New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Franklin, Pennsylvania
“Overall Great Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Bananarama is an awesome Eco-friendly resort that provides excellent customer service from the minute you arrive until the time you leave! Very friendly staff,clean rooms, and great food! The wait-staff is wonderful as well-especially Shawnee!! She heard it was my friend's birthday and made awesome cinnamon rolls and gave us some too! Can't wait to return!

1 Thank Sarah M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We took a long shot and tried the west Bay Area of roatan. We usually go snorkeling in the west end area however the wind was too strong to go there so we decided to have a beach day at the bananarama resort. This place is cool. It's run by a group of Americans from Idaho, they keep this place safe for kids and adults alike. The food was great , prices were in line and we enjoyed it. We had our two young daughters with us. They enjoyed getting their hair braided by the resort approved vendor and the great beach. Leave your snorkel gear on the ship as there is really nothing to see off the beach except sand.
They need to work a little harder at controlling the outside locals trying to sell you everything, this makes the atmosphere a little un comfortable . Overall it well worth the ride to hang with these guys for the day. Darwin was our server for the afternoon and he was excellent, an asset to this establishment for sure. Thanks guys well be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank snapper75088
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights and can honestly say it was some of the best service I have experienced. Everyone went out of their way to accomodate us and the management were "hands on" in ensuring that the staff did the best they could. This is not a high end hotel but a great property with a lot of charm that provides great value.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Hsessel
Los Banos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have to say that this was the most relaxing vacation my husband and I have ever experienced. The people at this resort make the experience so great. This is not an all inclusive resort, but they sure treat you like it is. As soon as you step foot on the beach there is someone there to get you a beach chair and make sure you are comfortable. Jeff, Robin and Louis always made sure that our expectations were met; anything we needed they made it happen. The beach is awsome (no water shoes necessary) the sand is clean and soft, the water is warm and crystal clear...we actually were standing in knee deep water and could see the fish swimming at our feet. We were so impressed with the wait staff, bartenders, houskeeping, grounds crew and reception staff...these people are fabulous. Many special thanks to Jessica, Caroline, Victor, Wilson, Shawney, Steven, Leilha, Derry, Edison, Zebby, Eduardo, and Sahndra; they are the reason we will definetly be going back. I would highly recommend this property to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in beach side villa #27...great location
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shawn E
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Bananarama is amazing. We have stayed there 9 times now and it keeps gettting better and better...Louis the owner continues to reinvest in the property. The service and food has become just great. Alberto Escobar and Carolina are people we seek out to wait on us for food and drink. They are friendly and attentive. The new pizzeria is the bomb!

Dave Riley and Amigos of Honduras

Ferndale, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just finished another visit at Bananarama, and once again I had a wonderful time. I was there from November 3rd to the 10th. With Denise and the rest of the crew from reception i got checked in and was in my room in less than 5 minutes. Owner Louis St. Louis personnally carried my bag to my room. I stayed in room # 15 which is a duplex Beach Side Room. This room gives you a view of the ocean and beach but you are far enough away from the public areas that it remains quiet and peaceful. Owners Louis and Jamie were joined by new managers Jeff and Robin. Having 2 owners and 2 managers at the resort at the same time meant that their normally good service was even better. When I mentioned to Jeff that the door lock to my room was getting a bit sticky he was back in less than 2 minutes with some oil to fix the problem. It was also wonderful news to hear that resort partner Phil is feeling better and hopes to be back at the Bananarama in the spring. The free breakfast is different each morning and is delicious. Each morning either Shanny, Alfonso or Carolina would have my meal in front of me almost as soon as I sat down. I enjoy taking my dinners at the Thirsty Turtle which is the resort's open air beach bar and restaurant. In addition to the normal bar food last year they added a wood-fired, brick pizza oven which makes a great thin crust pizza. I would not normally expect to find pizza this good in this part of the world. I was surprised when the Thirsty Turtle offered lobster tails on the menu one night. Previously I had only seen this type of item offered at the resort's more upscale restaurant the Vintage Pearl. While at the Thirsty Turtle, vetern bartenders Steven, Derry and Edison along with new bartenders Layla, Angelina and Sandra are all very entertaining while tempting you with an array of tropical drinks many of which I had never heard of before. When you stay at a beach resort it can at times be almost impossible not to track sand or water into your room, but head maid Marleny and her crew had the wood fllors in my room looking great every day. This is a great resort on a great island at a very resonalbe price or this would not be my 9th stay at the Bananarama.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ba1_10
Los Banos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I visited BananaRama for a week and was beyond pleased. The mornings began with warm smiles from Jessica, Shanny, Wilson, Victor, Alberto and Caroline to name a few. No matter what question you might have or how thirsty you become, the bartenders are sooo much more than just bartenders - special thanks to Steven, Zebby, Derry, Edson, Leyla, and Sondra. They all made me feel completely at home from the first moment. I was able to learn where to go, what to eat, how to get there, as well as all the local flavor anyone might want to know.

Room Tip: I was in villa #28 - nice location, safe environment
#5 of 14 in West Bay
4.0 of 5 stars 497 reviews
Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center
Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort

Been to Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!