Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort
$398
$212
  • Breakfast included
Foster's West Bay(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$109
$97
West Bay Lodge and Spa(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$140
$126
$226
$197
$264
Orbitz.com
Posada Seremein(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$126
$111
Paradise Beach Hotel(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$152
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Caribe Tesoro(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$200
$175
Orbitz.com
West Bay B & B(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$69
Priceline
$630
$616
1,356 results
All reviewsthirsty turtlevintage pearlgarden cabanacrab racesmovie nightfire dancerslive musiccruise shipwest endlaid backfun activitiesoffice staffcoconut shrimpfishgreat divingspecial thanksthe wait staff
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We spent 5 nights in a Bananarama cabana as the GRAND FINALE of our 3 weeks in Roatan and Utila. What a lucky, excellent choice it was! Our cabana was quietly nestled in a beautiful garden area, painted in bright, colorful Caribbean colors. Everything was great...the restaurant (wonderful nightly specials!!), fun entertainment (Superbowl & movie on the beach), musicians, employees who were over-the-top friendly and helpful...and a beach too beautiful to describe. It was truly one of the best vacation spots we've ever visited.

Room Tip: We loved cabana #2, the middle of their several cabanas.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CoolCatch
Bananarama03, Owner at Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Coolcatch,

Thank you for saving us as your Grand Finale! We deeply appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback and experience you had at the resort with us and others. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Spent the day at the Bananarama, while in port from our Carnival Cruise. Staff is very friendly and good at what they do. The food at the Thirsty Turtle was really good. Strawberry Smoothies were a favorite. Our waiter was always smiling! The Resort grounds are Beautiful. The sand is so soft, you dont need shoes. The swimming was wonderful. The Kids enjoyed the Water Trampoline in front of the Resort. We hope to actually stay at the Bananarama Resort for several days in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Bananarama03, Owner at Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Michelle,

The trampoline is a huge hit for guests at the resort... we actually got it for free from a client who was upgrading to a bigger one in the States and thought it would be fun to ship it down! It has literally brought 1000's of hours of entertainment for guests and especially kids who love jumping on a water trampoline in the middle of West Bay:) Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other and we hope to have you stay with us in the near future:)
Sincerely

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Spent the day here at the bar and restaurant on a cruise excursion in January. Staff was very friendly and food was good. My son loved the banana soda. We would love to come back and stay there. We met the owner's father who was friendly and informative about the island. It was a wonderful day.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Mary,

I am really happy to hear you enjoyed our resort for the day. The banana soda is a huge local favorite here and a bit hard to find in the states! My favorite is the grape with a lime:) Our partners including my father are pretty proactive when it comes to meeting guests and visitors. It is one of the most important ways we have found to improve the resort and make it better each year. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and our future guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Bananarama has a deal with West Bay Lodge (behind them down alley) where you can use their chairs, umbrella, and kayak for $10.00 a week!! We utilized that option our first day as West Bay Lodge guests so we could come and go as we pleased. Let me tell you that the staff at Bananarama treated us like we were their guests also! The security guards watched our stuff like a hawk.. the beach staff made sure we had a huge umbrella every time I asked them (those guys are hard workers!!!) digging them into the sand for us with a smile on their face! They remembered us for the whole week and always made sure we had what we needed.. even keeping the peddlers away from us who were too intrusive! Marko in the dive shop was awesome at giving us free advise on how to fix our snorkel masks.. Victor in the restaurant when we ate there (BBQ Rib night .. yummy!) was very attentive to our every need.. Kevin the security guard was very friendly and kept us feeling safe, as did all the guards.. sorry did not get your names guys.. Michelle the waitress at Vintage Pearl was very efficient, friendly and helpful and what a awesome deal.. The meals there were 3 course so when I first looked at menu I did not understand that and thought the dinner was overpriced.. but when it includes your soup or salad, steak and lobster and then a delicious desert and a bottle of wine all for $90.00.. it is comparable to others places.. and the ambiance is top notch. I even spoke to Louis one of the owners when he was visiting and told him how impressed I was in his facility. He was so kind, attentive and obviously cares about his establishment and how to keep the guests and staff happy. He answered all my questions and even told me to drop him a line to his email anytime.. my only complaint with the beach is the sand fleas.. I sprayed every day with deet.. but got bitten profusely.. my husband did not.. so maybe they are attracted to a certain blood type.. but of course that is not bananrama's fault as I have heard they spray the beach to keep them under some kindof control.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Awesomegal,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and give us feedback on our resort:) We are really happy you enjoyed our service and it sounds like you visited a lot of different places at our resort:) I am happy to hear you enjoyed our staff and that I had the chance to meet with you personally while you were at the resort.

