“Beach”

$36.00*
Snorkeling Tour from West Bay
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: West Bay is what many consider the picture-perfect Caribbean destination: white sand, clear, calm waters and full service resorts. The variety of water activities include scuba diving, fishing charters, snorkeling and parasailing. Scuba diving and other outfitters leave directly from the beach so starting your water-based activities is easy and convenient.
Val David, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beach”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

so clean and great for walking Water is so clear. Lots of places to buy souvenirs. People are very friendly and they like to bargain. Also have a lot of activities to do if you want to or you just relax

• Czech first
Lincoln, Nebraska
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful clean beach”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We loved West Bay, the beach is cleaned every morning and the sand flies don't bother you too much there. Most amazing walk in snorkeling at the very end. Many restaurants to choose from and lots of activity. Definitely going back!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank AmorousAmy
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“most beautiful beach in the world”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

White sand, gently lapping crystal clear water, numerous fish, and a beautiful coral reef a few fin kicks from shore. What more could you want in a beach?

1 Thank 324matthewg
Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best place in Roatan”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The white-sand beach is pretty and the turquoise water is amazing! It's probably the most beautiful place in Roatan. What I disliked was there wasn't enough beach umbrella for everybody and you still have to pay the same fee.

1 Thank MaxineChen
Ponchatoula, Louisiana
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Beach to snorkel a must! Cruise day excursion”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

3rd Visit to the beach on our NCL Jewel cruise for Mardi Gras week. We stopped there March 6th 2014. the 4 of us walked off the ship and got a tax/van for just us for only $60 round trip. We also gave our driver $10 tip plus a drink. he took us to the Banarama entrance and made sure we got access to the beach then he came back later in the day to pick us up to take back to the ship around 3pm. The roads have gotten bad since out last trip to the Island with pot holes and making the road trip slower then in the past. Just before you walk onto the beach there is a little store selling water and beer at a good price. I learned this from our last trip and loaded up on the local beer before I even got into the water. my wife thought I was crazy but I'm on vacation. The weather was excellent and hot. we always make sure to bring lots of sunscreen since you're going in and out of the water alot. Please bring lots of sunscreen, towels, snorkel gear, hats, sun shades, flip flops, and fanny pack to keep money close while in the water. Not that we ever had issues in the past with the local crowd but there is plenty of people on the beach doing lots of stuff and I could see how something could come up missing fast. Plus the hundreds of cruise ships people such as myself and the people staying at the resorts located on the beach. The water is clear and perfect for snorkeling. We spent the whole day out in the water where we saw plenty of fish.We walked to left of the beach this time and put our towels down on the sand and kept our spot the whole time. By the end of the day we had people all around us. it was safe. We walked back down to BananaRama to eat and was good choice. The prices along the beach have went up since out last visit last year. does not hurt to check prices as you walk along the beach. After checking with several places we just ended up at Banarama to eat. I got the whole fried snapper with local tropical sauce and rice and bean dish and french fries. and a Beer! Excellent pick. will include a picture. the kids got nachos and burger. my wife got grilled fish dish she loved it. on the way back to our spot I got a few more beers and just really had fun. The water was warm and clear. we took alot of underwater pictures. we did not see a sea turtle this trip but we did see a large grouper down inside some reefs. we did swim out to the edge of the reefs where the water drops off to 60 feet and you can see big fish swim by at a lazy pace. We saw larger fish this trip and alot of different typs of fish. I think we took a slower pace to really watch the reefs while swimming and watching out for them. we did find a few small jelly fish due to the wind blowing them closer to shore from the deep water offshore. Everyone got few jelly stings but did not keep us from going back into the water. you might consider bringing a water shirt to wear just in case. Remember you will have lots of vendors askng you to buy stuff on the beach and don't get mad - that is their living while the cruse ships are in port. Just say no. You can try to buy something if you can to help support the economy. We go on the cheap but try to buy local to help support anytime we can. We saw the guy selling banana donuts but he only came by one time early and i was drinking beer. then he was gone. my daughter wanted to try it but we missed him. maybe on the next trip. I see tons of good comments about the guy selling them. my wife and I always say that we one day we are going to plan to stay a week and fly directly here, and just lay on the beach all week. the snorkeling is the best I have ever done except for Grand Cayman. Both places are excellent for snorkeling. if you are on a cruise ship and plan your own excursions and want to follow our path for 4 people. we suggest bringing about $250 bucks minimum. Car ride for 4 is $60 plus tip. depending on entrance to the beach you might pay 5 to 10 per person to use the hotel gate. I would suggest just parking behind Banarama in the parking lot and just walk in. no cover or entrance fee. remember the beach is public. You don't have to pay to lay on the beach. Only if you want to rent a chair and umbrella then you might pay 25 per person. so be warned. The is by far the best way and cheapest way to visit West Bay beach on a tight budget. You might learn of a cheaper way but make sure it's safe and you will have a way back to the ship. Hope this was helpful. Have fun and enjoy Roatan!

12 Thank lapartridge