We just got back from a lovely vacation at the Mayan Princess in Roatan. This is a small quiet and peaceful hotel. The staff are very helpful and friendly. We had two suites in the tower. The rooms were recently updated. I did not have a safe in my room but there was one in the other suite that we all used. I enjoyed having a full sized kitchen to cook a few meals for my 6 year old daughter. There is a small market close by, where we bought fresh milk, ragu spagehetti sauce and kraft dinner. We had a lovely view of the pool and the iguanas that hang out in the gardens. The food was good with fresh fruits, vegetables and beef, chicken or fish options at the buffet. A chef was there to make omelletes in the morning and pasta, tacos or bbq in the afternoon and evenings. The a la carte meals were presented wonderfully however I did not like my choices (avoid the mashed potatoes). There was no need to worry about finding a spot at the pool or at the beach as one was always available and the staff were more than willing to put up an umbrella for you in the sand. I wish there was more entertainment in the evenings at the hotel but there is plenty of action along the beach if you are interested. We enjoyed the glass bottom boat that is advertised on the beach and the trip to Gumbalimba Park. Just avoid the suspension bridge if you have small children. Watch out for bug bites. I never saw them coming but I am still scratching today!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Roatan resort on the island's best beach, Mayan Princess Beach Resort features waterfront hotel accommodations and service. Just steps from your luxurious condo, a white sand beach leads to sparkling turquoise waters, perfect for scuba diving Roatan's spectacular undersea gardens. Nominated for Honduras' Leading Hotel Award in 2007-2010, this Roatan beach resort offers a variety of vacation activities, first-class amenities, and beachfront restaurant. Welcome to paradise and comfortable relaxation in a tropical oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Mayan Princess Beach
- Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras