“Amazing wedding week!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Island Pearl

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Bay
Island Pearl
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
San Diego, California
“Amazing wedding week!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2010

My husband and I recently got married on Roatan. We had the most incredible week at this resort with our friends and family. Please see my full review under Bananarama Resort.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Montclair
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2010

West Bay Beach is gorgeous with lots of fun activities. The drawbacks of West Bay are that it can get flooded with day cruisers and there are several ugly mega resorts. You can fix all that by staying the Island Pearl where you are close enough to the action, but separate enough to still have peace and quiet. It is comprised of quaint individual cabins that are available for a steal.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Vicksburg, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

This was a second trip to Roatan for my 18 year old daughter and myself (stayed in a cabana next door at Bananarama last time.) It was the first time to Honduras for my fiance and my daughter's girlfriend. After seeing the villas on our last trip we thought it would be the perfect choice for the 4 of us. We were not dissappointed. We chose an oceanfront villa that has a large stone front porch overlooking the water. There is a large upstairs bedroom, a smaller downstairs bedroom with twin beds, a well equipped kitchen and a beautiful bath with a sunken tiled shower. The large front porch was a great place to hang out, read and stash our snorkel gear, beach towels, wet suits, etc.
Daily housekeeping is provided and was very efficient. Any needs were taken care of quickly by the staff. Guy, one of the owners is very visible and accessible. All the staff at Bananarama/Island Pearl is friendly and helpful. Wireless internet access is available free although the girls had to go to the office almost daily to get a new password.
Breakfast is included and was generally quite edible with fresh juice and good strong coffee. A fruit plate is always offered if you don't care for the "typico" breakfast.
Thirsty Turtle has good quesadillas, coconut shrimp. Vintage Pearl is a great place for a delicious, romantic meal.
The best part of Island Pearl is the location--best beach, best snorkelling PERIOD.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Dori S
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

The Island Pearl offers an intimate and romantic environment with villa’s set back just a bit from the beach and some landscaping that offers a little more privacy. It’s a beautiful location and with charming villa’s filled with appeal! I especially like the balconies with chairs and hammocks where you can enjoy the breeze with a good book or conversation, and a gorgeous view of the water only a short distance away.

What I appreciate about the Pearl is you have the advantage of what Bananarama makes available but you can enjoy the tranquility of what the Pearl provides.

The Owners Villa was a good option for us on a couple of visits as it is a large space and can accommodate a couple of couples or number of friends. (Two bedrooms, two baths, and pull out in the living room.) Large enough common living area that we even brought our Wii down and provided ourselves some entertainment in the evenings! It offers a full kitchen and extensive dining area if you prefer to make your meals or be the gathering spot for friends and family that may have joined you on vacation!
(It does not offer the open balcony which I enjoyed at the smaller villas, but that was offset by the value of having more people under one roof and mutually enjoying what the Owners Villa had to offer.)

I wholeheartedly recommend taking advantage of the Island Pearl accommodations!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovemyPTO
SAN DIEGO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2010

What a great jewel on West Bay Beach (the best beach on the island). Only 30 steps away from the warm Caribbean water. Walk the white powdery sand and let your mind unwind and realize you are truly in PARADISE!! Facing almost due west the sunsets are some of the best I have ever seen. My girlfriend, friend and I stayed in the villa above the Island Pearl restaurant and had a great time. The Island Pearl is slightly secluded as it sits back from the beach under swaying palm trees and various flora and fauna. Green iguanas hang out in the trees and various birds sing there songs of happiness. All the villas at the Island Pearl are a perfect getaway. Try them and you'll return.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RIVERLVR
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

I love the atmosphere at this resort (read my view under Bananarama Dive Resort) and highly recommend it for anyone that wants the option of socializing with other independant travellers, vacationers from neighbouring all-inclusive resorts, local expats, and the wonderful staff that work there.

But I especially recommend a villa at the Island Pearl for more luxury, space and privacy. The villas still maintain an authentic rustic feel, but with higher end furnishings and room amenities (full kitchen, large custom washroom, sliding door walkouts, etc). But the true piece de resistance is the large front balcony with lots of seating and a hammock ... that overlooks a beautiful quiet spot on the beach. It is paradise!

It easily and comfortably sleeps 4 people, and whenever I return with at least 2 other peo0ple, I guarantee that I'll be booking a Beach Front Villa at Island Pearl.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank RoatanBubbles
oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2010

We just loved our little beach front villa. We had a beautifully tiled bathroom in our suit. It was 50 feet from water and 300 feet from Thirsty Turtle Bar and Grill were we got free breakfast every morning. The fine dinning at the Vintage pearl restaraunt and wine cellar was 100 feet behind us, and we could use the bananarama dive shop as often as we wanted. We loved the snorkeling and 90 degree waters.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family