1,384 results
All reviewsthirsty turtlevintage pearlgarden cabanacrab racesmovie nightfire dancerslive musiccruise shiplaid backfun activitieswest endgreat divingfishthe wait stafffront porchtook great carelounge chairs
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Everything my daughter told me about Bananarama Resort was so true. We had such a good time there with our family. There was something to do for everyone or just relax. The resort was well maintained and the rooms clean. We enjoyed our meals and the friendliness of the waiters, Carolina, Alec, Shanny, to name a few. The entire staff made sure we were well taken care of. Just a great place to go and relax. This is on my list for a return trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I'm not really sure where to start since everything about this holiday was great.
The island is really beautiful with a lot of relief and quite lush with vegetation.
The welcome was fabulous (far better than we got at Sandals in Exuma in November !!!).
A drink and a quick walk around the property and our room for orientation.
We stayed in Cabana #1 right across from the Dive Shop. It was clean, a bit funky and a lot of fun.
Food and drink throughout the entire week were great. Our main man, Alex, showed us amazing service and true friendliness. He, and the rest of the staff, couldn't have been better.
Jeff and Louis introduced themselves to us as owners and insisted that if there was anything we needed, to just ask. How many places do you get that kind of treatment from?
The Dive Shop was great. Marco runs a great operation. Very well organized and everything ready to go.
We dove mostly with Marc and Zoe for the week and they were great. My wife has had some (?) issues with buoyancy and these were sorted out this week. She now has a deep dive under her belt having done the wreck dive on the Aguila at the end of the week. That is thanks to Marc's patience and Zoe's teaching during the PPB course.
The diving is amazing. We have not dove that long (40 dives), but we now know what a healthy reef is supposed ot look like! It actually looks like we see on some of the dive shows on TV. It was fantastic. I won't go over the dives, but we did 15 dives each through the week and only went back the same place twice because we wanted to.
We did the Ahark Dive and if you haven't done one before this is great. It is very well organized and you feel absolutely safe. Did I mention that you dive with about 15 - ten to twelve foot Caribbean Reef Sharks!! My wife came too and was blown away.
The nightly entertainment is a lot of fun. There isn't much else to do, and we were tired from the diving, but this gave us some really fun entertainment that was different each night.
Overall the place is a bit quirky, a lot of fun and absolutely worth visiting more than once.
When you look at the value for money for a room, food and diving, it is exceptional.
If you want a great, really relaxing vacation, with great diving and great staff, come here.
You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frank3892
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was our second trip back. This time we brought two of our married children and my mother. We wanted a relaxed family vacation for a group with a variety of interests and Bananarama had something for the entire group. Whether laying out on the beach, snorkeling or arranging an excursion, the staff accommodated. We had four divers in our group and we had a super time with Martin, Zoey and Marc. The accommodations are simple, which we like, well maintained and cleaned daily. There was fun activities every evening from hermit crab races to live music. We over ate all week. The entire staff is very friendly, quickly learning our names. To Carolina, Alec, Shanny, and all the rest at the Thirsty Turtle, Sara and the front staff and the tireless grounds, beach and security crew that sweep, rake, clean and smile to us always: THANK YOU VERY MUCH! (there is bug spray available to purchase, but we did get some bites that itched. We didn't have this issue when we went previously in January. They really ate up my mother!)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I spent the last week of May here and it was a fantastic experience all round.

The accommodation was simple while being clean and comfortable. The rooms were well maintained and cleaned daily. We had aircon all the time. The staff were all very friendly and attentive to any issues. Keep in mind that this is a very 3rd world country and a very remote island, so they do make do with their own water system and even power generation at times. There will be things like sand fleas and mosquitos, which can be managed very easily with deet - the staff were more than happy to assist with any issue. I found the restaurants very good and reasonably priced (especially if you buy their meal plan). The vintage pearl fine dining restaurant in the resort is out of this world and definitely worth a try even if you dont stay there.

But the main reason we were here was for the diving and these guys were the best! I've been around the world now on quite a few dive trips and these guys are definitely the best that I've encountered. They all clearly love diving and marine life. Dives were all unrushed and made as long as was safely possible. I had 11 dives and dont think 1 was under 45 min, mostly around 60 min. The instructors knew the reefs well and pointed out all sorts of interesting little creatures from pipe horses to strange little crabs on the coral. They knew what interesting and special fish would to find at particular depths and different locations. And the night dive is an absolute must to experience the bio-luminescence. They had a good selection of clean and working equipment that gave no problems to anyone that I could see that week.

If a diving holiday is what you are after, I think it would be very hard to beat these guys.

Thank you Marco, Martin and Marc for a fantastic vacation!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael E
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Have stayed here twice and will be back. We stayed in villa number 29 right above The Vintage Pearl Restaurant. It has two bedrooms, two full baths, living room and a full kitchen. If you want a chill, affordable dive trip this is the place to stay. Marco and Marc were fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends