“Super stay at Turtle beach”
other travelers have booked this property
Myan Villa Ocean View Bedroom #1 Myan Villa Livingroom w great Ocean view
Diving with the Turtles at Turtle Beach
Waterfall at Night
Beach Bar
Lighted Pathway at night to the Beach
Our beach is raked every morning!
from above
Dock at Sunset
Our Mermaid
Lush gardens
Large palapa for catching some shade or grilling
Our newest beachfront villa
Lush paythways
Beautiful stonework
Hammock at the end of the dock!  Oh yes
ahhhh
Carvings everywhere
Look again how beautiful!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
German first
Any
Nikita C
“Super stay at Turtle beach”
Reviewed May 23, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

I had the privilige of staying here fpr 3 nights. The staff was all hospitable, helpful, kind and so welcoming.

The owner Paul made it feel instantly like home while being away from home. The options were phenomenal, from relaxing on the beach, to rocking in a hammock or to even paddleboarding, kayaking or snorkeling, and ALL included.

The beds were heavenly. And the common area and kitchen and shower was perfect. It was everything you would want from a get away vacation home.

The location was wonderful, but i can say my highlight was the people and mainly the owner Paul. His heart for people just glows from him. So genuine, so caring and so willing to accept you in from day 1 and to make you like a new friend or family member.

You will not regret staying here. PLUS it is not crowded with a bunch of tourists, so you feel like you have privacy too.

May 24, 2018
Nikita we are so glad you stayed with us! We hope you all will be back soon. Please do. You are right about my boss, Paul the owner, he has the biggest heart. He's amazing! Thank you again.
MarkMohr
“Best lodging in Roatan and top notch host”
Reviewed May 21, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

It’s magnificent through and through. We’ve had the privilege of visiting Roatan again and again and I thought I’d stayed at the best spots, but this one beats them all! — Not just in price and value, but in location, privacy, view, comfort, beach/pool access and hospitality.

I’ve had the privilege of visiting 75 nations - I literally travel the world 12 months a year, and I thought I’d seen it all. I was wrong.

The recent additions to this place are so sweet (pictures don’t do it justice). I finally found a place that I can call home away from home.

It’s got the best view of the sunset in the island. It’s a short walk to all the big touristy expensive and overcrowded hotels. It has it’s own dock with almost instant access to some of the best diving in the world.

It’s a steal for a place with its own infinity pool that’s about 20 steps to the beach and sleeps 5.

But the best part of all is the staff that will literally bend over backwards to serve you. In just two days they’ve already become like family to our family that is visiting from Los Angeles.

To put things into perspective, before visiting Roatan we were on Oahu and Maui and this place kicks those island’s butts. Highly recommend! Tell them Mark sent you!

May 22, 2018
Mark,

We have gotten some really amazing reviews....but yours, literally brings tears to our eyes. Thank you so very much. I hope you don't mind if I share on our other sites and our facebook page. Wow.

Thank you for staying with us and for the truly amazing words. We may just keep you here forever!
Joseph C
Jacksonville, Florida
“A Big Thank You”
Reviewed April 9, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Just wanted to give a shout out to Paul and his family for really going the extra mile during our stay with them at Turtle Beach in Roatan. I had a great time diving and exploring with my daughter ( she particularly enjoyed the monkeys at the sloth farm).
Unfortunately about three days in I got some bad vertigo from diving and Paul and his family really stepped up to help . Paul personally took me to the doctor twice and Mary was kind enough to bring food by for my daughter while I was laid up.

They even called to check on me after I got back to Florida. I cannot recall ever receiving this type of caring while falling ill on vacation. For that matter , even my doctor back here in the US doesn’t call to see how I’m doing after a sick visit.

Bottom line is I’d highly recommend Turtle Beach. They treat you like family. They provide an extremely high level of service which is really hard work ( that’s why you don’t see it that often).

A big thank you for helping me out when I was down and out !

Joe C

Apr 10, 2018
We love you Joe! You are welcome! Next time will be better!!! Glad all is well for you now.
GordnLind...
Ontario, Canada
“Paradise Found”
Reviewed April 5, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

This was our first trip to Turtle Beach and will not be our last. We stayed in the beachfront studio "The Lobster" which is very well appointed with all the comforts of home. It has a large covered porch with bbq, porch swings and hammocks that are perfect for morning beverages or evening sunsets that are simply amazing.
All the villas at Turtle Beach are unique and have full kitchens with an island theme. The villas are nestled in manicured gardens with stone walkways and 2 pools with gorgeous views of the ocean.
The beach is quiet and far enough away from the hustle of West Bay and West End but only a 5 minute water taxi ($3/person) or a 15 minute walk to either area.
The beach is raked and maintained by the hard working Carlos and his crew every day. They climbed a tree and got us fresh coconuts on several occasions. Most days we had the beach to ourselves as most guests are either diving or snorkelling with Denise @ Clearwater Dive shop which is affiliated with Paul and Turtle Beach.
Can't say enough about all the people we met in our 10 days in Paradise, from Paul the owner who took care of "everything" we requested to Mary & Larry who stopped by to see us every day to make sure all was good. We went for dinner twice at Oasis an expat restaurant (great atmosphere and food ). We requested a taxi and the first time Paul said no I will drive you there which was very nice of him. The second time we asked Larry to get us a taxi and yeah he also said he would drive us. That doesn't happen at the average resort.
If you are looking for a quiet friendly resort that caters to all your needs this is the place.
We just booked 10 days for March of 2019 and can't wait to see our new friends that feel like family.
I almost forgot Rosa the maid who speaks fluent English and is a sweetheart. She cooked us dinner at the resort kitchen which you definitely have to use while there.
Thanks to Paul, Mary, Larry and the whole staff for one of the best vacations we have been on.
Paul said when we first met him "Paradise Found" and that is an understatement!

Your age range 50-64
Apr 8, 2018
Awww, so sweet! I got you down for next year no worries. Warms our hearts to hear you say "one of the best vacations we have been on". THAT IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!!!
ChrisWert...
Atlanta, Georgia
“Absolutely Wonderful!”
Reviewed December 14, 2017 for a stay in November 2017
people found this review helpful

There are a dizzying amount of hotel options to choose from on Roatan- especially in West End and West Bay. We were looking for a more quiet beach place than a full resort. And I was lucky to have stumbled onto Turtle Beach Resort. There are numerous villas, cabins, and beach houses situated on a steep cliff going down directly to the beach. We arrived in the offseason as they were making improvements- so they upgraded us to the Lobster- a studio villa right on the beach. It was fantastic. Décor was amazing- just about every detail was carefully planned, making this feel like the perfect beach spot. The place is very high quality and built well, unlike some of the other cheap places I found.
They have 2 pools and are working on a new outdoor kitchen. Gardens and landscaping are incredible. And they have numerous kayaks and paddle boards to borrow and use right out front on the really nice beach. They have their own dock with very convenient stops for the water taxi to West End and West Bay.
Our unit had a huge front porch with a grill, porch swings, and hammocks. More hammocks and tables on the beach with a really cool Bluetooth speaker system and lights you can use.
The inside had a great bed, AC, good TV with cable (I could watch my favorite teams on US ESPN), a good size refrigerator, filtered water is provided, and the kitchen is fully stocked with dishes, utensils, and appliances. Great for shopping at the local grocery and planning to make meals to each on the beach.
The staff was great- great communication before we arrived so everything was smooth. They answered a lot of questions and set up our transport to and from the ferry terminal and airport. They even put us in contact with the dive shop right next door (Clearwater Adventures) which was also spectacular.
My girlfriend and I already decided this will be our place and will definitely be back to stay in the Lobster. :)

Dec 24, 2017
Thank you Chris!!!!!! We loved having you and always enjoy when we get to see faces we love again and again. All the best to you both this Holiday Season.
RobKessel...
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Like living in the belly of a whale”
Reviewed November 20, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

We stayed for three weeks in Lobster right on the beach and loved it. Sounds, smells and sights of the Caribbean right from our covered porch. It was the rainy season and sometimes wetter on walks than when we were diving underwater, but there is romance and excitement in a thundering deluge. Just a 15 minute beach walk to either the edgy West End expat community or the upscale restaurants and white sand beach of West Bay, it is the perfect location if you want access to restaurants and night life, but without having it in your face.
Turtle Beach Resort is a labyrinth of little stone walkways, hidden carved treasures, pools, and fountains. Paul, the owner, is a genius at transforming a hotel property into a piece of art. The staff here is incredible. If you want to see the sites or do activities on the island, they will hook you up and help arrange it, without any hidden commissions (which is so common at many Caribbean resorts). Elba Rosa is a brilliant and big hearted housemaid who speaks fluent English and became a trusted friend. Carlos brought me a fresh coconut, groomed with his machete, whenever I wanted, and he might be the hardest and kindest worker I have ever encountered in the Caribbean. Larry and Mary always were checking in with us to make sure we had what we needed and even trusted us with the key to the kayaks so we could go on early morning paddles to the reefs (which are just minutes from the beach). This is not my first rodeo. I have stayed at places in Curacao, Puerto Rico, Antigua, Jamaica, Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and the Dominican Republic. Turtle Beach beat them all,

Nov 26, 2017
Rob,

Your writing is eloquent, revealing, interesting --- amazing! Thank you for the kind, kind words about all of us. We are deeply touched. You two of course were a pleasure to have stay with us, adding a week, adding a week! LOVED IT!
Since you have been all over, we hope you now found a permanent home with us! ...Yes? See you soon!
SnorkelGi...
Boston
“Cute and friendly, Great location”
Reviewed October 12, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Turtle Beach Hotel is a mainstay on Roatan. Located between West Bay and West End, it is convenient, but out of the noise and bustle of the touristy areas. The hotel is a colorful, somewhat rustic combination of 8 or so little apartments, each one unique. The grounds are full of flowers and sculptures, little red crabs and tiny lizards. They have a small pool (plus one more in the making), as well as several palapas. The best part is their dock, complete with swing, hammock and chairs, where you can hail a passing water taxi, watch an octopus in the water, or just hang out.
Each apartment has everything you need to spend a week or month in Roatan. Lots of shade and plenty of hooks to hang wet gear on. And the location can’t be beat. It’s a short beach walk to West Bay, even shorter walk to the delicious Ibagari restaurant, and during low tide you can even walk to West End. And of course you can always hail a water taxi from the dock. Plus it’s next door to the wonderful little dive shop Clearwater Adventures, which takes small groups of divers and snorkelers right from Turtle Beach’s dock. What could be easier or more fun?
The owner, Paul, is friendly and helpful, and ready to lend a hand if you need it. Need some tortillas? Just ask him and he’ll add it to his shopping list. Need a ride into West End? Just ask. You’ll feel safe and like part of the family. If you want luxury, this may not be the place. But if you want a safe, quiet, and friendly hotel, I can’t recommend this place enough.

Oct 14, 2017
Thank you Carol!! You described us so well! We loved having you stay with us! Thanks for being such a pleasure and happy travels hopefully back to Roatan again
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing