My boyfriend and I went to Roatan for 2 weeks recently. We stayed at Mayan Princess. It is definitely one of the better resort at the west end beach.
Here is a list of pros for Mayan Princess.
1. The room is amazing. We stayed at a one bed room suite on the second floor. The suite is new and clean with a big balcony.
2. The pool with water fall is surrounded by a beautiful garden and is well maintained.
3. The food in the gourmet restaurant is delicious. It is included in our all inclusive package that we can go once per week.
4. Siggy (who is one of the manager in the resort) is very friendly and taking good care of everyone that stays in the hotel. His attention to the details of each customer is impressive.
5. They have live music few nights a week which is not imposing and enjoyable.
Here's a list of "room for improvement":
1. The list of drink included in the "all inclusive package" is very limited. For example, they do not include any coffee liqueur.
2. The service at the front desk "is not too friendly".
3. The beach has a reserved section for the cruise ship customer. However, the pool is wide opened for them. If you do not reserve a chair early enough, you will not get a chair as the pool will be crowed by the customer from the cruise ship.
All in all, it is a very nice resort on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Roatan resort on the island's best beach, Mayan Princess Beach Resort features waterfront hotel accommodations and service. Just steps from your luxurious condo, a white sand beach leads to sparkling turquoise waters, perfect for scuba diving Roatan's spectacular undersea gardens. Nominated for Honduras' Leading Hotel Award in 2007-2010, this Roatan beach resort offers a variety of vacation activities, first-class amenities, and beachfront restaurant. Welcome to paradise and comfortable relaxation in a tropical oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Mayan Princess Beach
- Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras