Traveled with 2 couples, and each couple had their own cabin for the "dive and sizzle" package, which had 10 boat dives and food included.
The cabin itself was nice. Nothing great, but I can't really say anything bad about it. Comfy bed, ceiling fan, A/C, a safe, and a fridge. The bathroom was decent-sized. There is a bucket filled with water outside of your cabin that they fill every day so you can rinse the sand off of your feet.
The bar/restaurant was good for breakfast, but had the same small menu for both lunch and dinner. As our package included food, it got tiresome eating the same thing twice a day every day. But breakfast was good, and the bar would have movie nights, trivia nights, etc to make the evening fun.
The diving was fantastic. Top rate dive shop. Although it was obnoxious that despite having 75 dives and a dive computer, the dive master would get mad if we would drop below 60 feet because we are only basic certified. Seriously?
One of the best things about this resort is the beach. Most dive resorts I have stayed at claim to have a "beach," which ends up being a small sandy patch in front of rocks. This is a beautiful beach, and as long as there isn't a cruise ship in port, you will only be sharing it with about a dozen other people. Cruise ship days, however, are quite hectic.
Overall, in our next trip to Roatan, we will definitely stay here again. Great diving, beautiful beach, although the food is only so-so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras