our bed was very comfortable and the maid service was tops. The only two concerns I have about the room is: there was only one chair in the corner. It could have used a small table just to sit by. The other thing is....the entrance door is all glass. The curtain hanging on it was too thin, it allowed images to be seen inside at night when the lights were on. We did the 5 day/10 dive excursion. It was amazing. The Mayan Divers are very professional and they make you feel like family. The captain was extremely helpful with keeping me balanced and safe. They carried my gear to the boat each day...made sure I was taken care of. I saw many, many different spieces of fish, including baracuda, stingrays, cuttle fish, trumpet, cowfish and so much more. My first dive on the coral reef was so amazing. Our Dive Guide, Silvia, was extremely knowledgable and very passionate about diving. Thank you to the Mayan Divers for making my first salt water dive excursion a very positive and memorable experience. The day after we left, the Mayan Divers went out and expanded their business by adding another dive boat. Every morning we did 2 dives. We passed the bar on the way back to the dive shop, they always had our beer ready for us. The afternoons we spent either strolling, reading, relaxing, and/or eating. We spent one afternoon on the Zipline and touring the Gumbalimba Park. Another afternoon we took the water taxi to town. We gained new dive friends and met wonderful people. If you are looking for a resort to dive and relax, and is not over crowded, this is definitely a good choice. We left the resort feeling very content. Would we go again...?? ABSOLUTELY!! We will be bringing friends with us too !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Roatan resort on the island's best beach, Mayan Princess Beach Resort features waterfront hotel accommodations and service. Just steps from your luxurious condo, a white sand beach leads to sparkling turquoise waters, perfect for scuba diving Roatan's spectacular undersea gardens. Nominated for Honduras' Leading Hotel Award in 2007-2010, this Roatan beach resort offers a variety of vacation activities, first-class amenities, and beachfront restaurant. Welcome to paradise and comfortable relaxation in a tropical oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Mayan Princess Beach
- Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras