We had heard great reviews about this hotel, but our arrival alone set the tone for the terrible service we received throughout the long weekend we spent here. We missed the flight in on Friday night, so did not arrive until Saturday. Although we had to pay for Friday night's stay (despite efforts on the part of TACA to the contrary), when we arrived, one of our two rooms had been let to another person. The manager offered a "free" upgrade... a 2 room suite (for one person) even though she paid for an oceanfront view! Not much of an upgrade in my book. Overall, the staff was unfriendly and unhelpful. Our room had no towels and by 1130, when we arrived, there were also no towels for the pool or beach. We had to ask 4 times for towels and did not receive any (either for our room or for the beach) until 7 hours after our arrival. After 2 phone calls requesting a hair dryer, we were forced to go to the front desk to get it ourselves. The hotel website is misleading, implying that dolphin swims are available at the hotel. When we inquired, without picking up the phone, they informed us the trip was full. With our own separate inquiries to other tour services, we were easily booked on the tour. The food was overpriced and of low quality. Much better food at other restaurants on the island. The island is beautiful and has lots to do. Definitely worth the trip, but do not stay at the Mayan Princess!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Roatan resort on the island's best beach, Mayan Princess Beach Resort features waterfront hotel accommodations and service. Just steps from your luxurious condo, a white sand beach leads to sparkling turquoise waters, perfect for scuba diving Roatan's spectacular undersea gardens. Nominated for Honduras' Leading Hotel Award in 2007-2010, this Roatan beach resort offers a variety of vacation activities, first-class amenities, and beachfront restaurant. Welcome to paradise and comfortable relaxation in a tropical oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Mayan Princess Beach
- Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras