This was our first trip to Roatan and we were looking for something laid back that was not too commercialized for our vacation. Roatan seemed to be a perfect fit and Bananarama is definitely the place to stay. The rooms are cozy and we stayed in a cabana which gave us a lot of privacy. The hammock out of our front door was used frequently and provided some great pics. The security at the hotel is Exceptional!!! They monitor the rooms and the beach and the beach gets crowded! Security is constantly, but quietly, monitoring all the patrons and vendors walking along the beautiful beach! The staff goes out of their way to respond to any needs or concerns. Marco at the dive shop is very helpful and accommodating and all the dive masters are very professional. There are scheduled activities every night at the bar so you never have to leave for entertainment. Don't miss the crab race on Sunday night!!
The only thing that was did not get a 5 star rating was the food. The pizza was ok, which is great compared to other pizza on the island. The other food is just ok, as well. Nothing bad but nothing great. The drinks, on the other hand, were made to perfection. If you ask Edmund or Sandra for a strong drink, they will not disappoint. If you ask for a not-so-strong drink they will make it just as you ordered.
A/C worked well in the room and the water pressure was decent most of the time.
This is not Cancun or Miami Beach! If your looking for the giant 5-star resorts Roatan is not for you. If you want one of the most memorable vacations that will unwind you from the grind and reconnect you with your better half this is the place for you! Roatan is a must and Bananarama is hands down, the best place to stay on the island!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras