We absolutely loved this place. First of all it is situated on one of the best beaches we have ever been to. We are seasoned travelers, as my husband is a retired airline captain. The whole beach is swept several times a day and spotlessly clean. Big trees set back from the water so you can choose to be in the sun or retreat to the shade. The water is like a huge swimming pool, and on most days about as calm. You can swim out to the reef from the beach and see tons of varieties of fish and coral. The resort itself is rustic and we thought very charming. The owners, Louis and Jamie are so accommodating. They live on site and are there most of the time. Everyone who works there is very laid back and friendly. They have an excellent dive operation. It is very professionally run emphasizing safety. They have different size cabanas available starting with very basic to bigger and more expensive. You can even rent a whole house at Island Pearl which adjoins Bananarama. It depends on individual preference. As far as the cruise ship passengers go, we didn't see any big problem. If we wanted more quiet all we had to do was stay over on the Island Pearl side since they are not allowed to set up chairs over there. They were there only a short time every day any way. We thought the food in the restaurant was good. It is simple fair but everything we tried was good with large portions for the price. We especially loved the coconut shrimp. To me they were the best I have ever eaten. Our friends thought so too. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance as well. We loved Bite On The Beach. The sun sets right in front of the resort and it is gorgeous every night. We can't wait to go back. I cried when I had to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras