“GREAT Company to work with!!!!”

West Bay Tours - Private Tours
Ranked #9 of 18 Tours in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: West Bay Tours-Roatan is the largest provider of Roatan boat charters to: Cayos Cochinos, Whale Shark Expeditions and Deep Sea Fishing in West Bay. Climb aboard a 38 ft Luxury Deep Sea Fisher, a 34 ft Cigarette speed boat or a 44 ft Catamaran for the adventure of a lifetime. We LOVE what we do! We love seeing people happy, seeing people experience something that they never imagined possible. Life is all about moments, and sharing that moments with your family and the people you love. Our grandest vision is that everyone feels this magic.
Houston, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
“GREAT Company to work with!!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Avi is beyond helpful and patient! For about a month leading up to us arriving on Roatan I was communicating with him, asking him all sorts of questions and he was beyond patient. THANK YOU AVI! Next time we are in Roatan we will defiantly use them again! Thank you!!

Visited July 2013

“Great company, Locals who know how to fish!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I chartered a fishing boat for the day in Roatan. This was my first time fishing but he has been out up on the lake before when he was a kid. The captain picked us up in West Bay on a yacht and took us way down to the other end of the island. We dropped some fishing lines and were cruising and chatting with the crew when the lines started going crazy. The mate put me in a fighting chair and after my arm nearly fell off we pulled in a 36 lb Wahoo. The fish was almost as big as me! We caught a couple more tuna aswell but that was the highlight. At the end of the trip the captain filleted the fish for us to cook. We gave them most because we were only there for 2 more nights. Great company, Locals who know how to fish!

Visited June 2013
Newport News, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Roatan never again”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

After arriving to Roatan we meet up with the taxi driver West Bay tours had gotten for us. As we were driving to our boat for a deep sea fishing expedition the operator of West Bay tours calls me via the taxi drivers cell phone to let me know the boat had a "problem" and they changed boats. Only the new boat was half the size and not set up for deep sea fishing. But to compensate she reduced the price by 25.00. Wow.So we decided not to. They did however refund my deposit but after a year of planning a cruise and not to go fishing . We went last year as well and had similar problems. Yes, again a tour operator had problems and we ended up with a small boat. No fish but we paid a lot for it. Best bet in my opinion is to avoid Roatan all together.

Visited June 2013
Avi_Roatan, General Manager at West Bay Tours - Private Tours, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We apologize for the negative experience you had in Roatan. To clarify our boat had mechanical trouble the day before so we had to cancel the trip. This does not happen often but when it does it is out of our control, similar to a car breaking down or getting a flat. We receive no benefit from cancelling trips but would rather cancel then send guests out on a boat with issues.

We sent an email the day before informing you of the situation and that we could get an alternate boat ready or we would be happy to issue you a full refund. We did not hear back so we organized transportation from the cruise ship and had the captain get the boat ready. Organizing a boat last minute is not easy , especially when that day there were 2 large carnival ships with over 6,500 guests getting off.

The alternate boat we arranged was $100 per hour including snacks and alcohol for 4 people.
The alternate boat was an island style fishing boat but the captain catches more fish then anyone in that category. For fishing boats of that size, $100 per hour is the rock bottom rate (again we received no benefit for organizing this). There are boats which will take you out for cheaper but they are water taxis which are not suited for fishing. You chose a water taxi for fishing instead of our recommendation and were dissapointed by the results.

I understand how frustrating a last minute cancellation is and apologize for this. We did everything in our power to accommodate your group and issued you a full refund the same day. Given that breakdowns are out of our control and part of any business, we hope you understand that it was not our intention to disappoint you. We wish you happy travels in the future.

Sophia Fedio
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Day Trip!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We took a day trip on a boat to Cayos Cochinos. It was a great time of snorkeling, swimming, drinking and getting some sun. We had lunch on the island which was a great experience to see how the locals lived.

Visited April 2013
Laguna Beach, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Tour Operators”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just back from Roatan. We arrived a few days before Easter and did not realize it was the Islands busiest time. I emailed and call West Bay Tours from home in a panic and within minutes I received a call back and an email response. This is how my entire experience with Avi and Sophia (tour operators) was. They were knowledgable, responsive, and accommodating. Avi sorted out our whole week without a hitch even when last minute weather threw us a curve ball. Highly recommend.

Visited April 2013
Avi_Roatan, Owner at West Bay Tours - Private Tours, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hey Eric,

It was a pleasure helping you family charter a boat to Cayos Cochinos, Swim the dolphins, go on the Dune buggies and go horsback riding. You are extremely well traveled so I am happy your family had some memorable experiences on our beautiful island, would love to have you back!

SIncerely,