My huband and I travel often. Some trips are cramed full with sightseeing, walking andust see/do events. Some trips are all about simply chilling. This was one of the relaxation trips. We were there for 7 days, staying in a beachfront 2nd floor condo. It was spacious with excellent maid service. Wifi would come and go which was to be expected. Unfortunately, a tropical system moved in a and was there for our last full four days. Our room developed severe leaks in the living area, coming through the roof and window. We let management know but of course there was nothing they could do to fix it. I just didy best to soak up the water, move the sofa, etc. All the staff we encountered were very helpful and did their best to ensure a happy time.
We ate all but one meal there, the best being at Luna Maya. They are experts in lobster preparation!
We were stuck on site much of the time due to the weather. Cable had sporadic outages as did the power. We attributed that to the storm, not the beautiful facility.
One complaint is the balcony is outfitted with a high table and ,,4 high bar type chairs. Since the weather was so bad, it wasn't an issue but to sit, relax and hear the water would work better in lower seating.
The outside bar area is covered and roomy. We ate most of our meals there. All the waiters were wonderful and quickly learned our names.
I am not sure what the max winds
were but coconuts were flying. On the way to the airport, about 30 minutes away, we saw mudslides, downed trees and huge ruts in the already pothole full roads. None of that could be helped. I give the Mayan Princess a five star rating for handling this storm in a calm way, keeping everyone safe!
One other tip, I had read it best to bring a drinking cup if you don't like paper. We took three sizes of terbos tumblers they worked great in the restaurants and lounge!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Roatan resort on the island's best beach, Mayan Princess Beach Resort features waterfront hotel accommodations and service. Just steps from your luxurious condo, a white sand beach leads to sparkling turquoise waters, perfect for scuba diving Roatan's spectacular undersea gardens. Nominated for Honduras' Leading Hotel Award in 2007-2010, this Roatan beach resort offers a variety of vacation activities, first-class amenities, and beachfront restaurant. Welcome to paradise and comfortable relaxation in a tropical oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Mayan Princess Beach
- Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras