This was our first time as a family; my husband, myself and our 2 teen daughters were traveling outside of the country. I was looking for a fun casual and safe place to stay on beach that would have lots of activities for the girls to do. Well, this was definitely it! There was much to do, and everyone was very friendly and helpful.
In the day time, there are kayaks to enjoy, paddle boards and snorkeling equipment to rent. Walk down to beach in front of Infinity Bay for great snorkeling. As for diving, my daughter experienced a Discovery Dive with Zoe from the Dive Center,she was absolutely wonderful. She took the time to make us feel comfortable sending our daughter out there. Our daughter now is going to pursue getting PADI certified, she enjoyed that experience and made a lifetime memory.
We stayed in 2 rooms, #17 and #!8, which were located in an area a little too busy for me, but people watching from the hammock is fun. Next time, (yes next time) we will stay in one of the villas on the other side. The rooms are basic, so don't go expecting chic, they are rustic and cabin-like. But colorful, clean, comfortable beds and with ample space for everything.
Places to eat are all within walking distance if you choose not to eat here. There was pizzarama (kids liked that.), and there was a good selection on the menu. We didn't eat dinner here, though for no particular reason so I can't comment on what the food was like. Some of our favorite dinners were coconut shrimp and lobster dinners at Fosters and Paradise Hotel.
For us parents The Thirsty Turtle is a very lively place to be, great happy hour and fast bartenders. Met one of the owners of this resort, Jeff; awesome guy. Every night there is something going on, so this place is not for someone looking for a quiet place in the evening.
Be sure to visit Anthony's Key for the Dolphin Encounter and Snorkel; that was a highlight of the trip for our daughters. Book a couple days in advance, though you made need more advance notice if you are going during cruise season.
This resort is centrally located to all you need, there is a little market place with excellent coffee/wine cafe (JavaVino) only a couple blocks away. There is a convenient grocery store; a quaint noodle restaurant on the way and across the street is a charming place to eat (Celeste's) great staff there; Darson and Andreas!
Great beach, great atmosphere and awesome people looking forward to visiting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras