“Fun place for families”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Fun place for families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Fun fun fun!!! Great food and atmosphere. This place is great for families. Go at night and watch the fire dancers and crab races. We had a great time and Santa visited on Christmas day. The breakfast burrito was very good as was the watermelon juice. For dinner we had coconut shrimp which was very good.

Room Tip: This is not about the rooms it is about the restaurant. And i would definitely recommend it.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Woodstock, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I am not a diver. However we ended up staying here through a discount on groupon. It was great, the hospitality by the maids, locals, maintenence staff, and wait staff was awesome. The snorkeling was also great and just a short swim from the beach. The beach itself was beautiful, and if you are there at the right time you may catch Milton for a delicious Banana donut. I traveled with my parents aunt uncle and sister. It was a great family trip, also great for families with young children. I also have to mention the great drink specials and two for one happy hours. The food at the thirsty turtle was delicious, and the gift shop there is so cute with fair prices. The houses there were beautiful and homey. Slept well every night I was there. Felt extremely safe the entire visit. Definately will be returning as soon as I can get more time off of work!

Room Tip: I would recomend a place that's right on the beach, that was where we were. The waves lulled me...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stacey V
Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband & is stayed the 1st week in December. It rained the first 2 days and then we has the perfect sunny weather the rest of the week.
Very nice staff - loved our server Victor!
Terrific food- must have the curry and whole fried snapper. The breakfast every morning was really good. Each day was a different hot item choice.
We stayed in villa 15 and loved it! Just steps from the beach and comfortable bed and pillows. The AC worked REALLY good.
We dived with their dive shop and loved them as well.
Such a gorgeous place and beach!!
We enjoyed the hermit crab races & movie night on the beach.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kellyville, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Although the date says May 2013, we actually stayed a few here a few years earlier. This was our first stay in Roatan. We loved the resort. Wished it had all-inclusive though. The only draw back, which wasn't their fault, was the sand flies at dusk. We avoided them by not being on the beach at that time. The staff was wonderful and the dive operation there was excellent. We are looking at going back in June 2014.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Love2Dive2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

What a fantastic place! We spent a couple of weeks at Bananarama and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it! If you're looking for marble floors and butler service, this place isn't for you. If you're looking for a relaxed, friendly, home-from-home, barefoot island retreat, we couldn't recommend Bananarama more highly!

We stayed in Cabana 4 and it was quiet and secluded - I've seen some people have complained about the noise, but that must have been in the rooms right by the bar. We had no noise issues at all.

The location is perfect, right on the beach, with fantastic snorkelling a couple of minutes away and the water taxis (to West Bay) virtually outside.

The staff were all great - really friendly and accommodating - but special thanks have to go to Jeff (one of the owners, who lives on the resort), who made us feel right at home, and to Dan and Marco in the dive shop, who were just fantastic! Their knowledge of the dive sites and their approach to everything were second to none. My girlfriend hadn't dived before (and was actually a bit scared of the deep bits beforehand) but Dan guided her through her PADI Open Water certification with patience and a lot of laughs, making her feel relaxed and confident in the water; while Marco helped her through the "classroom" sessions. As I'm an experienced diver, they tailored the open water dives so I could come along too, and arranged a great dive out to the Aguilas with a group of more experienced divers, a night dive, a shark dive, and a shore dive late on our last diving day when the boat captains had already left. Really, this is a great outfit! We really enjoyed it, were very sad to leave and will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in Cabana 4 and didn't have any issues with noise at all - the other reviews must be f...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tom A
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was a really fun place. We went several times. They have giant connect 4 and Jenga that was fun to play. The staff were fun and friendly. The beach views were beautiful. Fun bar atmosphere. The drinks were good. They had live music and the band let me play the bongos. They had performers on the beach playing with fire. Fun and entertaining place. Definitely check it out when you are in Roatan.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
San Pedro, Belize
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had the Owner's Villa for a week over Thanksgiving. Terrible storms for over half the time. The Villa is wonderful and the staff very friendly. Problems. Internet horrible even without the storm you blink and lose it. It also cuts out all the time.

Breakfast and all meal service SUCKED. Don't get me wrong very nice waiters and such but SLOW is not the word. 25 minute breakfasts which are all pre determined each day so no menu meaning how can they be so slow. Nope not busy. Busy not busy it was slow. I walked away twice without it because I though I arrived at 7:45 (the minute the opened) I did not have my food by 8:10 when my dive boat was leaving. Your breakfast service IS HORRIBLE. SUCKS.

Dive shop OK Marco is a grouchy person. Dive master excellent but boats are small and in any chop just uncomfortable. No camera provisions at all when I asked they looked at me like I was crazy. I much preferred the larger boat providers in the area (there are at least five dive operators in walking distance of the resort). Chose the bigger boat.

Again the slow breakfast was so bad it just ruined an otherwise very nice experience.

Room Tip: Chose the Island Pearl side if you don't good luck sleeping with the bar noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
#5 of 14 in West Bay
Foster's West Bay
Foster's West Bay
#8 of 14 in West Bay

Been to Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!