On the sand flies deet products do help, but a quick coating of baby oil or skin so soft will usually stop them... deet for mosquitos and baby oil for the sand flies... they are expecially hungry around sunup and sundown! I am sorry I did not mention this to you when we spoke... I did not realize you were getting bitten up. The island has a product called cactus juice that mixes the two pretty well and you end up with sun screen, bug repel and an oil base for sandflies all at the same time... often times the difference of getting bitten could simply be whether your sunscreen is oil based or not... but I digress.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know which employees you were impressed with. It helps us to make management decisions as we prefer to promote from within:) Please do let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience for next time! We love feedback:)

Reviewed February 10, 2014

If you are superman your not going to like it at Here. There are no phone booths no tall buildings and miss lane is not here. My wife and I had heard the service was slow, well we are not here to be in a hurry Other than the night of the superbowl the service was good. Please be advised that there are crazy specials everyday there. 2 large pizza's for twenty bucks was unreal. A huge cheesburger with fries 6 bucks are you kidding..... Lobster dinner 22.00 wow. The best part is they have a lot of good drinks, 15 differant beers, foo foo drinks and great mixed drinks and they dont hold back on the alcohol trust me. Our room we were in 14 upstairs great a.c. cold fridge great front porch with hammock. We had the water die on us completely just stopped I was all full of soap when I said what was up my wife had to go get the damn camera and make it a kodak moment. The water was off 5 minutes came back on and no big deal. I happened to run into the owner a day later and told him what had occured he is onsite all the time awesome dude he wanted to make it a big issue and send out the troops we said no thanks we are on a island for crying out loud things happen. He ask if he could do something for us or comp something and we said dont be silly see ya later, like I said great guy. Speaking of great guys be sure and have there driver Steve Hamilton pick you up at the airport. This Roatan Native took us to his personal home and we met his mother and the rest of his family.Incredible what simple lives these people live. Steve took us all around the island one day and we saw how the people there really live no media pics you know what I mean....Steve told us the owner does not lay off when it is slow and thats why he chose bananarama to work for. Steve will shop for you in town if needed. Let me tell you a little on the dive shop. We did 12 dives each my wife and I.First they took no money from me until I said I am done diving how much do I owe you, second Marco the dive shop manager introduced us to our divemaster zoe 5ft 1 if that around 35 years old a very attractive gal from England, FROM THAT POINT ON ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE. IT WAS DIVE, DIVE AND DIVE. Zoe would tell us all each morning where we were diving and then ask us would you guys prefer to go somewhere else.We did a night dive unreal,unreal,unreal.a shipwreck dive down to 105 feet. she briefed us big time and off we went....incredible operation no rush when we went to eat breakfast in the morning we said we are divers are food was there in 5 minutes the dive shop and kitchen are on the same page. Incredible is what it is.We had heard the electricity goes out a lot there it did during the superbowl what a blast that was but they have a generator and unfortunately it came on in like 5 minutes but in the time it was off it was so peaceful and quiet and the sound of the ocean wow.... The beach is really cool because you can lay in the shade or the sun and the cruise people cant. they have a rope they cant cross on the beach. there is a floating deck out in the water you can grab a beer and head there. all in all this is still in the stone ages a lot of fun without the bells and whisles. Last comment THE BUGS WE SPRAYED 40 PERCENT DEETS IN A CAN FROM OUR KNEES DOWN TO OUR FEET EVERYTIME WE LEFT OUR ROOM. WE GOT THE GOOD SMELLING DEETS. WIFE HAD 3 BITES I HAD 7. SO WHATS ALL THE BUG TALK.

Room Tip: If you are going there to sleep room 14 or 6 or 5 stay away from dive shop and bar
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank steve n

Dear Steve,

We are really happy you enjoyed your stay at our resort. We agree 100% that Bananarama is not for everyone:) If you like a clean, comfortable room that is affordable with a hammock on your porch and great service we like to think this could just be your place:) Thank you for your great review and thank you for letting us know which employees impressed you the most and made your vacation special. We use Tripadvisor and other methods for employee reviews, advancements and increases and are glad you enjoyed the service at our resort.

On a side note as we dont control the power when it comes and goes... if the power goes out between the hours of 7 am and 11pm it does take at the most about 5 minutes for us to turn the generator on... its usually super reliable and runs on propane:)

Thank you again for taking the time to review our resort, staff and location. We look forward to seeing you again soon!