So I haven't been to too many tropical vacations, but this one will be very hard to beat. I was a little nervous at first by wondering what the rustic experience would be, but it turned out to be the perfect experience. I stayed in an efficiency, which was perfect for a single traveler. It had a great view of the sandy courtyard with a partial view of the beach and ocean in the background. It was the perfect tropical experience. There was a little noise each nite from the clean up from the Island Pearl, but that once only for a short while and worth the trade off for the location of the room. Except for the time I walked down the driveway to go check out the stores and other restaurants down the street, I spent the entire time barefooted. Even to eat at the Island Pearl. The breakfast available each morning seemed to be perfect for divers (a little bit of fruit and a little bit of some variation of eggs and beans). During the lunch time break, got to eat next to the beach from a variety of quick bites (burgers, pizza, southwestern egg rolls) while waiting for our afternoon dive.
Next, is the dive shop. All the guys there are just awesome. Marcus runs a Very well organized operation. With the different trips going out each morning, I was very impressed of the personal care that the divemasters were able to still give each and every diver. Everyone was having a great time in a safely maintained enviroment. I can't really say enough about these guys. Lots of great new friends and like I said, best vacation so far. I definitely plan to make this a yearly weekend stop. :-)
There was one incident that I do have to mention about one of the bartenders in the morning, but I am chalking that up to the fact that she had to close up the night before. I tried to nicely ask if I could just get fruit with breakfast since I was in a rush to get to the knowledge review at 8 am. She then told me in a matter of fact way (not in a rude way, but just fact) that divers get served at 8, before the other guest, since we go out at 8:30. I told her that I was just trying to get something before my review at 8, but that divers were expected to be getting ready at 8:15, not 8:30. Again, I think it was just a bad night and not the usual, since all the other mornings, I got there at 8 and most of my fellow divers were actually already finished eating.
So anyways, big reason for the 5, is that I was in the best mood of my life when I left and wore my smile for several days after getting back to work. It actually took several weeks before anything at work began to poke through my bubble :-) Definitely 5 stars for Marcus and his great staff and 5 stars (but with a small note) for the great guys (front desk, all bartenders, cooks, shopkeepers, and everyone there) at the resort. Looking forward to seeing you again next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras