My husband and I and our two young adult children stayed here for three nights this past week. We chose this resort because it was highly ranked on tripadvisor and had a dive shop on the property. We had a very enjoyable time and hope to return someday. Location: the resort is located on about one and a half acres of land right on the beach in West Bay on Roatan. This is essentially the southwestern tip of the island and is about 20 minutes from the airport. The resort will pick you up at the airport for $25, well worth it. We (the parents) stayed in cabin #2, one of about 5 one-room cabins with one queen bed, a bathroom, and a sitting area and hammock on a small front porch. These cabins are brightly painted and decorated but are basically small, wooden structures. Our kids stayed in #22 which was closer to the beach and consisted of a large el-shaped room with a queen bed in each leg and a larger bathroom, kitchenette, and dining table. This room was large enough to be quite comfortable. Beds were comfortable. Rooms have A/C but do not have TV's or phones. WiFi is available throughout the resort. Each room is provided with a 5 gallon bottle of water for drinking, brushing teeth etc. The tap water is very soft and smells slightly of sulfur; we did not drink it. The dive shop on the premises is busy so make reservations ahead if you can. Our son had to wait a day before he could be fit into the schedule. The bar/grill area on the premises has very good food, as good as any we found in West Bay (reviewed separately). The bar area is lively and different activities are planned for each day at lunch and/or dinner. One night was karaoke, one lunch was a one-man band, and another dinner was a three man band. We also tried the ice cream from the small convenience store and it was very tasty. Breakfast is included and typically there is a choice on one hot entree or some combination of fruit, cereal or yogurt. The beach directly in front of the hotel is good for bathing. The sand is fine and waves are tiny - if present at all (perfect for small kids). We rented snorkel equipment at the resort and walked left down the beach to the "wall" and snorkeled among the coral reefs. We also borrowed a two person kayak from the resort and enjoyed paddling along the beach. There are quite a number of other resorts (mostly more upscale), several restaurants, and some new condo complexes on the beach adjacent to this resort. However I think this resort is the best value for your money. The people who work there are friendly and make you feel welcome, even if you are there just a short time. Clientele seems to be mostly Americans and Canadians, but we also saw folks from Europe and Central America. Note that it is much cheaper to get to this resort by flying to San Pedro Sula and transferring to a Honduran airline than flying direct from the US. As to safety, there were guards patrolling the property and also stationed at the beach and town entrances at all times. The town of West Bay is about 300 yards from the resort, just one block up a dirt access road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras