First we had a great flight with sunwing left on time. The check in was ok. The rooms are big as previous reviews have stated. The rooms are kept very clean. You cannot drink the water from the tap. You have 2 bottles supplied each day . I find this is not enough so we kept the empty bottles and refilled at the bar or front deck. The service at the bar,diningrooms, front desk and the towel guy was excellent. I do need to mention that you are only served wine at supper. The first week they ran out of white wine. The first two days we had alot of rain and rough seas so the boats couldnot come in with the supplies. We bought our white wine at a store not far from the resort.The next week they had white wine at dinner all the time. This was the only thing I would really like to see changed at this resort to offer wine all the time. The rooms maybe could use some upgrading but maybe in time. Any room is nice at the resort.The beach is areally nice beach. I didnot find the beach vendors a major problem. They can be more pushy on other islands we have visited. The diving was great and very professional staff and friendly staff. I would dive with Mayan divers again no problem.The whale shark excurtion was alot of money for not seeing any whale sharks. It was 150 american per person. We were told that you may not always see any. The trip to Utila was very rough there and back we had a couple of sea sick people. The boat was a speed boat but had too many people on board for the number of seats. We did tour around in Utila but it is very small but interesting. We did snorkel too. We also had a good lunch in Utila and met alot of nice and interesting people on the boat. That tour was with bay adventures.The other tour around the town through sunwing was good. We saw alot of interesting animals native to hondurus . We enjoyed our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Roatan resort on the island's best beach, Mayan Princess Beach Resort features waterfront hotel accommodations and service. Just steps from your luxurious condo, a white sand beach leads to sparkling turquoise waters, perfect for scuba diving Roatan's spectacular undersea gardens. Nominated for Honduras' Leading Hotel Award in 2007-2010, this Roatan beach resort offers a variety of vacation activities, first-class amenities, and beachfront restaurant. Welcome to paradise and comfortable relaxation in a tropical oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Mayan Princess Beach
- Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras