This resort was about half full in late November, which made it very peaceful and quiet. There is separate transportation for luggage from the airport and because of this one piece of luggage was misplaced by a couple of hours. Short ride to hotel and we were greeted with a nice cold drink and a quick check-in. Rooms were very spacious, beds a little hard, great big balcony with a nice patio set that overlooked the pool. The staff were very friendly and attentive, especially Joham. Buffet meals were OK, we were a little tired of the food by the end of our stay. Nice al a carte meal, we had two of them. Drinks were good and plenty, wine was so-so. Grounds were beautifully kept and the beach was continually raked throughout the day. San Simone club next door is part of the Mayan, and most of the time we were the only ones using the bar and loungers, very comfortable.
The beach was beautiful, and snorkelling great, lots to see, bring an underwater camera! Use Anita for paddleboarding , a two minute walk down the beach. Either Anita or her daughter will give you a lesson with the rental. Try eating at Beachers or Banarama for dinner, terrific meals. For $3 a person there are plenty of water taxis to go into West End, about a five minute ride. Worth the trip, it's a fun little town, lots of bars and souvenirs. The downside of the trip was the rain and lots of it (rainy season, but even the locals said that it was more than usual). Also I was sick for a few days and my husband was not feeling that great either. Next time will have to try Dukoral to prevent this. Overall this was a great holiday and hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Roatan resort on the island's best beach, Mayan Princess Beach Resort features waterfront hotel accommodations and service. Just steps from your luxurious condo, a white sand beach leads to sparkling turquoise waters, perfect for scuba diving Roatan's spectacular undersea gardens. Nominated for Honduras' Leading Hotel Award in 2007-2010, this Roatan beach resort offers a variety of vacation activities, first-class amenities, and beachfront restaurant. Welcome to paradise and comfortable relaxation in a tropical oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Mayan Princess Beach
- Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras