I stayed here with my wife and our two college kids. The property is literally on the beach and West Bay has one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. That is a huge plus. The rooms were fine. My son slept on a futon and he reported it to be uncomfortable. The dive shop was great and Marcos does a nice job. I give high marks to the dive experience here. The place has a lot going for it. Reason for average rating: Breakfast is included but you get what they have that morning so no choice in breakfast meal. Coffee is pretty bad here. The service at the bar can be poor. Some of the bartenders (Martha especially) don't seem to care if you are served. I had to ask three times for her to serve me a beer (and the bar was not busy at all.)
Next time I will try one of the other resorts on West Bay but we had a great time at Bananarama. They do get the cruise ship people two or three days per week so that is a negative as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras