Our group of eight rented the King Ocean House at the Bananarama last week and had a splendid relaxing vacation. The house sleeps 10-12 and has a wrap around deck that overlooks the beach. We enjoyed looking down at the bar and beach activities from our deck chairs so noise didn't bother us, but if you want a more quiet stay you may want to rent one of the units away from the bar. The location on West Bay is perfect, right in the center of all of the action and close enough to West End to walk, or go to quickly by taking one of the many sea taxis that were available for $2.50 per person. Owners Jamie, Louis and Louis's father Guy all went out of their way to check in with us to be sure we had everything we needed. We loved the casual atmosphere, bare feet at breakfast, etc. Before we went we read a few negative comments about the breakfasts, but we found them to be changed up every day and very good. We also ate dinner there at the Thirsty Turtle a few times. They frequently offer two for one specials. We particularly liked the coconut shrimp. The staff got to know our first names and treated us very well. In particular Catalina, Anthony, and David were great! The restaurant cooked the fish we caught deep sea fishing for us as well. Happy hours were fun with two for one specialty drinks and five for $5 local beer. Be sure to have a Monkey La La...we should have left with that recipe! There was live music several nights. The new Caribbean Creamery on site had coffee, ice cream and baked goods and even made a special birthday cake for us. The beach is beautiful with light colored sand, a slow gradual slope, and no strong current. World class snorkeling is just a few strokes out from the beach just past the resort. They take great care to comb the beach daily so it is always clean. Cruise Ship days weren't as bad as we expected as we were allowed to go next door to the privacy of the Island Pearl. Plus there was more going on around the beach on cruise ship days. Yes, there were sand fleas and mosquitoes but we were just careful to spray repellant each morning and didn't have a problem. They recommend no deet to protect the reef. While we didn't dive, we hiked, zip lined, sea kayaked, deep sea fished, snorkeled and spent some quiet time in the beach chairs reading. Massages with Edgar were good too. There is something for everyone here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras