I would like for my review to center around the specific room where I stayed, Sky Cabana 4. Foster's Resort has quite a few different room categories, so I would like to focus on this particular cabana. After staying here for one week, I suppose I can offer an insight.
Background: One couple, both 41 years old, no kids.
I had been looking at Roatan for years and finally pulled the trigger and came here. After research, we booked this specific room more than a year in advance. So far in advance, that our confirmation had the wrong year on it. It was corrected easily, and there were no hiccups on check in. For two people, Sky Cabana 4 had more than enough space.
The interior: King sized, comfortable bed, user controllable A/C, and a medium sized refrigerator. The kitchenette also included a coffee maker, microwave, and large water cooler. We drank a lot of water, and when it ran low, we were given more upon request with no fuss.
The bathroom has a large tub and shower. Unfortunately, the jets did not work on the tub. There is a safe in the room, but you have to ask the front desk for the key.
Exterior: The front porch has lots of room. The overhang was large enough to protect our shoes and other items from the rain. There is a single hammock. My wife claimed that for the week, and I was happy to let her have it. The view from this front porch is incredible. It has wonderful ocean views, with a nice tree to the right (hummingbird included). The left side of the cabana has a deck. We could have moved some of the furniture up there, but just laying on the upper deck and watching the stars was very enjoyable.
Other thoughts on Foster's:
We came during the height of cruise season. Most resorts and restaurants began the day with rows of empty beach chairs crammed together. Yes, Foster's encourages cruiser business. However - A new beach lounger was withdrawn from the stack only as needed. A nice touch that did not significantly change the vibe, as their beach never got too crowded. The only cruise impact was an influx of folks getting lunch. They were not there for long, and it did not affect our meal.
Negatives? I wish there was a non smoking area. We spoke to the owner about this, and he pointed out some construction adjacent to the open air restaurant that would provide enclosed, smoke free dining. Furthermore, the owner was very interested in getting the opinions and suggestions from all his guests. I could tell he was displeased about the bad reviews from TripAdvisor and wanted to make sure guests told him about things so they could be fixed, rather than slamming the place later. I was wary about staying here based upon TripAdvisor reviews, but I had a feeling about the place. I am glad I stuck with it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Foster's West Bay Resort is a Garden Boutique Hotel. We have wood made cabanas with unique designs. Most of the rooms are located right on top of the beach making the it an spectacular place to stay. Our staff is happy, friendly and hardworking. We like to dedicate time to every guest and worry about there needs and concerns while they travel. The owners interact daily with the guests of the hotel and collaborate with a personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Foster's West Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Foster`s West Bay Hotel West Bay
- Fosters Hotel West Bay
- Fosters Resort West Bay
- Foster's West Bay Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras