I'm not really sure where to start since everything about this holiday was great.
The island is really beautiful with a lot of relief and quite lush with vegetation.
The welcome was fabulous (far better than we got at Sandals in Exuma in November !!!).
A drink and a quick walk around the property and our room for orientation.
We stayed in Cabana #1 right across from the Dive Shop. It was clean, a bit funky and a lot of fun.
Food and drink throughout the entire week were great. Our main man, Alex, showed us amazing service and true friendliness. He, and the rest of the staff, couldn't have been better.
Jeff and Louis introduced themselves to us as owners and insisted that if there was anything we needed, to just ask. How many places do you get that kind of treatment from?
The Dive Shop was great. Marco runs a great operation. Very well organized and everything ready to go.
We dove mostly with Marc and Zoe for the week and they were great. My wife has had some (?) issues with buoyancy and these were sorted out this week. She now has a deep dive under her belt having done the wreck dive on the Aguila at the end of the week. That is thanks to Marc's patience and Zoe's teaching during the PPB course.
The diving is amazing. We have not dove that long (40 dives), but we now know what a healthy reef is supposed ot look like! It actually looks like we see on some of the dive shows on TV. It was fantastic. I won't go over the dives, but we did 15 dives each through the week and only went back the same place twice because we wanted to.
We did the Ahark Dive and if you haven't done one before this is great. It is very well organized and you feel absolutely safe. Did I mention that you dive with about 15 - ten to twelve foot Caribbean Reef Sharks!! My wife came too and was blown away.
The nightly entertainment is a lot of fun. There isn't much else to do, and we were tired from the diving, but this gave us some really fun entertainment that was different each night.
Overall the place is a bit quirky, a lot of fun and absolutely worth visiting more than once.
When you look at the value for money for a room, food and diving, it is exceptional.
If you want a great, really relaxing vacation, with great diving and great staff, come here.
You won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras