“art lovers dream”

Latin American Lifestyle and Art - LALA
More attraction details
Owner description: LALA is an art gallery featuring indigenous art and artisan home wares from Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. We carry paintings, ceramics, textiles, jewelry, wood carvings, stone carvings and more. We endeavor to show you the best examples of indigenous art and a journey in to the ancient cultures of Latin America.
Reviewed April 19, 2014

a great place to source some great latin american art. The owner is extremely knowledgable & friendly too.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

If you like cheezy paintings/carvings/etc that are mass-produced to stock the run-of-the-mill touristy store, you'll hate this place, and please, stay away. On the other hand, if you like unique, genuine art from various regions (including the island itself), you won't find a better store in either West Bay or West End. Wanda, the staff-member there most days, is charming, friendly, and has a remarkable fluency in English. We dropped by a couple of times, to narrow down our interests, and gauge the bargain-ability of prices, and on our second-last day, bought a large Roatanian bust carving. Fair price$, friendly, relaxed, informative service. A winner.

1  Thank Herschelr
Reviewed February 18, 2014

When I travel, I look for the more upscale art. I was not disappointed. LALA had a lot of wonderful paintings, fabric and pottery. If you are looking for a unique piece to bring back from your vacation, this is the place.

I especially loved the paintings by Angelina Quic and was tempted to purchase the largest one available but didn't have a suitcase large enough to fit it. I ended up purchasing two smaller paintings by the artist that I could transport in the frame.

I had a problem with one of the paintings and returned a few days later and the owner happily exchanged my purchase for me.

I have two disappointments - first that her shop isn't larger. I would love to see the variety she could display in a larger shop and would happily spend hours looking it all over - however her courtyard location is very quaint. The second disappointment is that she didn't feature Roatan or Honduran artists. She has a beautiful selection but many of the artists are from other Caribbean countries.

This shop is definitely worth the short walk from the beach!

2  Thank ktmac2014
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The owner of this shop is very friendly and has very unique art from the area. The art was varied and unique.

1  Thank Laurie S
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I purchased a hand made scarf and a whool shoulder warmer.
Both were at a very reasonable price and were adopted instantaneously by my son and daughter (18, 20). Update: my sun's girl friend is now wearing the scarf!