Stayed at the Mayan Princess for business in November 2012. A terrible 25 minute drive from Roatan Airport - more potholes than you could ever believe, and the most ugly hotel entrance ever. The actual hotel lobby is miniscule but service was fast and I was given a pool view room on the second floor. The room was huge with a separate bedroom, huge living area, separate dining room and a fully equipped kitchen (sadly, didn't see any grocery stores around). TV had many channels including 2 Toronto stations (wo whoo!).
The main bar area was cllosed and under ebuild, but another bar next door was available until 5pm. After that the only bar was at the buffet area. Drinks were free on all inclusive package and their was only one buffet with mediocre food. An a la carte option allowed you to eat from a menu outiside under a palapa that day. Sadly, the sand flies are attrocious and I was well bitten.
The small pool was nice. This is a small resort with around 60 rooms I think and was half full. I am sure it is better in the winter when all areas are open. A real plus is diving in the area and they have a full dive shop and dives for 45$USD. My friend went and it was awesome.
This is a Sunwing tour destination, and as far as a package, I would give it a thumbs up if you like to dive or snorkel.
Staff were very friendly and all spoke English.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Roatan resort on the island's best beach, Mayan Princess Beach Resort features waterfront hotel accommodations and service. Just steps from your luxurious condo, a white sand beach leads to sparkling turquoise waters, perfect for scuba diving Roatan's spectacular undersea gardens. Nominated for Honduras' Leading Hotel Award in 2007-2010, this Roatan beach resort offers a variety of vacation activities, first-class amenities, and beachfront restaurant. Welcome to paradise and comfortable relaxation in a tropical oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Mayan Princess Beach
- Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras